Corps Looting / PVP

90 Dwarf Priest
What’s the deal with corps looting?
Every time I loot a players corps I get around 54 copper...
The only thing I can have with that amount money is a ride from Stormwind to Ironforge and will have 9 copper left in my pockets.
It is sad to know that someone killed you to steal you 54 copper and received 3 honor points.
That is the sad truth about are value…
Isn’t that strange that even if your character is geared in epic and have plenty of gold on him. Kill a mob will pay more than your death. We are supposedly Hero's!
Should it be time blizzard to make some changes about it?
Received gold or loot something useful to the game like mats, gems or even enchants.
Make the kills worth it!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Do quests and dailies like the rest of us - LOTS of this game is PVE - that is where you will make money. Learn a craft and sell things. You shouldn't make money from doing PVP - not the point of it. Also, learn to spell corpse.
Reply Quote
What’s the deal with corps looting?
Every time I loot a players corps I get around 54 copper...
The only thing I can have with that amount money is a ride from Stormwind to Ironforge and will have 9 copper left in my pockets.
It is sad to know that someone killed you to steal you 54 copper and received 3 honor points.
That is the sad truth about are value…
Isn’t that strange that even if your character is geared in epic and have plenty of gold on him. Kill a mob will pay more than your death. We are supposedly Hero's!
Should it be time blizzard to make some changes about it?
Received gold or loot something useful to the game like mats, gems or even enchants.
Make the kills worth it!

This game has gone the path of the crybabypeepants......easy content, no risk of losing anything in PvP....makes me wish for the days of Asheron's Call and DAoC.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
The money from PvP is just enough to cover wear & tear.

PvP'rs don't face the death-repair-bills that PvE'rs do, and that's why PvE'rs get more.

That said, "looting a player's corpse" was something that was shot-down for WoW on purpose. They might give some coins, but there's no notion of any realism there. Other games have such, but WoW doesn't on purpose.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I think that looting a player's corpse doesn't yield much money because it might be exploited for "easy money". Yeah, it would be nice to earn more money from PvP alone but there are other, rather simple ways, to earn it. The addition of PvP dailies on the Isle of Thunder solely support my PvP character. I don't play the AH because it's just not for me and rarely participate in other PvE activities :)

Perhaps more PvP dailies would be a nice addition as would being able to purchase gems with excess conquest.

♥ Aune
Edited by Aune on 6/11/2013 3:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Anarchh, you didn't get anything of what i'm saying.
I do all the stuff of what wow has to offer. But really what's the point of world PVP if it doesn't reward much? And btw you can't craft if you only concentrate from PVP. You don't have this problem when you PVE. Seriously, if you can't have anything with copper. Why even have the option to loot corpse?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
In EverQuest (If I remember correctly) you could actually loot 1 or 2 slot items off a player if you killed them in PVP .....I got a nice sword that way once.... imagine the outrage such a system would cause now a days?

PvP'rs don't face the death-repair-bills that PvE'rs do, and that's why PvE'rs get more

My pvp repair bill is often around the 200g+ mark or more. Its almost the same as raiding without the loot drops if you do it heavy. Only thing that keeps me going is disenchanting honor gear and selling the sha crystals.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
And btw you can't craft if you only concentrate from PVP

My PvP character has inscription/herbalism and crafts lots of glyphs :) Picking flowers is something I'd consider PvE PvP neutral. I just choose not to sell them and, instead, give them to guildies.

Why even have the option to loot corpse?

So those durn Shaman don't Ankh ;p

♥ Aune
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
@ Tinkerbellic
I would'nt do as drastic then Evenquest to loot the armor. But just make kills more valuable.
It would give people some reason's to go raid some city's and make more fun world pvp and battlegrouds/Arena's
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
@ Tinkerbellic
I would'nt do as drastic then Evenquest to loot the armor. But just make kills more valuable.
It would give people some reason's to go raid some city's and make more fun world pvp and battlegrouds/Arena's

So something like Diablo's ears perhaps? It's a fuzzy line that I think Blizzard is trying not to cross.

Put something too valuable on players to be looted and it's taken advantage of or some people feel "forced" to PvP to get a special reward.

Put copper and some funny white items on players to be looted and it's not enough to warrant looting them.

I like the addition of the PvP dailies and I think it's a step in the right direction. I'm not sure that simply adding more money on player looting would be sufficient/best. Having more things purchasable with Conquest (gems, valor points?) might be nice though.

♥ Aune
Reply Quote
You need to get the darkmoon adventurers guide. I make a good chunk of coin selling the random quest items you can get that people want when DMF rolls around each month. Usually pull in at least 20k if i'm being lazy about it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
@ Methodicalb

Yeah there is plenty of way's to make gold. To me it's just non sense that you can make more money from killing a boar...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
In EverQuest (If I remember correctly) you could actually loot 1 or 2 slot items off a player if you killed them in PVP .....I got a nice sword that way once.... imagine the outrage such a system would cause now a days?

PvP'rs don't face the death-repair-bills that PvE'rs do, and that's why PvE'rs get more

My pvp repair bill is often around the 200g+ mark or more. Its almost the same as raiding without the loot drops if you do it heavy. Only thing that keeps me going is disenchanting honor gear and selling the sha crystals.

Your repair bill is 200g for three hours of PvP a night?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
@Aune

Yeah your idea sound right. Anything to give more value. I've been looting 50c corpse for 8 years now. I think this can had more dynamics to the game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You can get harmony with honor. What do you do with extra honor?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin

I've been buying Tyrannical Gear for my other specs with it. I was buying Spirits of Harmony but ended up with 40 and nothing left to make :T

♥ Aune
Reply Quote
This game has gone the path of the crybabypeepants......easy content, no risk of losing anything in PvP....makes me wish for the days of Asheron's Call and DAoC.

O. M. G.

Seriously, you must be waaaay hardcore. AC and DAoC? /fail

If you're gonna try sounding hardcore and mentioning oldschool actual pvp, then at least mention something with a challenge to it. Say Pre-trammel UO or SB. Jeez. Talk about a "crybabypeepants".
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/11/2013 03:35 PMPosted by Aune

I've been buying Tyrannical Gear for my other specs with it. I was buying Spirits of Harmony but ended up with 40 and nothing left to make :T

♥ Aune

You can trade it in for mats so it's no different then before if people don't know this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]