libcef.dll

90 Orc Warrior
apparently it's missing and i can't open the ticket in game to find out how to fix it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
when i look at tickets or anything in the help menu in game i get this error. The program can't start because libcef.dll is missing from your computer.
Reply Quote
Try running the repair tool in the launcher
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Rogue
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8873797825#9

We're looking into what's causing the "libcef.dll is missing" issue. For now, you can get the warning message to go away by deleting the World of Warcraft\Utils folder. You won't be able to use the in-game browser while it's in this state. The game will instead revert to having you submit support tickets the regular way.

Try running the repair tool in the launcher

Run the launcher in admin mode, then click on help for the repair tool.
Edited by Kozzae on 6/16/2013 4:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
deleted the util. folder and it fixed it...
Reply Quote
I am having the same issue. I do not want to delete the utility folder. I do not think we should have to "delete" any folder when we pay for the game AND for game time! Blizzard needs to fix this as it is a error in the setup files and not a Windows 7 issue with their DLLs. Please let me know when a fix is made for this issue. I might just cancel my account credit card till it is fixed if it persist as I do not want WOW to hurt my hard drive or mother board with stop errors. Thanks for your prompt attention to this issue.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
just ran the repair tool like was suggested and i still have the problem although it lets me hit ok when it posts the this file is missing and boots up the rest of the way fine you guys still need to fix this
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Strikerblack,

Did you delete the Utils folder as suggested?

90 Goblin Warrior
no not yet i usually don't delete folders like that i don't want my game screwed up xD
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Strikerblack ,

Well, that's what the workaround entails. Just running the repair utility isn't going to have any effect.

MVP - Technical Support
97 Draenei Mage
I am having the same issue. I do not want to delete the utility folder. I do not think we should have to "delete" any folder when we pay for the game AND for game time! Blizzard needs to fix this as it is a error in the setup files and not a Windows 7 issue with their DLLs. Please let me know when a fix is made for this issue. I might just cancel my account credit card till it is fixed if it persist as I do not want WOW to hurt my hard drive or mother board with stop errors. Thanks for your prompt attention to this issue.

Let's be clear here.

Everything inside the Utils folder is for the in game browser.

It's part of a set file that should get restored by the Launcher when you open the Launcher.

The DLLs inside it don't affect anything else on your system as the Utils folder in the World of Warcraft folder is not a system folder on any Windows operating systems.

The DLLs are essentially just a stripped down version of the Chrome framework used to display pages in the game browser. The only thing you'll hurt be deleting them and them not being restored is the inability to use the in game support browser. For which you could always go to :

https://us.battle.net/support/en/

To access the same thing you would see in game.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
just did it and i have no problems ty
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I tried this fix and I'm still missing my utils folder, but the game works.
edit: I reinstalled after being away for a couple months. I never had this error before.
Edited by Shryke on 6/19/2013 7:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I deleted the util folder and now it doesn't say error it just freezes after a few seconds of me playing.

Would love some help.
Edited by Cryphunter on 6/19/2013 5:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm getting this error too. I formatted my entire computer and re installed the game several times. What a waste of my time.

Ok, so i have to delete the utils folder. If you eventually fix it, am i going to have to reinstall again?
Reply Quote
37 Pandaren Hunter
I have done both repair the files and delete the utils folder, on top of uninstall and reinstall, from disk and download. Nothing is helping, on top of that my game will not stay connected to the server for more than a few minutes, most of the time. Yes, I'm crazy... but my husband and I went and bought a brand new computer just to fix this problem, and update our hardware so we could play thinking it was on my end. I'm at my wits end with WOW. I just want to scream. The bugs need to be worked out and soon, like yesterday.
Reply Quote
92 Human Mage
I'm also missing the libcef.dll, did 3 full uninstalls/installs (every and anything that was WOW and Blizzard ). I too get the little Error screen,X is out and then I can play. BUT I don't have an Addon button, or looks like any of my addons. I was going to delete the Utility file but not bothering at reading this thread. When is help going to show up?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I also need help. Same error missing the libcef.dll file. I just finished installing the game via client download (22GB total). I obviously won't reinstall. What to do ???

Leb
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]