Elemental Blast needs lower CD (enh only)

Only way I'd take it. The fact I can't use it on every Maelstrom weapon proc prevents me from getting it.

Lower the damage on Elemental Blast in any way just to make this change would also prevent me from getting it. As well as nerfing anything about enhancement shaman just to get EB with no cooldown.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
So you just want to be able to swap out lightning bolt for elemental blast entirely? That just makes elemental blast into a passive talent, more or less.

Enhancement already has an essentially passive choice through unleashed fury. Primal elementalist is also basically passive. At least one of the talents should alter playstyle in some fashion.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
How low do you want the CD to be? I highly doubt Enhancement would get away with 100% uptime on the EB buff.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Instead of this, keep its current cooldown and make it instant for enhance only. Avoids the problem of being a hardcast priority (imo, no melee should have a hardcast that roots them to the ground) while retaining the current damage and the like. Also would make it play nicer with maelstrom weapon (not eating charges)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Instead of this, keep its current cooldown and make it instant for enhance only. Avoids the problem of being a hardcast priority (imo, no melee should have a hardcast that roots them to the ground) while retaining the current damage and the like. Also would make it play nicer with maelstrom weapon (not eating charges)

The reason it's designed to root you and be a hardcast priority, is to reflect the hardcast playstyle of T12 enhancement that some people came to enjoy when we were forced to hardcast lava burst on CD.

Honestly, it's there to be juggled with LB, that's the entire design intent behind elemental blast, it's not suppose to be replacing LB but adding a new factor into your rotation. I know it could use the stormstrike debuff hotfix now though to be on par/ahead of PE builds to reward the extra complication to the playstyle but it's still good on some fights or even better than PE(ex:Horridon)

I do wish it were castable while moving since melee move now more than ever in raids but honestly there are UF and PE as options for swapping on heavy movement fights.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]