So what happens to Rune of Reorigination 5.4

90 Human Monk
I am one of the bitter monks that do not have this trinket, and because of that my DPS is mediocre. I wish the blizzard devs could feel my frustration and anger about not having the RNG luck to have this drop.

But anyway, what the hell is going to be the future of this trinket? Mastery will always be our best secondary stat.. and the scaling of this trinket , well, is infinite

If left unchanged, this trinket be BiS for poor monks for the rest of the game? What are the plans for this thing?

And also, a big middle finger for balancing this class around having this stupid trinket.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Personally, I'm crossing my fingers for a nerf. Yeah - I get that people like the trinket, and that it is a sizable DPS buff. But we've had it for a raid tier now, and I am quite tired of it. I'd like to go back to playing my monk without the gimmicky trinket.

It'd also be nice to be able to upgrade my trinket slot next patch.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
It seems certain that RoR/UVLS will get nerfs. If not on the PTR than soon after, when Blizzard notices that people aren't using the new trinkets.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Would like to see RoR nerfed and monks/ferals buffed to make up for it, since monks at least are entirely reliant on it for decent performance (and have zero utility, making performance on the meters everything).
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Since RPPM decay (or any other ilvl based solution) that somehow modifies the proc rate is overly complicated, I believe the best solution is just putting a hard-cap on the total amount of "stat" that can be "Re-Originated".

Using a cap of say 40K secondary (which would be 10K for a single secondary in a 1:1:1 configuration), the Rune proc would stop scaling sometime next tier. It will still scale with haste, but at a much slower rate (1/3 since the 1:1:1 ratio needs to be maintained).

Additionally, since the ICD is 22 sec but the buff only lasts 10sec, the Rune has a maximum uptime of 45%.

Still, I don't think it's a big deal that the Rune is popular next tier, it's just a melee-Shard of Woe, except it's not even as good because we aren't exploding the meters, and still in the middle.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
Would like to see RoR nerfed and monks/ferals buffed to make up for it, since monks at least are entirely reliant on it for decent performance (and have zero utility, making performance on the meters everything).

this.
Having set bonuses/items prop up a spec is the worst design philosophy possible.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Yes, it will almost certainly be nerfed, since it scales so incredibly well.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Wont be nerfed until next expansion, like Earring of Soulful meditation, Void-Star talisman, Shard of Woe etc.

Trinkets have a habit of sticking around. As we level from 90-95 expect the proc to drop massively (like BLF/cunning/vial)

edit: it sucks having a spec so dependent on it, but without the trinket WW monk DPS would need to be completely reworked, DPS "rotation" without the trinket is extremely boring and repetitive, nothing is exciting about the spec except RoRO procs.
Edited by Meod on 6/18/2013 6:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Worgen Mage
Wont be nerfed until next expansion, like Earring of Soulful meditation, Void-Star talisman, Shard of Woe etc.

Trinkets have a habit of sticking around. As we level from 90-95 expect the proc to drop massively (like BLF/cunning/vial)

edit: it sucks having a spec so dependent on it, but without the trinket WW monk DPS would need to be completely reworked, DPS "rotation" without the trinket is extremely boring and repetitive, nothing is exciting about the spec except RoRO procs.

Shard of Woe was nerfed long before the end of Cata. Fairly certain it was nerfed in that same tier actually or at the very least in Firelands.

It was still good, just not wtfbbq good that it was when it was first released.

I expect a drastic nerf to it next patch.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Shard of Woe was nerfed long before the end of Cata. Fairly certain it was nerfed in that same tier actually or at the very least in Firelands.

I meant for Arcane mages, it was never nerfed for them. It was BiS all through firelands and competitive in H DS.

edit: Yep, 205 reduc for arcane from day 1, 405 for holy/nature. it was nerfed to bring the holy/nature down to 205.
Edited by Meod on 6/18/2013 8:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Worgen Mage
06/18/2013 08:52 PMPosted by Meod

I meant for Arcane mages, it was never nerfed for them. It was BiS all through firelands and competitive in H DS.

edit: Yep, 205 reduc for arcane from day 1, 405 for holy/nature. it was nerfed to bring the holy/nature down to 205.

It wasn't 205 from day 1.

The reduction from full mana savings to half for Arcane spells was in a hotfix on 2/14/2011. Bastion of Twilight was a release raid and Sinestra was possible the moment you killed all the heroic bosses.

Now if you want to make an argument that it was nerfed when more than just world first guilds were reachin her then you'd be more correct.

However to say it was day 1 would be completely false.

edit -

Link for proof.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2089109057?page=1#1
Edited by Jabawock on 6/18/2013 9:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Sorry that's correct, however, it was still BiS well into DS.

edit: Like I said, the trinket can't really be nerfed without some serious changes to Windwalker DPS, it's a generally dull spec with nothing interesting happening, imagine any DPS spec in the game with nerfed average DPS, then you get 1 CD that's a minor flat damage percent.

Expect this trinket to last until the next expansion.
Edited by Meod on 6/18/2013 9:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Heh. Maybe, maybe not. But if you expect it not to be nerfed, you're begging to be disappointed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
edit: Like I said, the trinket can't really be nerfed without some serious changes to Windwalker DPS, it's a generally dull spec with nothing interesting happening, imagine any DPS spec in the game with nerfed average DPS, then you get 1 CD that's a minor flat damage percent.

Expect this trinket to last until the next expansion.

Generally dull? It's one of the faster-paced melee DPS specs in the game. While RoRo added an extra element to the rotation, the spec is hardly dull without it, what with 1 sec GCDs and haste stacking.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
It's the exact same thing for 5-16 minutes, depending on the length of the fight. You have a magic single button to push when AoEing.

RSK and Chi wave on CD, keep 1 buff up and dump chi into BoK. What's fun about doing that forever?

It's extremely bland, play a combat rogue without killing spree or adrenaline rush, see how fun that is.
Edited by Facehurt on 6/19/2013 1:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
They would have to totally destroy the trinket for us not to use it.. like a 2min+ ICD would really be the only way I'd not use it.. Even if it only granted 50% of its current effect it would still be used by every WW that could get it..

So I have to suspect it'll just stay as it is and take a hit next expansion.

And yes the rotation is supremely boring even with the proc.. since all you do is well practically nothing but pool resources till the proc is almost over and then go to town for the next 15s doing the same thing you were doing before the proc except the numbers are quite a bit higher. Makes you smile when you see a 7 digit crit tho lol
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
Not nerfing it would also create a really frustrating issue for ferals and WW who don't have it next tier constantly begging their raid to go back do lei shen for their trinket and/or doing pugs which will almost certainly be half druids and monks trying to get that trinket.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Which isn't something new at all, we would go back and clear raids for months on end to get more legendaries in the raid.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Death Knight
It will get nerfed at some point, just like Unerring Vision. Something like these trinkets, which scale indefinitely with any gear and any level, have to be placed at some static value eventually.

They did it to Dragonwrath as DS was released because it was looking to be BiS for a long time.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
06/18/2013 05:59 PMPosted by Yalu

this.
Having set bonuses/items prop up a spec is the worst design philosophy possible.

You make it sound like it's never happened before... *cough* DragonspineTrophyFeral2pcT4GrimTollRet2pcT10DeathbringersWillHunter2pcT13 *cough*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]