PVP gear is useless

(Locked)

90 Tauren Warrior
As I stated when 5.3 came out, PVP gear is 100% pointless. Best raid gear wins. Resil built-in, PVP power negated by sheer stats on top raid gear, the game is about raiding for all reasons. FACT!
Edited by Hehatemee on 6/17/2013 10:58 PM PDT
100 Orc Warrior
I wouldn't say pvp gear is completely useless......I hate the new changes don't get me wrong.

What pisses me off is Druid and Blood DK using their tank gear to PVP were already a pain in the !@# to kill, now they get a free 65% Resil Buff....

and I don't care how much people say Blood DK's suck at pvp....when your trying to kill a Blood DK 1 on 1 for what ever reason.....even if you can kill it you have to spend almost 30 minutes trying to kill it.....

Makes me miss when we the best geared of us were at 7-8k max hp and warriors with TuF and Windfury were a thing to be feared!
Only outside instanced PvP.
100 Human Warrior
I would ask if you were new around here, but then I see you have 200k kills.

I am quiet confused. Do you not know that within Bgs,RBGs, and Arenas all gear's stats are scaled down to that of PvP gear? You would actually lose out by using the PvE gear because you would still lose the bit of PvP power you can get.

The only exceptions really is if you're a human and get a raid trinket that gives, lets say for warriors, crit.
100 Orc Warrior
I hate BGs.
Its all about world pvp for me.

Ill go back to doing BG's when they do something about all the AFK'ers.
100 Human Warrior
THIS is not true in my opinon... in what i have on now which is about 50% ty gear my pvp dps is around 13k... in my pve gear which is level 520 my pvp dps is 9k... so big drop adn my survival is shorter in the pve gear... what this expansion has done in my opinon is make everyone think they dont need pvp gear now in BG/s and they show up getting pawned, creating really weak teams and wonder why?
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
DK invasion!
90 Worgen Warrior
As I stated when 5.3 came out, PVP gear is 100% pointless. Best raid gear wins. Resil built-in, PVP power negated by sheer stats on top raid gear, the game is about raiding for all reasons. FACT!

FOR THE LAST TIME OH MY GOD, PVP POWER IS NOT ON THE IL BUDGET, AND WITH GEAR CEILING YOU HAVE THE SAME STATS THAN PVE GEAR PLUS POWER AS A BONUS.

STOP BEING STUPID PEOPLE.
90 Orc Warrior
I don't know about you guys but I can still mongo down someone wearing all pve gear. The 65% base resil as far as I can tell has only had a negative impact on wpvp.
100 Human Mage
DK invasion!

This is a nice thread... it would be a shame if...

...I combusted all over it...
90 Dwarf Warrior
Spew.
100 Orc Warlock
This has got to stop if by now you still are thinking that pve gar is better than pvp gear in bgs just go sit in a corner.
90 Orc Shaman

Nope and nope.

P.S you suck.
90 Undead Death Knight
OP just not true in PvP content & most people don't' care much about world PvP.
88 Blood Elf Hunter

The dichotomy is that one PVPs in 496 but ganks and griefs in 522+ with 65% res and there is no reason for it.

PvP happened on a PvP server.
100 Orc Shaman
World PvP is what matters. BG/arenas is farming.

World PVP matters so much it's been dead since Vanilla.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]