Monk too boring?

27 Orc Shaman
I just got MoP and leveled a Pandaren Monk and found it too boring. She's only level 12 but can't muster the willpower to level her any further. Will it get better if I continue or if I don't find it fun now should I just stop?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Idk u play which spec. The fun spec is brewmaster and mistweaver.

Brewmaster is the most active and exciting tank, but hard to master. Last time my off spec is BM, but change to WW bcos my guild hv another skillful BM.

Mistweaver can dps and heal at the same time. At lvl 90, with proper gear, can pull a group of mobs (3 to 10) and AOE down them and life still almost 100%. Can reach 100k dps.
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Warlock
It gets so much better, keep going!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
FBI
Well...

if you have heirlooms you can get to lvl 20 super fast... then at lvl 20 you get access to those daily quests from the monk sanctuary place you can teleport too which again vastly increases your exp gained...

using that when mop came out this char was into mop content within two afternoons of playing and then got to 90 shortly after that.

As for does it get better... monk healing/tanking have been the most fun i have had doing either of those roles since vanilla.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Monk at low levels sucks. It gets better pretty quickly for MW and Brm... WW sucks for a bit longer.
Reply Quote
83 Human Monk
I felt the same way as TC. I almost hate to say it but I think it was being a Pandaren. I know I know I hate myself for thinking it but I think it was. Anyway I tried a Draenei and my God I nearly died of boredom. Anyway I ended up oddly enough with a human monk and it is awesome. I am leveling WW and probably going to tank/heal when I get max level. Anyway like others say stick with it. Being a monk is the most fun I have had with the game in a long time.
Reply Quote
What about it do you find boring?

I find WW a blast.... And Brewmaster.... However I thought mistweaver was just annoying, personally.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
Monk is the antithesis of boring...keep playing and thank me later.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
I was hooked from level 1, but I had also played it on the beta, so I knew a bit of what I was getting into. But I'm the same way with shamans, I just can't get passed level 15 without falling asleep. Personally, I love monks, they've pretty much broken any other melee class for me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I don't think any class is fun up until like lv 30. And for warlock affliction.. like lv 8x haha

Also, monk is the funnest so far. I like tanking better than paladin or druid tanking. and healing is so much more fun :D
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Level 12? So you spent 15 mins on a toon and made the call it was boring?

Ok...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Of course the low levels are going to be boring . . . . . .

they always are . . . .

Just have to dig in . .
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
The most I can say is stick with it, I haven't regretted rolling this Monk since day one. They become incredibly fun later on!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
lv12... everything is boring at lv12.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
wtf... WW is the most fun ive ever had leveling a class. The only other class/spec that even compares is feral druid. But I guess its a matter of opinion.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Play any class at low levels it just sucks.

Level as Brewmaster till you get Rising Sun Kick, that's when WW will get more fun (imo).
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
i find WW at 90 to be quite enjoyable. theres a lot to watch when dpsing, so you arent going to get bored.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Brewmaster until 56. Then Windwalker. Windwalker absolutely does not take off until you get Tigereye Brew & Rising Sun Kick.

But running around as BrM up until then is hella amazeballs.

Let the fun begin!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]