Feral Druids

90 Troll Druid
DT
I need to know if anything is going to be done about the complete inability to get away from a feral druid as a caster. There is nothing any caster can do to keep a feral off of them and with how high feral damage is and how many survival tools they have plus nice defensive cds and heals it is just too much. If the answer is no then I will continue to play my feral until someone at blizzard comes to their senses.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I'm not sure how ferals do against Locks, but they rip us Mages apart.

Well the good ones do anyway.

I have slightly more chance beating them with Fire then with Frost, thanks to Combustion and Dragon's Breath.

But not by much.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Fear is the bane of a feral, same with stuns. Hibernate and cyclone also can ruin our setup if you're balance.

Thing is though, feral is a mobile spec, it has to be because of the ramp up and requirements to have a self buff and bleeds up on targets. We saw what happened in cata when ferals had their mobility removed.... they were terrible and free kills.

We're a melee counter to frost mages, unfortunately until frost mage control is throttled back, Ferals will stay mobile.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
unfortunately until frost mage control is throttled back, Ferals will stay mobile.

I think ferals should stay mobile no matter what. That's their niche (and of all druids really). It's also what separates a feral from a rogue. Rogues are seriously lacking in the mobility department but have OK burst out of stealth. Opening burst is a rogue's niche, mobility and target uptime is a feral's.

Plus, it's a cat. Cat's are supposed to be fast and agile.
Reply Quote
Feral is just a near-god-mode class right now. They're effectively immune to snares and roots, have ridiculous self healing and survivability, and can deal absolute bonkers damage.

Hybrids in general are ridonk in PvP right now, but feral's mobility makes it insane.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I'm not sure how ferals do against Locks, but they rip us Mages apart.

Well the good ones do anyway.

I have slightly more chance beating them with Fire then with Frost, thanks to Combustion and Dragon's Breath.

But not by much.
yeah they !@#$ on warlocks right now. very stressful to fight ferals especially when we can once in a while get some sort of damage out they just get 2 procs for instant heals gg. they have full health again start over.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
06/17/2013 08:54 PMPosted by Flickyourbic
They're effectively immune to snares and roots,

Which has been a staple of druids since vanilla. It was only in cata they took it away and they saw not only the mass outcry of druids but the fact that it completely destroyed the spec.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The mobility is fine. i realize its supposed to be like this but the instant heals that heal for. i have to say a large chunk to almost a full heal for them is a bit overpowered considering thier mobility and damage. obviously i wouldnt wanna take thier healing away but i think blizzard needs to tone down hybrid healing a bit when they can burst so high and do such consistent damage in pvp. same concept with destro locks. our heal is fine but. things like ember tap that break the game and the way pvp should be should just not be there.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
The mobility is fine. i realize its supposed to be like this but the instant heals that heal for. i have to say a large chunk to almost a full heal for them is a bit overpowered considering thier mobility and damage. obviously i wouldnt wanna take thier healing away but i think blizzard needs to tone down hybrid healing a bit when they can burst so high and do such consistent damage in pvp. same concept with destro locks. our heal is fine but. things like ember tap that break the game and the way pvp should be should just not be there.

I agree. Both Feral and Lock self-heals are outrageous.

And I scratch my head when Blizz decide to nerf Lock's movement. I mean, huh? Their movement was fine. Nerf self-healing instead!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Our self heals are not that good...

If they are that means they've popped an 8 min c/d called heart of the wild, a talent which reduces their overall burst because they're not taking DoC or NV.

Our self heals are not that good, they certainly don't heal for as much as you think they do unless you mean the NS combo which is going away next patch.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I need to know if anything is going to be done about the complete inability to get away from a feral druid as a caster. There is nothing any caster can do to keep a feral off of them and with how high feral damage is and how many survival tools they have plus nice defensive cds and heals it is just too much. If the answer is no then I will continue to play my feral until someone at blizzard comes to their senses.

you cant get away from a feral because your afk.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Ferals don't have the "Oh F-" cooldowns that some classes have. Instead, they have a LOT of rotational healing and mobility.

It's a lot harder to pin down a Druid, but once they're pinned they don't have a big "nyeah nyeah can't touch me" button to push like Warlocks or Rogues do.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
warlock fears, sleep pet, and teleports not enough?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Had to laugh at op.

"Is blizzard going to make casters hard counter every class? If not I'm gonna play something else."

*goes into bg as feral

"Is blizzard going to make fears and instant cc less annoying? If not I'm going to play something else."

/cycle continues.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
KGB
Fear is the bane of a feral, same with stuns. Hibernate and cyclone also can ruin our setup if you're balance.

Thing is though, feral is a mobile spec, it has to be because of the ramp up and requirements to have a self buff and bleeds up on targets. We saw what happened in cata when ferals had their mobility removed.... they were terrible and free kills.

We're a melee counter to frost mages, unfortunately until frost mage control is throttled back, Ferals will stay mobile.

Its not "FROST MAGE CONTROL" its all mages.. well fire and frost, arcane is kinda lame; trouble with feral is it doesn't just rip casters to shreds, it rips every one to shreds..

Feral druids that QQ for buffs are delusional. Feral could do with several nerfs, and then it would be balanced.

Ferals don't have the "Oh F-" cooldowns that some classes have. Instead, they have a LOT of rotational healing and mobility.

It's a lot harder to pin down a Druid, but once they're pinned they don't have a big "nyeah nyeah can't touch me" button to push like Warlocks or Rogues do.

Oh really? Ever seen a druid go from damn near Zero HP to full in an instant? They have druid Lay on Hands on a six min CD.. Nice try buddy but that crap will not fly around here.

Also druids not only have insane mobility, they also have bark skin and bear form. They have a great number of ways to survive and avoid death. That's why they don't have pally bubble.. Then again if the feral is grouped or paired with a ret he gets Divine Shield...... So Symbiosis says HELLO.
Edited by Khlause on 6/19/2013 12:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Oh really? Ever seen a druid go from damn near Zero HP to full in an instant? They have druid Lay on Hands on a six min CD.. Nice try buddy but that crap will not fly around here.

Heart of the wild is a talent. How about we take away lay on hands for paladins? Isn't that overpowered as well with their bubbles and such? No? Stop making it seem like a druid can spam the cooldown, because we can't. It's a long cooldown for a good reason.

Besides.. a silence will ruin a druid's day if you see them low and they pop that talent.
Reply Quote
Wairala, you should like talk to Datah or something so you stop spouting misinformation about feral.
Reply Quote
PvP two = I chase your !@# faster

PvE two piece for 5.4 = I randomly get 50% stronger shred/ravages

I see this combo making your life even worse come 5.4

And a feral that is smart enough to pop Incarnation and ravage spam you when Omen procs for 50% additional ravage damage....... oh boy
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Our self heals are not that good...

If they are that means they've popped an 8 min c/d called heart of the wild, a talent which reduces their overall burst because they're not taking DoC or NV.

Our self heals are not that good, they certainly don't heal for as much as you think they do unless you mean the NS combo which is going away next patch.
even without heart of the wild the heals are crazy and its only a 5 minute cd i thought.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
06/19/2013 02:23 PMPosted by Waraila

Heart of the wild is a talent. How about we take away lay on hands for paladins? Isn't that overpowered as well with their bubbles and such? No? Stop making it seem like a druid can spam the cooldown, because we can't. It's a long cooldown for a good reason.

Besides.. a silence will ruin a druid's day if you see them low and they pop that talent.
and anyways why is someone with next to no pvp experience talking about it anyways. go kill fairies and let the experienced players speak plox :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]