I love that PVE trinkets are breaking PVP...

90 Undead Warlock
Again.

This is exactly what PvP power was invented for; keeping Deathbringer's Will, Cunning of the Cruel, Insignia of the Corrupted Mind, Bryn'Troll, etc out of PvP.

It's the only time you see people do damage in PvP that's so absurd it makes you want to complain on the forums, but if you armory them, you'll see two BiS PvE trinkets if they're a human, or still one if they're not.

And here we are, full circle again, when there was very little wrong with how resilience was before, power needed a slight nerf to reduce burst, and instead you just make PvE pieces Best in Slot.

Again.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Agreed. System was fine. Apparently making pvp "more approachable" to newcomers justifies a broken gear system.
Reply Quote
When I did the pvp legendary quest I ran around with wushoolay's and breath of the hydra equipped. It was pretty fun, bridged the gap between me and full pvp geared players. Can't imagine how bad it would be if I was doing the additional 50%ish damage granted by pvp gear.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
For my toons, VP trinket on this one as Aff, Feral uses VP trinket, monk uses relic of xuen, shaman uses wooshlay's since it's up forever, imagine I'd use the VP on my rogue as well if I leveled it the last two level's it needs.

Honestly don't see why PvP DPS trinkets exist at this point.
Reply Quote
Agreed. System was fine. Apparently making pvp "more approachable" to newcomers justifies a broken gear system.

Further validating the argument that gear progression in PvP creates more problems than it solves.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
PVE trinkets in MoP are dispellable, deleveled, and the burst procs are converted into sustained. How can you still be complaining about them?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
PVE trinkets make their way into PVP because PVP trinkets are terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Let the pvp trinkets offer resilience also... fixed. makes them more appealing for pvp combat
Reply Quote
PVE trinkets in MoP are dispellable, deleveled, and the burst procs are converted into sustained. How can you still be complaining about them?

wuh...what? Dispellable?

There's a reason you see nearly every high rated team with a PVE trinket or 2 on it. We're still complaining about them because they're still imbalanced.

They are literally the only reason you see another player do damage that makes you go "Whaaaa?" (Besides hunters, rogues, rets, druids and shaman).

Mages in particular I've been noticing have a HUGE damage difference between two same-geared players, minus a PvE/PvP trinket.

(OP here)
Edited by Flickyourbic on 6/22/2013 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
They are literally the only reason you see another player do damage that makes you go "Whaaaa?" (Besides hunters, rets, druids and shaman).

Same thing applies for enhance burst. line up trinket with dancing steel synapses and any other agi buff you can obtain and pew pew pew twice as hard, also heal twice as hard.

Without a pve trinket its dumb, with a pve trinket its even more dumb.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
my first battleground with Wushoolay

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/835/qlb.png/

Get this PVE #*(% out of here
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
I didn't realize pub stomping randoms was a good justification for nerfs now.
Edited by Argument on 6/21/2013 2:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
PVE trinkets in MoP are dispellable

No, they're not. You're thinking of the buff from the legendary Meta gem.

It's funny, the reason PvE trinkets became the ideal choice for PvP is because they nerfed the amount of PvP power it takes to get 1% (which is the only passive stat on PvP trinkets) So the stats no longer worth stacking and PvP trinkets are very underwhelming.

Why did they make this change (in addition to the gem nerfs)? Because if they hadn't then Heroic PvE gear gemmed with PvP gems would've been best in slot for PvP.

So in their effort to keep PvE gear out of PvP, they did the exact opposite as far as trinkets go.

Nice job.

It's kind of annoying, too. I shelved this toon a couple months ago in favor of my warlock for PvE. Planned on making my Mage strictly a PvP toon. Now I find myself forced to queue LFR weekly again in hopes of getting a Breath of the Hydra or Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance despite already having a full set of Tyrannical PvP gear.

