Open Libram LXXXIII: Man of Living Steel

90 Draenei Paladin
06/15/2013 12:15 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Title Track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNQ92LdjRaE
Does not belong.

I just don't get dubstep .. as far as I'm concerned it's just annoying random noise designed to give people a headache. Give me 80s music any day!

*plays Toto - Africa*
90 Draenei Paladin
I don't think being a Tank or Healer has anything to do with wanting to go into a raid blind or not, personally when I DPS I feel like I have more to worry about then on the rare occasion
when I raid Tank.

But whatevers, I'm done with the video argument, I said my piece. I think they're a good tool regardless of your role or level of play.

It's just.. so hard to care about any of the DC characters (besides Batman lol).

I like DC quite a bit more then I like Marvel. I mean I love Thor and the Avengers and Spider Man, the old animated series not the movie Spider Man, too pieces but I enjoy DC more.

In fact I enjoy the DC animated movie lines more then most of the Marvel live action movies.

If DC could pull it together and do what Marvel has managed it could be amazing, but instead we keep getting terrible things like the GL movie or the Batman who really needs a damn cough drop.
90 Draenei Paladin
I just don't get dubstep .. as far as I'm concerned it's just annoying random noise designed to give people a headache. Give me 80s music any day!

I feel about the same way about 80s music :P

In fact I enjoy the DC animated movie lines more then most of the Marvel live action movies.

DC generally does better than Marvel in the animated department. Although most of the fare directly aimed at comic book fans, like Allstar Superman, tend to be incredibly disappointing.
90 Draenei Paladin
06/15/2013 04:55 PMPosted by Snozberries
I feel about the same way about 80s music :P

Real instruments, real people singing, .. your loss I guess.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/15/2013 05:23 PMPosted by Muletia

Reality is overrated.
90 Dwarf Paladin
06/15/2013 05:45 PMPosted by Lobster
Golden Earring

I haven't thought about that band in years.

...Now I feel old. >_<
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If DC could pull it together and do what Marvel has managed it could be amazing, but instead we keep getting terrible things like the GL movie or the Batman who really needs a damn cough drop.

GL movie was bad cause of the crappy CGI, story was pretty bad too

DC generally does better than Marvel in the animated department. Although most of the fare directly aimed at comic book fans, like Allstar Superman, tend to be incredibly disappointing.

Allstar Superman was good though -_-

his superpower is that he talks to fish and has a harpoon as a hand.

Super strength, speed (yes its a little faster in water but still quick on land), reflexes. Could use magic though not sure if thats true anymore with the new 52.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I finally caught Theck logged out in his tanking gear, and I must say, god damn. 800k hp, though he's got more guardian gems than solid gems.

But he uses the capacitive meta.. which seems really odd.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/15/2013 06:12 PMPosted by Maebyfunke

Having watched it recently (but not read the comic), I enjoyed it, but it did feel pretty disjointed - there were a lot of subplots that were too quickly introduced and then resolved. If I had read the original issues in which those plots had some time to develop, they probably would have made more sense, but without that context, it was just "hey look, it's two other Kryptonians who also survived and now they're on Earth and are jerks, oh no how will Superman deal with them, nevermind they got sick and now they've apologized and they're in the Phantom Zone, on to the next scene!"

It could've been improved by trimming out some of the subplots, IMO.
90 Dwarf Paladin
06/15/2013 06:30 PMPosted by Ravicana
hey look, it's two other Kryptonians who also survived and now they're on Earth and are jerks, oh no how will Superman deal with them, nevermind they got sick and now they've apologized and they're in the Phantom Zone

Please tell me they still managed to use the giant cellophane "S" of uselessness!
90 Draenei Paladin

Meh, I like music that gets my blood pumping. 80s music is mostly either dull or unintentionally funny.

It started off strong, but about halfway through just felt like it was check-listing things off for the sake of it. And the ending just fell flat in comparison to the tone of the rest of the movie.

Great for the spirit of the comic books supes. He's a great vessel for fantasy projection. The ultimate paragon. But, as a character, he's just incredibly unengaging.
90 Dwarf Paladin
He's using the DPS meta while going balls-to-the-wall stam, instead of haste; instead of truly focusing on tank DPS and going full haste.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Because it's the only thing he's going toward dps for, it seems really incongruous when looking at the rest of his gear.
90 Draenei Paladin
Perhaps the value of the Tanking Meta doesn't stack up well?

I really haven't looked into anything regarding it since I'll never be using it cause they don't work in Challenge Modes.

So many different schools of thought on Tanking these days that it hardly matters.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 6/15/2013 7:09 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I suspect it's a question of opportunity cost - the Capacitive meta is a significant amount of DPS, especially with Vengeance-fueled attack power levels, and this is enough to outweigh the benefits of a tank meta. But regular haste gems provide a less favorable ratio in trading stamina for DPS.

Or in other words, he's thinking in terms of stat weights, rather than priority rankings. Whether that's actually wise given his raiding situation, I have no idea. But that would be my guess at the justification.
90 Draenei Paladin
Oh Light, they're making a 300 sequel.

Of all the movies that never needed a sequel, ugh. It was a perfect standalone.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
How do you sequel things where the main characters die!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]