Gear Req for haste build?

90 Dwarf Paladin
Hey guys,

So I just dinged 90 on this toon, and am looking to have him replace my DK at some point. That being said I'm wondering if there's a gear requirement for having a haste centric build that i've been reading so much about, because it doesn't seem to say so anywhere. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I had a much smarter friend run some numbers for me and the ilevel he came up with was 495ish. I'm starting to see now that once you get into the "haste" build, its more of a Haste >= Mastery kind of thing (after the whole Strength and Hit/Expertise Cap part)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The gear requirement for a haste build is having gear with haste on it.

Really I don't know what you're asking. Is there a specific point haste becomes better than the secondary stats? Immediately. Is there a point 2haste>1str? If you're full epic you're probably at it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Haste ­is more important than mastery for sure, Tank and DPS use a full Haste pattern.

You must have the hit, expertise cap first than go with Haste all the way.

Good luck
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There's no threshold of required gear; you can just use haste gear from the start.

(Psssst, Iltareh... I think it's a Prot question, not a Ret question ^.-)
Edited by Ravicana on 6/18/2013 9:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Yeah it was a prot question, sorry I didn't clarify.
Okay so that helps a lot. Granted I'm going to have my hands full getting hit/exp capped first, so this should be fun :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Just remember...that .01 or .02 chance you'll miss or get parried/dodged on a boss isn't worth perfecting the cap :D Just gotta get it in the ball park IMO...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just remember...that .01 or .02 chance you'll miss or get parried/dodged on a boss isn't worth perfecting the cap :D Just gotta get it in the ball park IMO...

Well, that depends on how much you'd be under vs. over. The stat weights for hit and expertise are significantly higher than other stats, which means wasting a few points over the cap is often preferable to being under the cap and getting a few extra points of haste.

And for a tank, reliability is especially valuable.
Edited by Ravicana on 6/18/2013 10:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]