Cool game.
Reply Quote
06/21/2013 04:35 PMPosted by Zildjian
PVE trinkets in MoP are dispellable

No, they're not. You're thinking of the buff from the legendary Meta gem.

It's funny, the reason PvE trinkets became the ideal choice for PvP is because they nerfed the amount of PvP power it takes to get 1% (which is the only passive stat on PvP trinkets) So the stats no longer worth stacking and PvP trinkets are very underwhelming.

Why did they make this change (in addition to the gem nerfs)? Because if they hadn't then Heroic PvE gear gemmed with PvP gems would've been best in slot for PvP.

So in their effort to keep PvE gear out of PvP, they did the exact opposite as far as trinkets go.

Nice job.

It's kind of annoying, too. I shelved this toon a couple months ago in favor of my warlock for PvE. Planned on making my Mage strictly a PvP toon. Now I find myself forced to queue LFR weekly again in hopes of getting a Breath of the Hydra or Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance despite already having a full set of Tyrannical PvP gear.

Cool game.

Yup, can't wait until I'm lucky enough to get my Best In Slot PvP trinket from LFR. Already spent 6 runes on 1 boss, gold each and every time. 0/15 or so on trinket kills.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
KGB
ROLF, you guys! You are a little behind the times here..

Did you know that those PVE trinkets scale down to 496 AND loose a big chunk of their effect in PVP?

As in you don't get the full proc either, that is not just scaled down by also reduced by HALF.

On use PVP trinket is very good, it offers PVP power ~4% static damage And an on use stat buff.

PVE trinkets, I use these for world PVP where they are not scaled down at all. However they still have the reduced PVP proc.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest

There's actually some truth to this. The pvp trinkets in the game have been more or less the same since WotLK. PVE trinkets actually change from tier to tier and can have interesting procs. PVP trinkets have only been given a flat % increase every season. Maybe pvp trinkets would actually be used if there was more than just the cc breaker, the battlemaster's, the on use, and the proc, again, none of which have changed in four and half years.?
Reply Quote
ROLF, you guys! You are a little behind the times here..

Did you know that those PVE trinkets scale down to 496 AND loose a big chunk of their effect in PVP?

As in you don't get the full proc either, that is not just scaled down by also reduced by HALF.

On use PVP trinket is very good, it offers PVP power ~4% static damage And an on use stat buff.

PVE trinkets, I use these for world PVP where they are not scaled down at all. However they still have the reduced PVP proc.

Who is Rolf? The only Rolf I know is from Ed, Edd, and Eddy.

They're scaled in half and doubled in duration.

You're the one who's "behind the times" if you think PvP trinkets are even a viable alternative for most classes.

For others, sure it works with no alternative, but so does using paper towels for toilet paper.

Edit: Maybe rogues should be added to the "too much damage" list, if they don't need a trinket to touch people the way they do.

06/22/2013 12:29 PMPosted by Ebayslayer

There's actually some truth to this. The pvp trinkets in the game have been more or less the same since WotLK. PVE trinkets actually change from tier to tier and can have interesting procs. PVP trinkets have only been given a flat % increase every season. Maybe pvp trinkets would actually be used if there was more than just the cc breaker, the battlemaster's, the on use, and the proc, again, none of which have changed in four and half years.?

This was our request every season, every patch, every expansion since. Their response was PvP power.
Edited by Flickyourbic on 6/22/2013 1:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Teammate died to a warrior (A WARRIOR) in a single shockwave, WITH roar of sacrifice up, because said warrior had double PVE trinkets.
Reply Quote
This new Holinka guy gave me some hope that they might start caring but this still appears to be a pve game where pvpers aren't important.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

i won't say that the system is fine as it is. However, I will say you really do not have a grasp on what it was like to have little or no pvp gear trying to pvp with people in even medicore pvp gear.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the person who thought it'd be a great idea for pve'ers to HAVE to pvp.

I know I enjoyed seeing 18k executes while at the same time, living bomb was ticking on me for 50k.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]