Guild leader quit wow, How can I take it over

90 Human Priest
I know this is probably somewhere around the forums as I have found sparse info on google already. But I am curious if I am able to take over a guild if the Guildmaster and officers all quit wow months ago? Just came back after a couple month break due to original GM quitting and I have found a guild with no one active at all *most haven't logged on in 4+ months". I want to find a new guild but this one has the bank, rank 25 and all my alts already in it which would help with not needing a Bank character anymore. Anything able to be done about somehow kicking him from the spot?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Your rank has to be within the first 2 or 3 under the GM rank (which is rank 0, so I believe it's ranks 1 and 2 definitely, possibly 3, that can dethrone.) And if you can, there will be an option, a button you can click in the guild pane. I believe. (Hit J) I've never seen it so I'm not entirely sure where it's located.
Reply Quote
Wait until 3 months is up, if your not "rank 3" then put in a ticket if no other ranks of that number (That is 2 down from the guild leader) and blizzard will give it to the highest rank active in the guild.
Reply Quote
Wait until 3 months is up, if your not "rank 3" then put in a ticket if no other ranks of that number (That is 2 down from the guild leader) and blizzard will give it to the highest rank active in the guild.

That isnt true. Since this change I havnt heard of blizzard stepping in anymore. They put in tools to help, if they dont help, then they wont step in. Unless they have changed again.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Gunney is correct. Blizzard established a firm policy that enables a gm to protect their guild from ever being dethroned, by setting only the 3 ranks at the top as having the right to dethrone. If you aren't in that rank, you can't ever dethrone. I have never once heard of it happening since the policy was established. And there is no big outcry to change the policy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
06/20/2013 02:42 AMPosted by Gunney

That isnt true. Since this change I havnt heard of blizzard stepping in anymore. They put in tools to help, if they dont help, then they wont step in. Unless they have changed again.

Yup, I can attest to that.

Even in my old guild, where there WAS no players assigned to ranks 2 or 3, and the defunct GM held 0 and 1 for his main and alts - and I was the sole officer at rank 4 - the guild was allowed to die rather than any intervention happen.

This was even though the ranks and everything else were created under the previous system - the GMs would not grandfather it out, even though the GM had no idea that the ranks he had set up would preclude the guild passing on if he could not come back online as at that time, it was 30 days and any rank.
Reply Quote
I was in one guild and when I put in a ticket they passed me guild leader and I was rank 4 in the guild but the only active person in it. Which is why I stated that
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I just quit a guild because the gm has disappeared and no one left is higher than 4. after 3 mos alone raising the guild from 0 to1 I could not get accepted by blizzard to take over the guild. it is still there with 3 ppl - 2 level 4 and the absent gm. really ,really upset me -but...what can ya do?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I was in one guild and when I put in a ticket they passed me guild leader and I was rank 4 in the guild but the only active person in it. Which is why I stated that

Policy has changed.. or maybe you got a GM who did not follow policy.. but either way the standard response you will get now is that Blizz does not step into this issue any longer, if your not in a rank to dethrone and no one who is in rank 1-3 you had best just leave, Unless you enjoy sitting in a dead guild hoping someone who is in rank 0-3 will come back.

Often guild leaders will deliberately set things up this way, as they know they will keep the guild even in a prolonged absence. These leaders are more concerned about keeping their property then they are about the longevity and health of the guild - the players in the guild.
Edited by Ssinfull on 7/1/2013 11:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]