Any talent should be made baseline?

If you think any of the talents could be replaced or made baseline which would it be?

I think Dampen Harm should be made baseline and replaced with something else. Some of the other talents could be tweaked a lil or cd lowered. After seeing and trying dampen harm i just think it shouldn't be a talent.

Love monk, smexiest class in the game
Edited by Nuckles on 6/19/2013 10:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
If we are counting glyphs as well i want the Glyph of ToK to be baseline

As for talents:

Ascension to be baseline (you could remove the extra 45k mana and 15% energy regen if you want)
Edited by Melondew on 6/19/2013 10:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I really would have loved ring of peace to be baseline for wind walkers...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I really would have loved ring of peace to be baseline for wind walkers...

All 3 specs use RoP so can't make it baseline for one and a talent choice for the other two. Plus all the QQ if they had RoP and could pick up a stun talent.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
I'm pretty content with all the talents currently. The only tweaking could be done to rushing jade wind but I'll wait until they do a pass.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Tiger's Lust.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Xuen and clean up that mess of a tier.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Invoke Xuen should be made Invoke Celestial and made baseline, and it summons
- Niuzao if you're Brewmaster
- Chi-Ji if you're Mistweaver
- Xuen if you're Windwalker
Then add a glyph which invokes Yu-long instead for some party/raid utility (new Heroism?)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I would like to see Ascension be baseline, Chi brew is a really decent cd but it's not worth taking over Ascension right now.

Also Xuen should be baseline and something that actually relates to the other talents in the 90 tier should replace it.

Edit: Xuen should be the level 87 ability and should invoke a different celestial depending on your spec, kind of like Ascendance.

trancendance is a good ability but I think we should get something better.
Edited by Darshmellow on 6/19/2013 1:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Chi Wave.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Ascension.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
Healing Elixirs
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
Invoke Xuen should be baseline.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Chi Wave.

This. Seems like it's the majority choice in that tier for all specs.

Edit: Not a talent- but Glyph of Xen Flight
Edited by Shafer on 6/19/2013 2:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Tiger's Lust.
Reply Quote
i think i will change mine to ascension.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I would love to see an Invoke Celestial baseline, and the lvl 90 talents redone.

I do not see myself using any of the other two lvl 90 talents other than Xuen.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I would love to see an Invoke Celestial baseline, and the lvl 90 talents redone.

I do not see myself using any of the other two lvl 90 talents other than Xuen.

I use RJW as Brewmaster quite a bit, as it gives me an AoE ability that generates shuffle which is nice, and Chi Torpedo as MW for the free heal.

So personally it feels like every talent has a spec it is tied into. The last tier really does need to be redone. Chi Torpedo could be MW baseline, Invoke Celestial a baseline CD, then something class defining actually put into the last tier.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Tiger's lust is absolutely mandatory for pvp (moreso as WW)
The extra chi slot granted by scension should be baselne (and perhaps the tier could use a look at for other ways to make the choices more interesting)

Rushing Jade Wind should heal regardless of spec, and invoke xuen could be moved/replaced by a similar damage/healing utility (though I guess it won't kill me to leave it there)
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I agree with Xuen being baseline and giving something different to each spec. To replace it I would love to see some sort of actual burst cooldown here. Like a huge gain to best secondary stat or something or even possibly allow all chi moves to be used without chi cost for 10 seconds or so.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]