Possible to Solo Black Temple?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Is it possible to solo BT as a prot pally? Any notes I need on boss fights or is it just tank and spank for a majority of the run?
Edited by Fatheroflies on 6/17/2013 7:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
As Prot, maybe. You may not have enough damage to clear some quickly enough, though. I haven't been in awhile, but Reliquary would likely be a problem as Prot - that one still hurts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So bring DPS is what you're saying? I'm fine with that.

Which are the tougher fights? It's been a long time since I've been to BT.
Edited by Fatheroflies on 6/17/2013 8:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Reliquary is the only one I recall being difficult, but I haven't been in to BT in many months. As Ret, with last tier's LFR gear, it was doable solo, though.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
BT is easy to solo now. The only fight that's remotely difficult is Council, since Reliquary was basically nerfed to the ground.

Of course you may want to gear up a bit before you try it.
Edited by Keten on 6/17/2013 9:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It was one of my first solo's, when I didn't even know it was hard. Shocked my son in law that I did it ,he couldn't on his Prot Warrior.So Ret is probably best. You can do it ! Just don't be surprized if you ,like me ,will forever have that cool Glaive sitting in your bank unable to be used ,lol.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm just going for the shield. I raided BC back in the day with a top guild right after they nerfed it and needed people to join them. I never saw the Bulwark drop in the time I spent with them, and they never had a Glaive drop in the 9 months they raided it. With my luck though I'll get my Bulwark and be done. It's my favorite shield in the game. I'm also farming BWL for t2, my favorite armor in the game. I'm in the gear I'm in because I literally dinged 90, did two heroics, bought some gear, and then started a rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Well, I first did it as Ret at 475-480-ish, so I dunno how difficult it would be at your gear level. I soloed all of it on my monk at 89, though, so it's definitely doable with poor gear.

Bloodboil is really difficult if you can't burst him down. Eventually the DoT will stack too high to heal through. Try and deal as much damage to him as possible.

During phase 2 of Reliquary all damage you deal is reflected back to you, so take it slow and heal yourself as needed. You get healed back to full during the next transition so don't worry if you end phase 2 at low health.

Make sure you interrupt the healer's AoE heal (Circle or Prayer of Healing, I think) on Illidari Council and move out of Blizzard/Flamestrike.

When Illidan throws down his Warglaives, move to the middle of the circle and tank the elementals that are summoned so that one is in front of you and one is behind you. That way they won't move so far away from the Warglaives that they enrage.

Everything else is pretty easy. Good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
got the shield to drop last night when i finally decided to go start farming glaives (of course on my toon that cant use shields lol). All in all BT was easier than TK or Sunwell, i didnt wipe once in my dps spec, and doubt id hit enrage timers even in my tank spec.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Is it possible to solo BT as a prot pally? Any notes I need on boss fights or is it just tank and spank for a majority of the run?

Its possible to solo this a holy paladin. The only hard one was the desire boss, I went ret for her.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/17/2013 09:49 AMPosted by Ceresc

Its possible to solo this a holy paladin. The only hard one was the desire boss, I went ret for her.

I've noticed my single damage DPS is better on holy, but my AOE DPS is better on prot, overall.

I've soloed the place several times as HPal, but never tried it as Prot. A couple fights would definitely be interesting.

Kinda like Tempest Keep, I'm not sure I'm ready to tack that yet as prot, though I've got it on farm as Holy.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Kinda like Tempest Keep, I'm not sure I'm ready to tack that yet as prot, though I've got it on farm as Holy.

What about TK worries you?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Probably do it as ret. That one boss that puts a debuff that kills you after X amount of time might be a issue as prot. On my mage the incoming damage isn't really an issue.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I cleared BT solo yesterday on my DK in PvP gear as frost, only boss I had trouble with was RoS and after I switched to blood it was a cake walk.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
06/17/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Keten

I 've been doing TK (only KT) on my frost DK for several weeks now in PvP gear and KT is not hard at all...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Bubble will remove the bloodboil dots.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's a complete joke to solo BT as ret. There is only one fight that you will even have to think about, and that's RoS. Save your burst for P2. You may need to bubble, but that's about it. Once you push through P2 it's all downhill. Everything else will put you to sleep. I have been soloing BT since cataclysm (though I did use my second account for first boss that has since been nerfed).

TK was also soloable in cataclysm as ret, but we tended to use a few tricks, such as spreading out the adds all over the instance so that you could then fight them one at a time once they are all active at once. The hard part was properly using the shield and cd management. I struggled with it quite a bit, and usually just went the easy route and brought another person or two along. Now it's completely trivial to solo.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I can solo this on my rogue. The only tough fights are Reliquary, Bloodboil and Council, and I figured out those pretty quickly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/17/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Keten

Final fight, I have to bubble then burn the mob that fears. I don't have the same single target DPS on prot as Holy. On holy, after the fear mob is down, the fight is cake. On prot, I don't know that I can get him down while i'm bubbled.

It's the CC more than anything. It's not that the fight is complex. It's just "cumbersome."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/17/2013 12:53 PMPosted by Vaalaa

I 've been doing TK (only KT) on my frost DK for several weeks now in PvP gear and KT is not hard at all...

Frost DK has a heck of a lot more DPS than a prot pally (especially one that isn't getting hit).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]