Server Mergers Incoming!

90 Draenei Shaman
Big changes coming! We are getting "Virtual Realms" in which realms are "fused together". Appears that the only difference from a real server merger is that we won't have to change our names.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/06/12/patch-5-4-ptr-patch-notes/
Reply Quote
60 Undead Rogue
Right after my guild decided to transfer... Sigh. Even though I'm ticked many people got ripped off, I do think this is a very good change for the game.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I actually think that Blizz's goal in that sale was to nudge people along who were going to transfer eventually so they could see where all the realm populations really stand before creating virtual realms.

More mature players, and especially female players seem to have stuck it out on Maiev. I like the active guilds that are left. We don't even have any trolls left on ally side anymore, and all the players left are pulling together to still play the game. Even cross-faction, people are giving each other a hand. Of course, I'm sure that we also just have a lotta noobs in tiny guilds who don't know any better than to stay.

I'll actually miss War Horse. But I know that most of the alliance are glad to see them go, lol! I hope that we don't get merged with Vashj. War Horse would attack Stormwind, which is legit. Or, at the worst, camp people in pandaria. Vashj horde will hang out in Goldshire killing low lvl quest givers so lowbie alliance can't do their quests.
Edited by Whitebunny on 6/13/2013 12:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
This is how the Phoenix datacenter pvp realms could be merged to achieve balance:

VR1: The Forgotten Coast, Drak'Tharon, Maiev. Total pop 6071. 4313 Horde/1757 Alliance
VR2: Tortheldrin, Anub'arak, Rivendare, Vashj. Total pop 5910. 4094 Horde/1816 Alliance

Alternate

VR1: The Forgotten Coast, Rivendare, Maiev. Total pop 5851. 4106 Horde/1744 Alliance
VR2: Tortheldrin, Anub'arak, Drak'Tharon, Vashj. Total pop 6130. 4301 Horde/1829 Alliance

Population info was taken from wowprogress, which is admittedly inaccurate since it only looks at 90s who are in guilds with some T14 progress: http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
hey im glad you guys are gone :p
Reply Quote
60 Undead Rogue
Thank you Whitebunny, it was always our goal to ultimately have fun when ever we tried to stir up some world pvp. Glad to see some guys on the alliance took part in the fun instead of complaining like others did. But I'm also using Maiev to lvl an alt and several people are still around, so you may not have seen the last of us ;)
Edited by Drixjin on 6/13/2013 9:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Rogue

More mature players, and especially female players seem to have stuck it out on Maiev. I like the active guilds that are left. We don't even have any trolls left on ally side anymore, and all the players left are pulling together to still play the game. Even cross-faction, people are giving each other a hand. Of course, I'm sure that we also just have a lotta noobs in tiny guilds who don't know any better than to stay.

Maiev used to have alliance players? Maeiv actually has those right now?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Perhaps it'll save Maiev.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
yolo
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
nothing will save maiev >.>
:O
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
RIP maiev <3
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
MAIEV 2013, NEVER FORGET
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Maiev isn't dieing guys. People have been saying that for years. Sure, it's on a downward spiral right now, but it always finds a way to pick itself back up.
I think that we, as players, owe it to our own server to help it back on it's feet. Just being nice and helpful will go far in that regard. ;P
That's not to say don't kill people. By all means, we are a PvP server. Just don't be a total jerk in doing so (Ex: Camping a lowbie for no reason at all.)
I'd say 'But that's just my opinion.' but I know there are lots of other people out there who agree with me.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Here's the blue post about virtual realms being implemented:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9948294765?page=1

Wyn is right. It's been really tough over the past year with such a small population. But those who stuck it out on Maiev, at least Ally side, have done a great job keeping the realm alive.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
We are on the list! :D Maiev will be connected with Bloodscalp and Boulderfist:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10262756397?page=1
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Hello there guys. I hope you like horde dominated servers, 'cause you're about to be one. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Well to be fair, they're already Horde dominated. It's just that their total server population has 2k fewer people than JUST Horde on Bloodscalp, and BS was the smaller server in OUR merge.

When this goes live, I hope those of you who still pay attention to realm/official forums will speak up about what does and doesn't work for you, be it on (any of the three) realm forums, or the thread(s) that are stickied about it on the general forums. It's been like pulling teeth to get the few Alliance regulars on Bloodscalp to speak up about their experiences (though I suspect some of them aren't saying anything on the forums because they got banned back in classic, haha), and I don't feel like there's been a lot of feedback given to Blizzard about the whole situation. Maybe I'm wrong though, I dunno.

Anyhow, hello from both your soon to be sister servers-in-law!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Hello Ragnarøx and Basanti :)

I have been warning Maiev since virtual realms were announced to expect the results to be horde-dominance. We are actually ally dominated right now, but it's only been that way for less than a year. We were horde dominated for years, then the horde mostly fled for higher pop realms. :( And while connected realms may not be welcomed by ally who just quest or kill rares by themselves, Maiev was slowly dying for the rest of us guild by guild and raid team by raid team. Getting ganked regularly is worth it if it means having an economy, being able to fill a raid team, and being able to form groups in trade. It's okay. Maiev alliance have learned to work together. We'll only venture to timeless isle in packs if we have to. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
If you have packs to venture in, you're doing a lot better than we are ;P I'm hoping this third connection will do something for Alliance-side, if only because you folks are used to having a super tiny pool of talent to draw from but are also actually not massively burned out on trying to herd cats :( Your A-raiding game certainly seems better than either of ours, and I have to admit—your server has a ridiculously better name ;P

I just hope the massive Horde influx isn't too much of a culture shock. That's my biggest concern here, honestly (and why I think the other servers being connected in this bath are low pop to low pop—they get to titrate up on the higher pop levels gradually, whereas you're being thrown into the proverbial deep end of the low/medium pop pool). I don't want the rest of you getting scared off :<
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I am so excited about this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]