Blizzard can you properly balance Hunters?

8 Goblin Warrior

The only thing it says about Readiness is "we have no plans to remove Bestial Wrath from Readiness at this time."

Hunters have been asking for the change for a while, of course they are not going to remove it. It would mean listening to people who actually play the class.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Gee, I wonder why a class that sims low but has 100% damage while mobile seems to actually be able to compete.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Gee, I wonder why a class that sims low but has 100% damage while mobile seems to actually be able to compete.

Except as stated before, if you weigh our specs on a 1 to 10 scale, 1 being the worse and 10 being the best, our best spec jumps between being a 4 and a 6 while our other two are a 3-4 and a 1.

Mobility stops being such a massive boon when other classes are given a ton more DPS and still do more DPS than us even on mobile fights. Warlocks currently get the best of both world.

People like to cite our mobility as some massive amazing thing but when we're not even close to topping the charts even on fights where it would come in handy.... Shadow, Balance, Arcane, and Demonology beat us out or rival us on fights where mobile damage is supposed to be a massive advantage.
Edited by Bullettime on 6/15/2013 1:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
1 being the worse and 10 being the best, our best spec jumps between being a 4 and a 6 while our other two are a 3-4 and a 10.

Im confused, I would say MM is a 1-2 SV is a 3-4 and BM is a 5 at best, actually it slips lower as you play with more skilled players no matter how skilled you are.

Not sure where you got any spec as a 10?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
06/15/2013 01:19 PMPosted by Tbone
1 being the worse and 10 being the best, our best spec jumps between being a 4 and a 6 while our other two are a 3-4 and a 10.

Im confused, I would say MM is a 1-2 SV is a 3-4 and BM is a 5 at best, actually it slips lower as you play with more skilled players no matter how skilled you are.

Not sure where you got any spec as a 10?

Typo.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
I completely agree with the OP. I'm only 522 ilvl, but I notice the same in my raid and have said exactly the same thing. Why play a hunter who brings nothing to the raid when I can play a lock rogue or mage and at least bring good dps.

I compete with the spriest in my raid for dps, I can't touch the lock mage or rogue anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
The only way for hunters to be buffed and viable in pve is to take some pvp nerfs. Being able to break cc so often and maintain incredible uptime on targets is holding them back from buffs. Any increase to output would just make the issue so much worse. The damage isn't incredible. It's just relentless.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
06/20/2013 10:54 PMPosted by Hurticane
The only way for hunters to be buffed and viable in pve is to take some pvp nerfs.

Well the whiners got what they wanted, big surprise.

Readiness now finishes the cooldowns on Rapid Fire, Feign Death, Deterrence, Disengage, and Camouflage when activated (was all Hunter abilities with a base cooldown of less than 5 minutes).

Source: http://www.wowhead.com/news=215350/5...ated-june-20th

The gutting of hunters continues, I guess bottom 3rd just wasnt low enough.
He did manage to somehow work it out in his mind that his beloved Mage class needed a buff though! Clearly top 5 on 11/13 heroic fights just wasnt high enough!
Good game Crapcrawler, its funny that you do not even try to hide your bias anymore... at least a couple years ago you would pretend and pay lip service.

GC did say hunters will be compensated however, of course he said Resto Shaman would be too and they have be horrid this entire expac so...
Reply Quote
there is no "pure class buff" anymore. hasn't been for long time. shouldn't be ether.

so stop saying that.

however I do agree hunter is in need of some looking at since they havnt been changed much. sure you could say focus changed everything but really it didn't. it only made use not sit at oom forever.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Stampede wasn't the area they should have hit. They should have taken Bestial Wrath off Readiness.

The compensation buffs were horrible. Sure, the end result is the same, but now Kill Command is trash and is only a 1-2% gain to use it in a raid setting over Arcane Shot mashing and is a DPS loss in solo content. It also made Marksmanship even worse in comparison to the other two specs and has effectively killed Aimed Shot as a Focus dump for the rest of the expansion when Marks was finally showing signs of life by switching to AiS after reaching 11k Haste.

Well hey, you were desperate for them to kill off BM, too bad they took down your favored spec with it.

We call that street justice.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Remember when Blizzard said Hybrid tax wasn't a thing anymore?
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Remember when Blizzard said Hybrid tax wasn't a thing anymore?
no, because they have never said that.
Edited by Stabetha on 6/22/2013 4:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Crap must agree with Stabetha.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Agree with the OP, I'm ok with the changes to move from high burst to more sustained damage. (And I assume there will be more changes to improve sustained damage in compensation.) Heck, I complained about readiness being clunky and basically calling for that change back in 5.0 right before the serpent sting buff.

However, I have one BIG beef with current PTR changes: Quit messing around with Silencing Shot. As a 10m raider (and typically non Marks), I would be VERY unhappy if Silencing Shot is removed as an option, either core or in the talent tree. My suggestion, if they're doing this to address PvP concerns (which is probably 90% the case), is to mess around with Scattershot instead, for instance:

a) Silencing Shot remains in talent tree, Scattershot is MM ability
b) Silencing Shot is made baseline, Scattershot takes its place in talent tree (Binding Arrow remains MM)
c) increase CD on Scattershot

This change really hurts the design of hunters bringing missing raid buffs as we would have to rely on using pets to give us interrupt ability. A poor tradeoff to be forced to take.

Finally: Somebody messed up and forgot about Master's Call/Exhilaration. Readiness should still reset those along with the other defensive abilities.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
As i sit here and read that whole thread a lot of people made a lot of good points. My 2 cents on the whole argument is that as a Pure DPS class we should have the Damage output that the other PURE DPS classes have. Not saying topping meters but somewhere equal. Hunters have been hit with Nerf after Nerf because of PVP. Which i completely agree with because it is ridiculous playing a Hunter in PVP. I just think that PURE Dps should be grouped with Other pure dps and not be below Hybrid when it comes to damage in a 10man raid environment.
Reply Quote
Personally, I always thought Stampede should be a BM only ability.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]