5.3 Frost Mage BiS

90 Gnome Mage
I have been looking around and never found a website that gave a true BiS.

This is what I found.

weapon: Venomlord's totemic Wand unless you have plenty of hit then Suen-Wo, Spire of the falling Sun

head: Tier head
neck: Megera's Shiny eye
Shoulder:Tier shoulder
Chest:Robe of Midnight dawn
bracers: Bracers of the fragile bone
Cloak: (excluding ilvl600 one) Deadly Glare Cape
hands:Tiers
Belt: Cord of cacophonous
Legs: Tier
feet: Dam'ren's Frozen footguards
ring1: ro'shak's remembrance
ring2: Signet of shadow-pan assult
Trinket1: Wushoolay's Final Choice
Trinket2:Breath of the Hydra

Let me know what you think and what I am wrong with
Edited by Magedown on 6/14/2013 8:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
i feel as if the Volatile Talisman of the Shadow-Pan Assault would be a better trinket for a mage than the Breath of the Hydra
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
i feel as if the Volatile Talisman of the Shadow-Pan Assault would be a better trinket for a mage than the Breath of the Hydra

No it isn't, and don't necro threads
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
There is a trash drop hit/haste with red socket neck that would be BiS, and the valor neck is arguably better than the crit neck off megaera, as it is pretty easy to get to 23% crit and then mastery becomes a more valuable stat. If you get lucky, there are bracers with random stats off megaera; I got a pair where the only secondary stat is haste, so it is basically doubled (858 after upgrading). And yeah, the volatile talisman is meh, but if you use frozen orb instead of a DoT, get the trinket off Dark Animus. In terms of mainhand or offhand, my normal mainhand and offhand are better than even the thunderforged staff off Horridon or Twins. As a gnome with the expertise (=hit) racial bonus for daggers and swords, you want the dagger off animus rather than the wand. I have DE'd that thunderforged staff from Suen twice, lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]