Spriest enters arena...

3 Undead Hunter
5.2, 5.3: Spriest enters arena and gets tunneled.

Blizzards idea: "let's make them 15% more squishy" in 5.4.

Logic is good.
Reply Quote
46 Night Elf Druid
have you played shadow on the ptr?

its pretty bad, soooo squishy
Reply Quote
3 Undead Hunter
Idea to fix stuff:

Spells/buffs and abilities have 2 values:

- Does X damage (or lasts X seconds etc).
- Does Y damage (or lasts Y seconds etc) against players.

E.g. Shadowform:
Assume a Shadowform, increasing your Shadow damage by 25%, and increasing all party and raid members spell haste by 5%. However, you may not cast Holy spells while in this form.
(against other players: reduce all damage done to you by 15%).
Edited by Killsmith on 6/16/2013 9:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Hopefully they have buffs planned for shadow, it's really bad. At least disc is good though, that extra PWS with every penance is really fun.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I hear only bad things for Shadow from people that play PTR, I'm so excited. -.-
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
I hear only bad things for Shadow from people that play PTR, I'm so excited. -.-

Well they just get torn apart by every melee class and hunters. I'm assuming they're supposed to get some type of buff like locks got baseline Howl of Terror, but it hasn't happened yet. Spriests also got one of their PvP bonuses nerfed.
Edited by Coilz on 6/16/2013 9:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
58 Orc Death Knight
Its actually ~18% more squishy.

getting crit for 140k's on the PTR by warriors is fun.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
This nerf amuses me - training spriests all day. What is this? Their damage reduction taken away? This is like candy to melee...

As a Warrior that drops everything when a Shadow Priest arrives to get myself a free victory rush, I disapprove of this nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Everquest Next comes out this year hopefully.

And you are expecting the crown king of pve mmos to do better than wow with pvp?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. :P

I liked everquest, I played it for years, but it wasn't known for its pvp. PvP was only available for RP reasons in EQ.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I have no idea what Blizzard was thinking with this nerf. Spriests used to always have to stack resil up until this patch. Now next patch they're going to have to do it again even though resil gems are worth nothing now?

Something isn't right.

I guess this is Blizzard's way of altering the class totem poll. A class gets bumped up, and another class gets knocked down so they're no longer viable.

It's just been that way since WoW started. Surprised there's still people who haven't noticed this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Its actually ~18% more squishy.

getting crit for 140k's on the PTR by warriors is fun.

Before any Arena or BG starts, melee already fight over who gets first dibs on the s/priest :\
Edited by Strauss on 6/17/2013 6:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
so you say you're 15% more squishy..

Well how much defense did you gain with this 65% resil change?

20% more resil? 30% more resil?

As a whole, you still have more defenses than you used to have lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Right.
Because only priest got 65% resil baseline.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Right.

priest have great self healing, cc, and abilities to get away, so do locks, so do boomkins.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

priest have great self healing, cc, and abilities to get away, so do locks, so do boomkins.

Melee makes you heal less, immunities to CCs, and gap closers.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Right.

Pre-patch: Shadowpriests and moonkins get trained into the ground by mouth breathing melee. They either die in seconds, or outplay their opponent x100 times over to just have a chance at winning.

After patch: 15% nerf to overall survivability. (also game changing spells removed from spriests already [life swap] and soon to be moonkins [NS]). I wonder how this will impact melees' strategies.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Uhm.. go make a Spriest on ptr, do some arenas or duels.

Tell me we're still viable.
Your reasoning makes no sense, shush.
Reply Quote
14 Worgen Priest

After patch: 15% nerf to overall survivability. (also game changing spells removed from spriests already [life swap] and soon to be moonkins [NS]). I wonder how this will impact melees' strategies.

Melee strategy? With the nerf to all casters, they will still be on warlocks, moonkins and spriests faces 100%. And even with that, they will still keep complaining.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Melee strategy? With the nerf to all casters, they will still be on warlocks, moonkins and spriests faces 100%. And even with that, they will still keep complaining.

My point exactly. I use the term "strategy" loosely.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]