Resto Druid mushroom placement

90 Troll Druid
I don't mind the mushrooms having to be placed on a person but it really limits high level/advanced game play. I think it would be really cool to see the old method of shroom placement turn into a minor glyph. I enjoy manually placing mushrooms for some fights but for others I wish I could auto place them. What do you guys think?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The change to Wild Mushroom placement in 5.4 is not a necessary one. Every other healer has a heal they can place on the ground with a targeting reticle (Healing Rain, Light's Hammer, Holy Word: Sanctuary, Healing Sphere).

Keeping Wild Mushroom placement the way it is currently on PTR would only be a quality of life change, our healing would not suffer. We just need to use clever macros at the moment with how borked the targeting is if you are targeting an enemy (bug?). At the moment this is the macro I am forced to use. (the shift modifier is just how i roll)
#showtooltip
/target mouseover
/cast [mod:shift] Wild Mushroom: Bloom; Wild Mushroom
/targetlasttarget

You can kind of pull off casting it like you would on live, but you will most likely end up trying to place it in melee, mousing over the boss, and just losing your target and have nothing happen. It blows. You just have to cast it off your raid frames and hope the person you cast off is standing where you want them to be.

Also, having Glyph of Efflorescence now makes this even more of an issue. Imagine if the other healers had to target their healing spells I listed above off of people(except monk orbs I guess). That would not be very fun now would it.

I am ok with the change to limiting the amount of mushrooms down to one, but limiting where we can place it makes absolutely zero sense to me.

TL;DR I agree that there should be a minor glyph to allow Wild Mushroom to be placed like it currently is on live.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I shouldn't have to macro targeting into my macros to get my mouseovers to work. No other spell in my arsenal doesn't worth with /cast [target=mouseover, help] spell. None.

ONE mushroom, placed the way it is on live, would have sufficed.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The coordination involved with placing the mushroom on an individual, then that individual responding accordingly is a logistical nightmare. Revert the mushrooms, or introduce a glyph to allow them to be placed on the floor.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Agreed with the main points in this thread. I can survive with only getting one mushroom instead of three(although I MUCH prefer having three), but making it player based targeting instead of ground based is an awful change that severely limits the amount of flexibility the spell has. Please revert this change or give us an option to use ground based targeting through a glyph of some sort(preferably a minor glyph).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
I myself, being a top level druid healer in the guild Paragon very much like the change to healing. My name is DEvhi and I like the target of target the mushrooms. I have also talked to many other top druids such at sparkuggz and blatty and cocobatters and they all agree that the target of target of mushroom's target is better than the redicle. thank you for your time
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Thanks for trying to derail. It would be nice to hear from some more druids on this topic. :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Yea i would also agree it blows because you can't Pre plant it without having a player on the direct spot you want it in...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yea i would also agree it blows because you can't Pre plant it without having a player on the direct spot you want it in...

There isn't an issue with being able to pre plant our mushroom anymore since we can move it without losing the overheal stack. It's just inconvenient needing to rely on someone being in the perfect position(and figuring out who it is) for ideal mushroom healing.
Edited by Lifeform on 6/18/2013 1:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
There are all sorts of nice tricks with ground target, such as using it as a Wild Charge target or optimizing positioning, especially on encounters where you're spread out in stacks where you can hit multiple if you place the shrooms between them but not on top of one. Forcing it onto a player really lowers the skill threshold and makes it far more generic.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
A minor glyph solution (to revert to a reticule) would definitely make the most sense. There are definitely situations where targeting a specific player would be helpful, but removing the flexibility of precisely placing the mushroom seems counterproductive.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think introducing a glyph to switch between a single mushroom targeted on a player and three mushrooms with a reticule might address it?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
For people complaining about placing it in a precise spot, apparently you never heard of placing it on yourself. 80% of the time I do it already with swiftmend.

I hate the shroom change anyhow, but the placement (clunky as it is on ptr, laggy UI) should be the least of our concerns. I'd be complaining about crit, mastery and naturalist removal.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Lets set the scene, you are spread out, you want to cast mushroom to heal people.
As it is on PTR, you place it on someone, it heals them but no on else can be close to benefit (for whatever mechanic the boss has you want to stay spread for).
If we had a reticule, it could be placed between people, and heal 2-3 players.

