Enh Sham : Legendary Cloak quest

90 Draenei Shaman
For anyone out there doing the Wrathion fight, you are going to have a bad day,

Couple of problems with this fight, especially where the Enhance Shaman is concerned,

The tears have a very small Hitbox so you get hit by all of them if they group up to each other, spec to frozen power and Frost Shock to separate them a little, you need to get them to 1:1, they hit for 30k each x5 = you are going to have a bad day, we have no Cleave so single target is the only real option, if you can do the regular FB>LvL>FN spread then do so but, do not kill them all at the same time they rez around a minute after you last killed them,

with the constant kiting initially they move to slow, but they will speed up on their own which makes them actually easier to kill as they keep up with your strafe speed,

another prob with the fight is that his Cone attack does not actually cover his cone aoe graphic, not Enh Shamy related im sure its broken for all the fight, GG Blizz

next problem is the Mirror image phase and this is actually the deal breaker for the fight, from here you are at the mercy of RNG, for this phase you have to remain close to the mid for all other phases,

As soon as Wrathion runs to the center you need a magma totem down, whatever else you were doing forget it, so basically this uncontrollable, unpredictable transition phase is completely up to the RNG gods, and is dumb design,

the mirror images are completely random and only one of them will stop them all, he does this about 3 times, so if your magma happens to not get this one guy 3 times in a row its mute,

the problem is the images have 1000hp, so you cant FS>LvL as everything you do kills them, you have about 5 seconds to clear them with the totem, and it is all complete luck, which is all well and good if you are a war, dk, rogue, cat, mnk, paly, they have a button that just does an aoe attack, but eff us shamy's we got a totem, and it just doesnt cut it, not for this fight anyway,

recommendations to bliz
fix the Tear hit box
fix the AOE cone animation so it covers the actual damage area
fix/change the mirror image phase clump the images closer together or increase the cast time of the bomb

I just got lucky with my kill, i dont feel satisfied, i found it a very annoying encounter that had too much in the realm of chance than skill

gl, hf, dont break your mouse
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
NOT looking forward to this. At all.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Can enhancement shamans cast chain lightning just whenever?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Can enhancement shamans cast chain lightning just whenever?

Not really, they have a 60k mana pool which will dry up quickly if they aren't hitting things with melee attacks.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
did you do xeun's trial? I don't remember half of these mechanics from when I did it, but it may have been because I killed it fast because gear + OP burst damage
Edited by Chillbros on 6/19/2013 12:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
=[ I just killed him within 1 minute so I didnt even see half his abilities. All I saw were the 180degree cleave, summoning blobs and an interruptable cast.
Edited by Potsu on 6/19/2013 12:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
If you are having problems, try grabbing the little charm from the celestial quartermaster in the vale, the buff should be active since you are in the various temples.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I only posted this after I killed him, I had the coin as well, opener sustained 800+k dps, and rng helped with a late tear spawn and manageable/lucky mirror phase,

Just expected a less random element to the fight,
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Having a really tough time with this fight, finally got my last token this morning and thought I was home free.

It seems, as the OP stated, RNG has a huge role if you get to the mirror images. I have gotten a few good runs in, but pure face smash seems like the best bet as there is a lot less crap to deal with early on in the fight. I do not have the gear though to get it done as fast as necessary.

...off to die a bunch.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Sorry, I one-shotted this with a EFE/BL/GW pots+flask+food burn in very short order. I guess for people that aren't at the top end of gear, this fight could be tough for Enh, but I found it a mild bit of time spent hitting a target dummy that moved slightly. Maybe the best bet is to find ways to improve your dps so that those mechanics aren't as life threatening. And that may seem like a "captain obvious" answer, but I see a lot of enh shams out there reforged/gemmed/talented wrong for their ilvl.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Shammy pal of mine, just said go into it with all guns blazing, every CD and trick you have and it's over before ascendance is.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Gonna give a different talent set a go, see if I can get more standing time on the boss from the start with some more defensive talents.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
@Bimmer EM/PE is your best bet, and make sure you're hitting him from behind during your burst cycle for the added damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]