Shaman Healing is fine but just gets sniped

90 Goblin Shaman
Fist, Make them stop. They hurt my brain :(

"Never give up! Never surrender!"

(I so need to somehow macro that to reincarnation.)
Edited by Jujubiju on 6/21/2013 9:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/21/2013 09:09 AMPosted by Jujubiju
Fist, Make them stop. They hurt my brain :(

"Never give up! Never surrender!"

(I so need to somehow macro that to reincarnation.)

"Tarnation to second place!"
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
l2p issue.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
06/21/2013 09:54 AMPosted by Kreyyn
l2p issue.

you're ele like 10 out of 13 fights, have you healed all these in the past?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It is true, Shaman and other non-shield classes get sniped. Still, I think they need to adjust shaman spells so that they don't require as much stacking to be effective.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Oh hey, this thread again.

Not every class has a green laser of HPS doom that never stops :-(
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Holy priests don't have many absorbs/HoTs, yet they don't seem to be having the same issues that Resto shammies do...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Holy priests don't have many absorbs/HoTs, yet they don't seem to be having the same issues that Resto shammies do...

That's because it's not just absorbs sniping our heals. Other classes have instant ways to heal multiple players at once. CoH/Uplift/LoD/WG are all instant. Chain Heal is pitiful in comparison. It requires a target with riptide on them, there are usually a max of 2 players with riptide on them at once. So pick one of those two targets, hopefully they are clustered with players who need healing as well. Cause if they're not, you're screwed. Then let's assume they are clustered. You have to wait out a 2.5 second cast. Hopefully your cohealer is asleep and forgets to cast CoH/Uplift/LoD/WG during that 2.5 seconds. Cause if they are, you may get to heal some people.

Also, Holy Priests have a spammable hot that actually heals for a decent amount and their entire mastery causes hots from everything they do. So they actually have a lot of hots going on.
Edited by Luvbacon on 6/21/2013 2:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
l2p issue.

Clearly gemmed for Elemental main spec but somehow is the authority on Resto issues.
Reply Quote
We *are* capable of pumping comparable raw output. The problem is that raw output doesn't really matter if you don't have the methods to allocate it efficiently. Healing Rain is the biggest culprit, doing the bulk of our Healing (usually on the 25-30% range in some instances) while still having a huge overhealing ammount. If a fight does not favor Healing Rain, our output plummets because the rest of our toolkit can not delivery healing very effectively due to mechanics.

Something I'd like is for them to create a new ability that shares CD with HR but is more effective for spread and movement, while HR still pushes ahead of it by a small margin during stacked healing. That way we would not feel as gimped when an encounter does not favor Healing Rain, such as Primordius or Dark Animus.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
l2p issue.

you're ele like 10 out of 13 fights, have you healed all these in the past?

Only fight I was ele on for progression was durumu.

06/21/2013 02:41 PMPosted by Luvbacon
l2p issue.

Clearly gemmed for Elemental main spec but somehow is the authority on Resto issues.

Ele is my off spec. Notice how not much at all is upgraded?
Edited by Kreyyn on 6/21/2013 7:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Silly Kreyyn, don't you know? If you log off as Ele, you're ALWAYS Ele!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Hi, the simple answer is this:

If everyone's health bar is staying full the entire fight and a shaman or whatever class cannot get any heals in ... YOU ARE USING TOO MANY HEALERS.

I raid with a disc priest, hpally, rshaman and i've seen this over and over. On some heroic fights when I 2 heal with him he's almost always doing 100k hps when i'm doing 80 or 90. Shamans dont have ANY problem healing.

We aren't super geared or super progression. Just 4/12 Heroic now, but I can tell you for sure that a shaman that knows what's up can do very well in a fight where there isn't overkill on the number of healers.

If you are using 3 healers on a 2 healer fight (10 man), someone is going to be standing around doing nothing. Our disc priest has shadow spec and swaps for some fights. Some fights are 3 healed and the 3 of us come out very close most of the time. A few fights the disc and shaman 2 heal it and it works out better.

Everything for healers is tuned for heroics, since it has to be to keep them from being stupid easy, so trying to judge things based on easy content with too many healers isn't going to work.

If you are using 3 healers and one is healing under 50k hps, try swapping to 2 healers and you will notice suddenly that resto shamans have huge heals and tremendous utility. Not only that, but the extra dps will get the boss down quicker.

Just my 2 cp...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Shamans dont have ANY problem healing.

This is the only sentence in your post that I disagreed with. We have a very weak spread toolkit, and a mediocre mobility toolkit. Even if the group is only running with two healers, Shaman tend to lose throughput on spread and mobility encounters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]