Glyph of Efflorescence(5.4)

90 Worgen Druid
"The Efflorescence effect is now caused by your Wild Mushroom instead of by Swiftmend, and lasts as long as the Wild Mushroom is active. Additionally, increases the healing done by Swiftmend by 20%."

Does that mean the AoE HoT from swiftmend will continuously tick forever??

edit: or does it mean the "efflorescence now centers on your mushroom" effect lasts as long as the mushroom is active.
Edited by Margrethe on 6/16/2013 12:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I don not see that in the notes?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
To my knowledge, no one has the glyph on ptr to test it, but from the wording it's inferred that placing your mushroom drops efflo around it. It would then continue to heal 3 people within 10 yards of your mushroom each second until you detonate or move it. In effect, turning your mushroom button into a 5 minute duration ground heal that costs 0 mana.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It sounds like 2 piece t15 just got a whole lot better.
Reply Quote
22 Tauren Shaman
The wording is confusing right now, but to me I think whenever you use Swiftmend, Efflorescence appears where the Wild Mushroom is and not where the Swiftmend target is. It will still last only 7 seconds, but allows you to control where it appears by using Wild Mushroom.

This would allow Druids to use Swiftmend on single targets without feeling Efflorescence was wasted since you can reposition your Wild Mushroom/Efflorescence on the melee/stacked group.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The wording is confusing right now, but to me I think whenever you use Swiftmend, Efflorescence appears where the Wild Mushroom is and not where the Swiftmend target is. It will still last only 7 seconds, but allows you to control where it appears by using Wild Mushroom.

I'm pretty sure it's actually like the others have posted, that Efflorescence will now be anchored to your Wild Mushroom and will pulse indefinitely, as long as the mushroom is up:

"The Efflorescence effect is now caused by your Wild Mushroom instead of by Swiftmend"
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
The only worry I have about it was that with the new mushroom it was summoned underneath me not at a targeted location maybe im missing something. but that may mean a lot of more placement.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
The only worry I have about it was that with the new mushroom it was summoned underneath me not at a targeted location maybe im missing something. but that may mean a lot of more placement.

The new Wild Mushroom appears underneath your current target. So you no longer click the ability, move your cursor to where you want to drop it, then click again. You just target an ally and click.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
You just target an ally and click.

Bolded the part that annoys me.

I don't target friendlies. For anything.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Bolded the part that annoys me.

I don't target friendlies. For anything.

You can mouseover it like anything else.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You can mouseover it like anything else.

Not unless they've fixed it. I was having to
/tar mouseover
/cast Wild Mushroom
/targetlasttarget
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
This glyph is being rethought and likely removed imo, per GC twitter.

@Ghostcrawler When will Resto Druid Glyph of Efflorescence be on PTR? Is this glyph being rethought?
Expand
Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 33m
@BobJeff9 Our concern is that Swiftmend went from being a great ST heal to part of the AE healing kit. Maybe that wasn't the right call.
Edited by Tonydanza on 6/19/2013 9:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
That tweet isn't exactly a direct answer to the question posed. What GC said is more or less justification for something to separate efflo from swiftmend: swiftmend went from being a single target to aoe heal when efflo was added, and that concerns them.

I find it a little strange that this only begins concerning them now even though efflorescence has been around for a looong time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This glyph is so op. Efflorescence is now my 1st or 2nd top heal. Put the mushroom under the tank and boom 5 minutes of free hot ticking healing. I like it but this is soooo gonna be nerfed. It has to be. This is totally tilting the healing numbers to one class, if known how to use it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
At the very least they should have thought to scale it to account for the fact that old Efflo didn't have 100% uptime. Otherwise it's obviously going to become a massive throughput boost. It's hard to believe someone wouldn't have pointed this out on the PTR.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
That tweet isn't exactly a direct answer to the question posed. What GC said is more or less justification for something to separate efflo from swiftmend: swiftmend went from being a single target to aoe heal when efflo was added, and that concerns them.

I find it a little strange that this only begins concerning them now even though efflorescence has been around for a looong time.

Because disc priests and holy paladins didn't already have things in their favor by shielding the crap outta everything.

Let resto druids have their time in the sun. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It sounds like 2 piece t15 just got a whole lot better.

Just realized that my glyphed shroom doesn't seem to be benefiting from the T15 2 piece. Only hits three people.

QQ
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]