New Mistweaver

90 Orc Monk
I've been playing Monk for a couple of months now, and after killing Lei Shen 3 times a week to use rolls and not seeing a RoRo, one finally dropped for me yesterday. As the fates would have it, the item was lost , and Blizzard is unwilling to fix it after a day and a half of support tickets. I can't force myself to play a dps spec reliant on a specific drop to be competitive, and then be completely screwed out of it after farming for a couple of months.

Anyways, /rant over. I gave me first shot at Mistweaver today, and it was pretty fun . I think I did ok, anywhere between 30-40k HPS, depending if there was a lot of AOE raid damage being thrown out. I haven't healed in a raid since I mained a Druid in Vanilla, so I'm just looking for some general tips if anyone would be kind enough to respond.

I noticed I didn't have any mana issues, which I was worried about with my terrible gear, so I'm thinking of reforging the spirit on my trinkets into crit until I can win the lottery and get some new ones. I'm also thinking about going Power Strikes instead of Ascension for this reason. The Power Strikes should be an obvious throughput increase, while the crit I'm assuming will be, although probably miniscule.

Haste. From what I have read, I am at the first haste breakpoint. I have read that it is more beneficial to reforge to crit until I can hit the second haste breakpoint. Is this correct?

Spells. I am basically building chi with renewing mists and soothing mists, and then using chi on uplifts. I'm using chi blast on cooldown, and I'm trying to stand behind the melee dps and cast it on the tank so that it goes through the dps on it's way to the tank. Is this optimal? I'm using thunder tea on cool down, as well as my mana tea (glyphed).

If you can see anything I'm doing wrong with my gear or talents or glyphs, or anything really, please feel free to help in any way you see fit. I'm a noob, and I don't mind being treated like one. Trolling is also welcome, as long as it has some comedic value.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Spirit is TERRIBLE you want Intellect in those trinket slots. I would suggest Valor Trinket for a quick massive upgrade.
Haste - 6141 in Tiger Stance = 3rd tick which is def. necessary
Power Strikes is bad. Use Chi Brew as it gives you a full chi bar in the event that your chi is low during burst dmg. or 2 uplifts is not enough (4 uplifts in a row... Snipeomatic)
Make sure to use Celerity w/ Torpedo

Otherwise w/o logs I don't thin i can comment much more
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Glyph of surging mist is also bad being as you want to avoid that spell unless absolutely necessary even though it makes Chi... Change that w/ Renewing Mists Glyph which is FAR more beneficial. 3rd glyph slot is pretty optional although my only glyphs i would use are ZenMed/ScK movement speed along with my mana tea obv.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Glyph of surging mist is also bad being as you want to avoid that spell unless absolutely necessary even though it makes Chi... Change that w/ Renewing Mists Glyph which is FAR more beneficial. 3rd glyph slot is pretty optional although my only glyphs i would use are ZenMed/ScK movement speed along with my mana tea obv.

Surging glyph slots in quite nicely on fights where you do a fair bit of fistweaving as it turns the free+instant (from TP*5) into a smart heal. Considering how terrible and/or situational the rest of our glyphs are there's no reason not to have it. Mana tea+RM are 2 slots, 3rd slot is whichever you think works best on that fight; I generally go with surging or zen med.

edit: Ife doesn't have HLG (and he appears to not have the legendary meta), spirit isn't the worst thing in the world for him to gem/equip. Once he gets those he'll want to change it (or earlier if he never has mana problems).
Edited by Linnelle on 6/19/2013 8:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
06/19/2013 05:34 PMPosted by Zombiewu
Spirit is TERRIBLE

??? ?????? ??
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
?????????????????????????
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Thanks guys! I know I want Int trinkets, these just happened to drop while I was LFR as WW. I just pulled 52k HPS on Sha of Fear in LFR, so thank you for the help.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
06/19/2013 10:54 PMPosted by Mesorem
Spirit is TERRIBLE

??? ?????? ??

Monks really have no need for tons of spirit. I have around 7.5-8k spirit on my monk and am never oom (besides one bad pug toes run where they killed him 2 secs before enrage >.<).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]