Warlock or mage

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I can't decide.. I don't know anything about them but I want to make one..

Which deals more dps?
I'm a pvp person.. Keep that in mind please.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Put it in the pvp section then :D?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Put it in the pvp section then :D?

Sorry blondes are dumb.
:D?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Sorry blondes are dumb.
:D?

:D
Warlocks are taking a heavy hit in pvp right now with KJC. For BG's, 3's, and 5's they might be fine.
Mages are meh in pvp, poly is nice.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
"Which deals more dps?"

Just roll one, then the other if you get bored. Both class are fun to play and leaves you the ability to multi task because of snares and fears.

Class OP'ness is cyclical. All class dominate eventually, and others are taken down.
Edited by Tick on 6/18/2013 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
Warlocks have 3 distinct playstyles. They're much more survivable and do much more dps than mages, especially in pvp.

That said, the next patch looks like it's going to contain warlock nerfs. It remains to be seen whether the current balance will still hold true in 3 months.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Warlocks are getting hit pretty hard in 5.4, both QoL nerfs and a damage reduction nerf but in exchange affliction DoTs and haunt is getting a small buff, so affliction at least might still be viable with very specific comps, but don't count on destro and demo being viable at high rating.

If you plan on doing any PvE content, mages are (in my opinion, especially since MoP hit) are extremely boring to play. I've fallen asleep playing a mage before, but I guess that could be said for a lot of other DPS classes as well. DPSing bores me to death lol.

Anyway, in PvP frost mages can be easy to get started but to be any good you o have to be a good player, despite how many people will scream and cry "Mage's are OP", "Mages take no skill," blah blah blah. If you want to play a mage at high ratings you are likely going to be the backbone of the team and if you fail your team loses. Mages are important for CC and on demand burst and are really squishy when focused if you don't have iceblock up.

If I had to choose right now though, knowing that 5.4 is coming up I'd roll a mage. Despite it being kind of boring in PvE, I still love the mage class in PvP and I find it pretty fun (well fire anyway). Plus, portals.
Reply Quote
36 Human Paladin
Mages are meh in pvp

This is not true at all.

Mages still have competent controlled burst, great mobility, great cc, great anti-cc.

They still have some mechanics that are really stupid, but for the first time in a couple of years they are tuned to a point where they have some semblance of balance.

Mages still out represent warlocks across the board on the arena ladders.

Both classes still have strengths and weaknesses. One weakness warlocks have is not being a good partner with a Disc priest which are historically very strong in arena.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Mage
Go warlock. They get the following:

- HP cookies(raid utility)
- Summon stone(utility?)
- Waygate(raid utility)
- Spell power buff(Raid utility)
- They can burst into green flames
- Summon a warsteed from hell
- They can use pets & also to tank
- They can self teleport
- Are getting nerfed but will still top damage in both PvE or PvP.

Did I miss anything?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Mage
Oh yeah they also get the sickest design team in terms of gear & class.
Reply Quote
Oh yeah they also get the sickest design team in terms of gear & class.

Yeah, back in TBC time we all rode single file to hide our numbers! *laughs*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]