Preplanting isn't an issue as you can move it now, but I don't want to waste globals moving the damn thing because I couldn't get it where I wanted casting it on the hunter who won't stand still.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
For people complaining about placing it in a precise spot, apparently you never heard of placing it on yourself. 80% of the time I do it already with swiftmend.

I hate the shroom change anyhow, but the placement (clunky as it is on ptr, laggy UI) should be the least of our concerns. I'd be complaining about crit, mastery and naturalist removal.

Assuming that the glyph of efflorescence goes live it will make up (throughput wise) for the nerfed burst of mushrooms. And exactly as Boochicken pointed out, in the current build of 5.4 ptr if there are "spread out or you will wipe the raid" mechanics in SoO the new form of mushroom placement will be god awful.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Crit, Mastery, and Naturalist haven't been removed from it; they just now only affect it once instead of twice. (Mushrooms were charging up faster because Rejuvenation's Mastery, Crit, and Naturalist portions were being applied to the charge-up, and then those same effects were being applied to the Bloom portion.) That change, I think, was needed.

Whether it was implemented properly, I don't know - would you rather it charge glacially slow, but the Bloom still benefit from Naturalist and Mastery? I'm okay with it either way tbh. Granted, the base heal portion of the 'shrooms now does not benefit from Crit whatsoever (and I need to do more testing to see if it still benefits from Mastery/Naturalist), and that is a small nerf to the total healing throughput, but they are still very strong.

The nerf is more that it will charge more slowly, meaning that you may be Blooming it before it is charged more often, but frankly with how strong it is I am pretty sure that most of the "nerf" is coming off the overheal portion. I'm estimating a 30% increase in charge time, but I think that they'll still be well worth exploding before they are fully charged, just as they are now on Live.

I absolutely am not a fan of the targeting change, though. I'm sure the mouseover issue is a bug, and when that's fixed it'll feel a little smoother, but I do think that it is going to be annoying having to target a player to drop them. While, yes, I can use myself as the mushroom anchor, there are simply some situations where I cannot be in the position I want my shroom to be in, and then I am subject to the whims of my raid as to whether I can get it to the spot I want it. It feels like the common Beta complaints of "why can't it be on a player so it moves with the raid!" were misunderstood, resulting in this worst-of-both-worlds targeting option.

But maybe it'll grow on me. You know, like a fungus. XD
Edited by Dayani on 6/19/2013 2:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I would like to see Mushrooms revert to a reticule, it just makes more sense for the type of spell.

On live to make sure our efflorescence is placed perfect we have to cast it on ourselves or rely on another raider to be aware of their position. Now that efflorescence can be separated from swiftmend it would be great to use the reticule targeting otherwise we'll be in the same spot of cast it on ourselves just for easy positioning, which can't always been done due to spreading requirements.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
In my opinion the targeting change on PTR will greatly reduce the flexibility of our Mushroom. The ability to place it without relying on someone being right where you need it is valuable. As it is now on PTR it seems a lot more problematic than the current method on Live.

As stated previously by others, perhaps a minor glyph allowing the druid to choose the player target or ground placement method would be a good idea.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The player targeting or single mushroom reticule will be much more player friendly then it is at the moment.

When we had three mushrooms, the targeting reticule was a problem in that it required 3 globals away from your raid frames and a general clue of where most of the raid will be when you needed to detonate the shrooms as stacking the shrooms without the entire raid stacked resulted in fairly large overheals.

With one mushroom, the reticule would be convenient for placement of efflorescence in order for the ability to operate in similarity to healing rain (resto shaman), holy word: sanctuary (holy priest), light's hammer (holy paladin), and to some extent power word: barrier (disc priest) where placement of a ground effect that would last longer than 1 second. The reticule placement was an issue in 5.3 and prior because in contrast to the spells mentioned above the spell required a good sense of timing else the spike in healing would have been wasted. The proposde glyph, providing a heal over time component allows for players of various skill levels to appreciate the skill.

If technical limitations prevent alternating between reticule and player targeting I would err in favor of player targeting. In that it would require less change from the player base (melee were often targeted for swiftmend / efflos and a shroom / efflo would not require a significant playstyle change) and short of highly coordinated raid strategies (that very few resto druids will see) pre placement of shrooms is difficult and often a gambit. Along those lines, the disappointment of seeing shrooms placed and being ineffective because someone else decided to place a negative ground effect (cinders, thunder, etc) near your shroom is a problem with the current reticule model or if the tank was unfamiliar with the operation or position of your shroom and melee away from the shroom.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]