Blizzard, let us transfer off for free....

90 Blood Elf Paladin
So, I like this game, it is fun. However it is not fun waiting in queue to play because everyone and their mother transfered over to area 52. I go to the extent of trying to time my log in roughly 30 minute before if I can, only to find out I have been disconnected from the server.

If balancing realms in important, please allow free transfers off realms like area 52 that have 1000+ queues at night, it is a win/win. The people that hate the queue times get to long on whenever they want on their new server, and the people still on area 52 get shorter wait times when the realm is full.

I am paying you, I should be able to play the game when I want....
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
i believe that transferring to a lesser populated server is free
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
i believe that transferring to a lesser populated server is free

Partially true.

Go into your Blizzard account and click on WoW, then scroll down and make sure Character Services is selected. In the middle there's an option for Free Character Migration.

However, when I did this just now, it said none of the characters on my account are eligible for it - not even my lvl 90 on Area 52.

More info
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/character-migration-disclaimers-and-faq

Based on the FAQ I pasted below, it seems like it's only a matter of time until they offer it to Area 52 players.

How do you decide what realms are eligible for Free Character Migrations?
If the size of a realm's population results in login queues and decreased performance, we conduct an evaluation to determine whether dispersing some of the population to other realms would represent the best means for resolving these issues. If so, we offer Free Character Migrations.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks for the info, I checked it out and none of my guys are eligible either. You would think something would be offered soon =/
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Mage
Blizzard really needs to address this since they only made the problem worse having 1/2 price character transfers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Blizzard really needs to address this since they only made the problem worse having 1/2 price character transfers.

They gave us 50% off to milk all the cash they could before annoucing virtual realms which will pair lower pop realms together or with larger ones to make those on said realms able to access things that require people easier.

pretty good business plan imo.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I've been on Area 52 since it opened in 2007. It's an awful server now, to the point where I dread logging on even when there isn't a queue. It's overpopulated to the extreme and the faction imbalance just makes it worse. Current content is unplayable unless it's instanced, due to extreme overpopulation making things like respawn rates go nuts.

I've unsubbed until free transfers off of this cesspool are offered. My sub expires on 7/5, playing alliance toons on Bloodhoof until then so the time doesn't go to waste.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
With any luck, the Virtual Realms feature will come with 5.4, making lower pop realms more desirable.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
This is getting out of hand. I mean I don't mind waiting 5-10 mins at this time of the day, but 30 + min is just ridiculous.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
This is getting out of hand. I mean I don't mind waiting 5-10 mins at this time of the day, but 30 + min is just ridiculous.

Yeah, having to log on almost an hour before raid time is ridiculous, especially considering that I am sometimes unable to do so because of work.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Free or not, I've been debating this for the past few weeks. I returned to WoW not too long ago upon making this character; and the Q to login when I get off work at around 8:30PM EST these few weeks has made me not even want to log in.

Either going to transfer off; or just quit. Other games out there that are grabbing my attention as is, and this game is so terribly easy now that a monkey can play it.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Yeah, this is crazy. I've been waiting for an hour to log in right now. I'm gonna have to start logging in at 7:00 to be ready for an 8:30 raid and that is just ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
The queue times are obscene right now. It's increasingly difficult to plan rbg's when so many people can't log on due to the queue times. Blizz - please don't let anyone else transfer to this server and offer free transfers off. It is taking too many people an hour + to log on.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
1600 in the q... over an hr and a half wait... allow free xfers off and lock this server!!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I love this response from sending a ticket in

Howdy ,

I'm Bo**** and I will be tackling this ticket for you, today.

Thank you for submitting this information. We are committed to making our games as enjoyable as possible. We apologize if our Customer Support staff has been unable to resolve your issue to your satisfaction. Rest assured, your concerns will be forwarded to the appropriate departments. While we cannot guarantee a response, we can assure you it will be read and addressed.
Reply Quote
95 Undead Warlock
1600 in the q... over an hr and a half wait... allow free xfers off and lock this server!!

I like your name. Dresden Files reference? :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
06/18/2013 07:28 PMPosted by Zevalin

I like your name. Dresden Files reference? :)

Yep
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]