Can 2 holy paladins on a 10 man roster work?

90 Draenei Paladin
Just wondering as I am thinking about going over with another team with friends that already has a holy paladin and a disc priest. I heard of 2 disc priests together being a massive fail, is it the same case for holy paladins? I usually healed with a disc priest or a disc priest and resto druid.

How badly gimped could the team be?
Reply Quote
Any 3 healers will work in 10m. It wouldn't be the *best* option, but it won't matter in the end.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
As far as I know the only reason 2 Disc priests is hard to work with is because of weakened soul causing them to fight over shielding the tanks and it effects their regen via Rapture. 2 holy pallies won't have that issue so I don't see any reason it wouldn't work.

Edited for spelling
Edited by Trolljin on 6/15/2013 3:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
One problem will be the gear overlap holding your ilvl back a bit. Other than that... 2 Pallies 1 Disc should be pretty great tbh.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
While they don't have anything that makes it bad per say, you're not using each raid spot to the max which I think you should aim for in a 10man. But that all depends on how focused on progression you are, if you are just playing around with friends it certainly works fine.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I've done that, and my experience was that AoE healing was pretty lackluster. To be fair though with 3 healers that is usually far less of an issue.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Works just as well as 10 druids in a 10man raid.

Doable. If optimization doesn't matter too much, rock out whatever you want.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
As far as I know the only reason 2 Disc priests is hard to work with is because of weakened soul causing them to fight over shielding the tanks and it effects their regen via Rapture. 2 holy pallies won't have that issue so I don't see any reason it wouldn't work.

Edited for spelling

We did raids with 2 disc priests and it was never an issue, we each chose a tank for the most part :P

As others said, it's doable but not ideal when it comes to gear. Nor do you really need 3 healers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They don't "compliment" each other the way two different classes will. Strengths aren't reinforced, weaknesses aren't overcome. Will it work? Sure. Is it optimal? No.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They don't "compliment" each other the way two different classes will. Strengths aren't reinforced, weaknesses aren't overcome. Will it work? Sure. Is it optimal? No.

Basically this. If you are just looking to raid with friends and aren't worried about progression, then you should be okay. It isn't a strong composition but it can work.

If you are looking to progress, then you have to keep in mind what you might be passing up to fill that spot with another paladin. At worst, you are losing a really useful raid utility and some defined burst healing. You also have to consider that more than likely, its going to be one of the paladins that go melee during 2 heal fights, which is another "meh" situation.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If one hpal is OP, why not two? :P
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
YOUR HEALING COMP DOES NOT MATTER AS LONG AS YOUR HEALERS KNOW WHAT THE F--- TO DO. Pair me with another druid and I can still heal anything, will it be as easy or effective as pairing me with a hpally? no, but, it's still doable to extents and circumstances

but no really, you should take mechanics into circumstances as an overall and see what fits best

I highly recommend:

Hpally / Druid / Monk

Shaman/ Priest / Druid
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
For normal modes you can run with almost any comp especially with ilvls and how far everything has been nerfed. Maybe for progression content or like if your pushing 8+ heroics you might have trouble with double pal but once again you have so much dps with illvls all heroics are 3 healable just making 2 pallies perfectly viable. and as far as 2 discs being bad its not just weakened soul its the lackluster cd's and inability to "lift the raid" because they can't crit but once again 3 heal with 2 discs is super strong (ex. dream paragon)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
If one hpal is OP, why not two? :P

Because we're not op?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You'd probably want lots of DPS with off-spec heals, like priests/shamans/druids.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I think it really depends on the intensity of progression and style of play you are looking to achieve with your friend in this guild. I have, at different points in time, raided with compositions of two druids, two pallys (actually some of my favorite healing experiences), and two priests in 10 mans during WoTLK, Cata, and MoP, and these comps work just fine for working though content, even during progression. However, at the points in the game that I have worked to actively progress the most current content as efficiently and quickly as possible in a more "hardcore" style guild I have run with a pally-druid with a shaman when needed composition. In short, a 2 pally comp works just fine, but it might not be as effective or as efficient as other 10 man healing compositions. It shouldn't hold you back to the point of being unable to have fun with your friend. Have fun fighting over all that wonderful plate healing gear that always drops when running without a pally.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]