Intellect or Spirit?

17 Orc Hunter
I just made a priest and for some reason it is not showing up. Anyways she is a Holy Priest and I was curious what stats I should be going for? I am new to healing and I really don't know what to chose? Thanks in advance! :D
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
You want both Intellect AND Spirit. At low levels, there aren't a lot of items with Spirit on them, however. So try to get items that have Intellect, and if possible, intellect and Spirit. Don't take items that are pure Spirit, however. It's really not worth it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
As Tiriel said, low level items you don't have that much choice. It'll be more of take what you can and just try to save mana in as many places you can get away from if you have a chain pulling tank :)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Holy priests use a ton of mana. Look for gear that is intellect, spirit, mastery. Those are the best three stats you can get for holy.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Eventually, you will need to strike a balance between stats on your gear that maximizes your int+other secondary stats with enough spirit to have regen that gives you enough throughput to last the entire fight. This being said, at your level just go for the next upgrade regardless if its more int or spirit. At low levels, you don't have to worry so much about this balance. You will see more base increase to your healing and dps, for questing, if you go for the int upgrade even if you lose spirit.
Reply Quote
41 Night Elf Priest
sub ~30 you really don't need spirit at all, just focus on int
crit and haste are great too (as you'll likely be solo till 15 anyway) but there's not a lot of it around.
I only really start to run oom when I jump around spamming holy nova for long stretches
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
At low levels, you'll have a hard time draining your mana. Additionally, if you are leveling through dungeon crawling, you'll be going through gear so fast it won't even matter.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]