healing questions

86 Tauren Druid
Hi!
I usually hate healing because i don't like getting yelled at, but after leveling several dps classes and getting mocked ANYWAY i figured at least if i get mocked i can let them die. plus my husband agreed to tank for me.
So far I really like druid healing, but I think its because these early levels don't really require massive brain functions.
I have glyph of rejuv right now - should I always keep rejuv up on the tank and dps (like through boss fights and trash)?
When clear casting proc's I always just burn a regrowth even if everyone is full, but other than that - should i only use regrowth for emergencies?
Should I use swift mend every time its off cool down even if everyone is healthy?
I hardly ever use healing touch is that normal? I have it macro'd to the instant cast ability so i "save it for an emergency" but then emergency happens and i forget how to play.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Hi!
I usually hate healing because i don't like getting yelled at, but after leveling several dps classes and getting mocked ANYWAY i figured at least if i get mocked i can let them die. plus my husband agreed to tank for me.
So far I really like druid healing, but I think its because these early levels don't really require massive brain functions.

This is very true. :D

I have glyph of rejuv right now - should I always keep rejuv up on the tank and dps (like through boss fights and trash)?

Even at end-game raiding, I like to keep a Rejuve rolling on the tank at all times. It means I have one always available for Swiftmend, and, when you learn the spell, it charges mushrooms. It also gives me a bit of a buffer in terms of reaction times if the tank takes a sudden, unexpected hit. I wouldn't bother leaving one on a DPS, unless there is one in particular who seems to enjoy getting in trouble. I am not a fan of the Rejuve glyph myself, but since Nourish is a decent spell at low levels, it's not a bad choice for leveling. You will want to replace it at high levels, as Nourish really isn't all that useful at 90.

When clear casting proc's I always just burn a regrowth even if everyone is full, but other than that - should i only use regrowth for emergencies?

At your level, mana shouldn't be an issue, so there is no reason to avoid using Regrowth. That will change once you hit the MoP level dungeons. I believe Nourish and Regrowth are pretty much all you need for direct heals, depending on how urgent the damage is.

Should I use swift mend every time its off cool down even if everyone is healthy?

While leveling, no. Save it for when someone takes a spike, or when there is AoE damage. You don't get mastery until level 85 (I think), and the "Swiftmend on CD" recommendation is mostly for helping keep Harmony up.

I hardly ever use healing touch is that normal? I have it macro'd to the instant cast ability so i "save it for an emergency" but then emergency happens and i forget how to play.

Very normal. I probably use it a bit more than some druids, because I do use the macro almost on CD. It is a big heal, and I have always believed that CDs are there to be used, not stored for emergencies. This is mostly because I find that if I get out of the habit of using a spell, I forget to use it when I really do need to. Do get in the habit of using your big CDs, even if it isn't an emergency, so that when emergencies do happen, your muscle memory will already be trained for it.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
Thanks!
once I get to 85ish what will the main healing spells be if nourish isn't as good, and regrowth uses too much mana?
Does wild growth cost a lot of mana?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Wild Growth is rather efficient in terms of HPM (health per mana). On "normal" fights, i.e. ones without gimmicky mechanics, it is in my top 3 heals. Your bread and butter will be Rejuve, all the way up through level 90. That is almost always my top heal. Druids are a HoT based class, so it is fairly rare that a direct heal will be in your top 3, or even your top 5 in a raid. Regrowth will be much higher in 5-man dungeons, as you will be using it on the tank relatively often. I use the Regrowth glyph which gives is a guaranteed crit chance, which makes up for the fact that it is so expensive. Unless I have a Clearcast proc, I save it for when people are closer to 50% health or less, and use Rejuve if they are above 50%, unless there is a chance they could take another big hit soon, and need to be healed up NOW.

I do use Nature's Swiftness macro'd to Healing Touch for a big burst heal, or Wild Mushrooms, if I know people will be staying put for a while, or will shortly be in a known location (stacking, or kiting through a known point, such as on Primordius).

But in general, your top three heals will almost always include Rejuve and Wild Growth, with the third heal varying depending on the fight.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]