5.4: The Siege of Orgrimmar

90 Night Elf Death Knight
How many of you were wondering how large the Siege was gonna be? Well, here's an answer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnKdRbvR9X8

Yes, from the Vale of Eternal Sorrow (again, why?!), to the gates of Orgrimmar, and then underground. That's right, we're entering Ragefire Chasm, but there's something else. Almost as if Hellfail built an entire city underneath Org. Complete with a badass throne. So... a lot of trash, eh?

Thoughts?
Edited by Anstyce on 6/18/2013 1:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Just watched....eh seems too big I'll just watch it
Edited by Keedorin on 6/18/2013 1:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So fails another attempt at being serious -_-
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
i'm watching
Reply Quote
It looks like we spend a worryingly short amount of time in Orgrimmar proper.
Reply Quote
It looks like we spend a worryingly short amount of time in Orgrimmar proper.

I would've expected it, though I wish I could've fought Garrosh in Grommash Hold instead of some underground throne room.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I'm hoping for us to use siege machines in this raid, to take on a boss. Just like in Ulduar it was very interesting and fun. I like the Alliance Starter quest in MoP, Where you take out most of the horde base using a Mechnocopter. I do hope we get something like that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I want to be on the front lines and see that potato-headed freak suffer like a dawg.
Reply Quote
I'm hoping for us to use siege machines in this raid, to take on a boss. Just like in Ulduar it was very interesting and fun. I like the Alliance Starter quest in MoP, Where you take out most of the horde base using a Mechnocopter. I do hope we get something like that.

Seems like there are a lot of opportunities for that to me, for the second quarter (Orgrimmar proper)

I want to be on the front lines and see that potato-headed freak suffer like a dawg.

We all will be.
Reply Quote
Tbh that wouldn't be fun... The room is too small and a lot of players have fought garrosh in his room for the alliance and horde defending him so it will be kinda boring and the old god can't fit in his room
Reply Quote
Tbh that wouldn't be fun... The room is too small and a lot of players have fought garrosh in his room for the alliance and horde defending him so it will be kinda boring and the old god can't fit in his room

Yeah, which is why they apparently gave him a huge underground throne.
Reply Quote
I would've expected it, though I wish I could've fought Garrosh in Grommash Hold instead of some underground throne room.

Yeah, Grommash Hold would have been really fitting, but I guess it's no dice. this whole thing is not shaping up to expectations for me. Blizzard has literally been hyping this raid since just after MoP was announced. Call me a curmudgeon but his does not impress. I know building an entire raid out of one city is difficult, but for the love of all that is holy don't put it up as some grandiose thing when it looks like we'll be spending 1/8th of the raid in the actual capital.
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 01:23 AMPosted by Malford

Yeah, Grommash Hold would have been really fitting, but I guess it's no dice. this whole thing is not shaping up to expectations for me. Blizzard has literally been hyping this raid since just after MoP was announced. Call me a curmudgeon but his does not impress. I know building an entire raid out of one city is difficult, but for the love of all that is holy don't put it up as some grandiose thing when it looks like we'll be spending 1/8th of the raid in the actual capital.

Yeah, doesn't seem like much of a Siege of Orgrimmar, although I'm waiting with baited breath for it. More like "Standard Underground City Fight but with Lava This Time, and It's Not Cata Reused, I Swear."
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I was wondering how this is going to work next expansion.

There is a huge city under Org now. Unless it is destroyed in the SoO, will players have access to it?
Reply Quote
58 Human Death Knight
Again I link this, in the vain hope that the Alliance shall actually get some development

(pre-raid events)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8891689114
Reply Quote
Unless it is destroyed in the SoO, will players have access to it?

Don't know, might end up like all the other massive things in the world.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Hmm not bad. Right now I am excited for the SoO
and I am excited for the Warrior only quest.

Can't wait to see if any other races get hinted model updates with the raid too :D

EDIT: I was still expecting to burst down the walls of Org running in and fighting throughout the city.
Edited by Furytime on 6/18/2013 1:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
After Seeing SoO Video, I went and check out the Tier 16 Mage and Warlock Tier Set, but man do they look drastically horrible. I hope they do not screw up the warrior T16, I expect it to have spikes :\.
Edited by Grufang on 6/18/2013 1:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah, doesn't seem like much of a Siege of Orgrimmar, although I'm waiting with baited breath for it. More like "Standard Underground City Fight but with Lava This Time, and It's Not Cata Reused, I Swear."

So I'm not the only one who thought the throne room area screams BoT/BWD
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 01:31 AMPosted by Ageha

So I'm not the only one who thought the throne room area screams BoT/BWD

TBF it looks awesome as hell, but some of it does seem more fit with Cata... maybe they could've had it built in the style of a Mogu palace?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]