Best Lock Spec In 5.4

100 Gnome Warlock
Hello, after reading threads about this kjc nerf, I would like to know how this affects destruction and what would be the best spec in 5.4. By best spec I mean the spec that is least effected by the nerf. Thanks.
Edited by Daemonhands on 6/17/2013 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Kinda hard to say imo.

No word yet on how destro will be buffed. It could be great, it could be horrible.

The aff changes seem decent on paper, but as of right now, it's mostly promises with no actual percentages or figures to back it up.

Demo will likely be decent in 5.4, and the least affected by the KJC nerf. However, I believe they've also mentioned that the UVLS trinket, which adds greatly to demo's appeal, will likely be nerfed in 5.4. Demo could be a good mobile spec in 5.4, or it could be significantly out-performed (especially on low movement fights) by aff and destro since those two spec will likely be getting buffed and not demo. Too little info to go on yet I think.
Edited by Backslider on 6/17/2013 7:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
NAKED 90.

No lvl 90 talents selected.
Reply Quote
19 Undead Warlock
Best lock spec? Shadow.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Best lock spec? Whatever you want to play...im kind of tired of all these people asking the same question every day
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Best lock spec? Whatever you want to play...im kind of tired of all these people asking the same question every day

Absolutely agree. Whatever clicks for a particular person will generally allow him to do more damage regardless of what theorycrafting says.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warlock
06/17/2013 10:32 PMPosted by Gadsden

Absolutely agree. Whatever clicks for a particular person will generally allow him to do more damage regardless of what theorycrafting says.

Well obviously this is true, some specs aren't designed to be mastered in 3 minutes.

But if a player actually sticks to the spec and attempts to learn it then the theorycrafting will shine through.
Edited by Creedy on 6/17/2013 10:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
06/17/2013 08:51 PMPosted by Annasoul
NAKED 90.

YEA-

No lvl 90 talents selected.

-AWWww.

I was hoping my "Raiders Without Pants" movement had finally caught on after years of being a one-man awareness marathon runner.

Oh well, perhaps it's for the best. The next race is a couple states over, and crossing state lines is sort of a legal gray-area for me at the moment. Apparently running for awareness isn't quite as acceptable when the race takes you through a school zone.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
06/17/2013 10:35 PMPosted by Creedy

Well obviously this is true, some specs aren't designed to be mastered in 3 minutes.
But if a player actually sticks to the spec and attempts to learn it then the theorycrafting will shine through.

Maybe. Or maybe the guy just doesn't like the feel of it. Remember, players are people, not robots.
Reply Quote
Mage
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
I will choose no level 90 talents if they go in the way the do
Reply Quote
Mage

Have their own issues.

I'm a mage reroll and won't go back there.

It's just going from one class with craptastic level 90 talents to another with ones that are, if anything, even worse. I dropped the mage because of those talents. They are still there and they still suck.

Also: fire is gonna get nerfed at some point. Bank on it. Especially after locks get wrecked, it'll be sticking out like a sore thumb. Right now we're giving mages a bit of cover at the top of the charts.
Edited by Sybhyl on 6/18/2013 1:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Destro is actually the weakest pve dps spec atm t15 heroic gear considered http://simulationcraft.org/530/Raid_T15H.html demo and affliction already outperform it by a mile...so either of them will still be the top choice.Affliction is already king this patch for arena as well, you just cant face a team past 1800 or 2k mmr that will ever let you get a chaos bolt off its just not viable, and destro locks in RBGS use mannoroths fury atm for fire N brimstone spread, which is what makes locks top dmg as destro....

Alot of locks are confused it seems, a good amount still play destro these days maybey they find it easier idk, but like i said its definatley not the better spec now in pve or pvp, learn to play demo or affliction just know that it takes a bit to maximize dps as those too, like reapplying dots on procs, ect look up a guide. They are also probably equally affected by the nerf as well, obviously not as affected as destro
Edited by Mcdreamyy on 6/18/2013 9:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
06/17/2013 10:32 PMPosted by Gadsden

so much yes :) i recently went affliction on my lock because i was told it was pulling top dps right now, but it felt strange and my dps sucked :( so i went back to demonology and my numbers are fine. always been a sucker for demonology <3 it helps loving your spec!!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Holy necro batman! The answer now, upon retrospect, is certainly affliction. The crabs will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]