I don't like this expansion because:

1 Draenei Mage
I have to do irellivant content to do relevant content, when in the past I could make a new character, and once i hit max level I can quickly hit ilvl the minimum ilvl's to do relevent content.

I hate being forced to stick around in irrelevant content to get to the good stuff. It's the worst thing about this expansion by far. I don't care how blizzard views what is relevant and what isn't, what I care about is the most current raiding tier, and if I have to spend longer than I Want on older content then I'm just either going to be pretty pissed off, or just flat out not play.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
So what I'm getting is "Boohoo. I have to put effort in on my alts to do relevant content." You realize it only takes about 4 days after cap to hit the 480 ilvl for ToT lfr right?

I already have 5 90s, and I've gotten 3 of them up past the 495 mark. It isn't that difficult. QQ some more, please.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
It isn't irrelevant if you are at the gear level to do it.

One of the bigger design mistakes Blizzard has made, in my opinion, is the fact that they nerf current expansion content whenever a new patch comes out. This trivializes their own designed content and has had the unfortunate side effect of everybody believing the newest content is the only content that has any relevance, rather than enjoying all the content that Blizzard has to offer in a given expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If it progresses your character, how is it irrelevant content?

Maybe you mean "not the latest patch content". I don't see why you would expect to go from fresh 90 straight into the latest patch though -- catchup progression is faster than when that content actually was current, but it's not *instant*, nor is it supposed to be.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
06/17/2013 12:23 PMPosted by Ohnoitspants
I have to do irellivant content to do relevant content, when in the past I could make a new character, and once i hit max level I can quickly hit ilvl the minimum ilvl's to do relevent content.

Uh huh, and how did you do that?

By doing "irrelevant content".
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I hit 90 on this toon early this morning and after doing that I played for about 5 hours and received 750 VP. I'm also ready to go for msv tonight after work as well. Sure I spent about 8k gold on 496 loot but its worth it if it reduces my grind.

I figure if I stick with it in a week or less I'll be ready for tot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Irrelevant relevant content of irrelevant nature of relevantly being a game makes relevant discoveries towards irrelevant endeavors that have complete relevancy.

Sorry, had to.
Reply Quote
36 Human Paladin
I'm with you on this rep situation, ugh.

I'm not sure how someone can earn a decent set of pve gear to start raiding now, I recently put together a feral honor set to tank in on my druid, my conq points are going to moonkin gear.

I don't think this belongs in the DD forums.

That being said, this hasn't been the best expansion for me either, but not for the fact that you have to actually put forth work in order to gear up for current content. It is the double gating of Justice and Valor gear behind reputations that you could only get rep with via boring monotonous dailies. I'd of much preferred getting gear via challenging well thought out 5 mans, and progression through the different tiers of raids until you reach the current one.

But this was not an option put forth and I've taken a stand to not do anymore dailies as I find them just out right boring. Thankfully they aren't as relevant as before, but it is still more efficient to waste time doing them than the bull!@#$ way to which blizzard gave to get the rep and gear via dungeons. (And I have absolutely terrible luck with LFR as even with the increased drop rates 90% of the time I get gold.)
Reply Quote
59 Goblin Death Knight
It isn't irrelevant if you are at the gear level to do it.

One of the bigger design mistakes Blizzard has made, in my opinion, is the fact that they nerf current expansion content whenever a new patch comes out. This trivializes their own designed content and has had the unfortunate side effect of everybody believing the newest content is the only content that has any relevance, rather than enjoying all the content that Blizzard has to offer in a given expansion.

I completely agree. I can understand why they wanted to step away from the BC design (I actually liked that design but w/e) to make content more accessible to people. But it just makes people think it's up to blizz to make the new content available to them with no work on there part. For anyone who played in BC, current progression is a joke in comparison. You can be geared for the new raid in a week with a little effort once you hit lvl cap. Without the need of a raid group that's working on progressing through earlier tiers.

Personally I miss the days where you actually had to work though progression and not just jump into the current raid in a week, skipping everything else. But I accept that there's no going back now. It's funny that they make us wait till lvl cap to use flying mounts so we can appreciate all the hard work they put in the game. But then rush us through the bulk of content (aka lvl 90 stuff) at lightning speed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm with you on this rep situation, ugh.

I'm not sure how someone can earn a decent set of pve gear to start raiding now, I recently put together a feral honor set to tank in on my druid, my conq points are going to moonkin gear.

I'm trying to think of a way to do it, however the method that I keep coming to that is similar to the TBC model would not be accepted well by many of the player base.

Grind dungeons for JP->honor. Pvp gear is better than anything outside of lfr.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]