PVP gear is useless

(Locked)

90 Orc Shaman
World PvP is what matters. BG/arenas is farming.

Yeah, running around attacking people doing dailies or leveling is the best PvP

#yolo

Idiot.
90 Undead Death Knight
Nobody cared about world PvP prior to 5.3 and suddenly it's more important than oxygen to some people.
100 Night Elf Rogue
Nobody cared about world PvP prior to 5.3 and suddenly it's more important than oxygen to some people.

It depends on server actually. It may not happen as frequently back in the day to some of us, but I wouldn't say no one cared about it.
90 Undead Death Knight
It depends on server actually. It may not happen as frequently back in the day to some of us, but I wouldn't say no one cared about it.
People cared way back in 2004-2007, but world PvP has been pretty dead on most servers for years now.
90 Tauren Druid
06/20/2013 05:59 AMPosted by Infestyx
People cared way back in 2004-2007, but world PvP has been pretty dead on most servers for years now.

you seem to think wpvp = ss/tm pushes or clearing out crossroad

getting ganked while doing dailys is also wpvp, and it happens more than ever now.
90 Human Paladin
Well I guess I will put my nose into the middle of this conversation.

I will start with this; I am not a veteran WoW player and have been around only since Cataclysm. I don't know how things worked a long time ago but I can use knowledge of now and common sense to state that at 16,000 PvP power I am doing 40% more damage benefited from the stats force fixed at the 496 ilvl ceiling inside PvP instances and PvE geared players are not. I find PvP gear beneficial, but,

a) you cannot expect benefits of gear alone to define you the better player or the victor and,
b) The only World PvP I see going on is Dark Portal Ganking, "Horde"shire outside of Stormwind and level 90s relentlessly *@#@!**@#@ my alts - the imbalance of the nature of WPvP outweighs the gear imbalance when anyone has the availability to both raid and PvP, to fall behind in one skill set is your decision or personal path and in so is no way the right way to blame your calculations between gear.
70 Human Warlock
06/20/2013 03:07 PMPosted by Gärrëtt
b) The only World PvP I see going on is Dark Portal Ganking

yeah whether someone is wearing pve or pvp gear is irrelevant when there are 15+ 90s waiting to camp my 1 lvl 50 indefinitely
90 Undead Priest
More often that not wPvP isn't fair, anyway. It all pretty much equates to ganking now days and typically numbers, available cooldowns, and people in combat with mobs (or multiple mobs) are much more prevalent than actual "fair" fights where gear is far and away the deciding factor in the outcome. It's barely relevant enough in game to think about let alone balance a patch around.
24 Troll Shaman
World PvP is what matters. BG/arenas is farming.

Blizzard disagrees. As do most players.
90 Undead Priest
Do you honestly believe that your 476 ilvl welfare epics that take NO WORK (yeah, I said it) to accumulate should stomp someone wearing 500 ilvl+ out in the world that probably spent 3x (or more) the amount of time you did to accumulate that full set?
90 Night Elf Hunter
I would have to agree. I was in a BG and a full PVE Blood DK with 700k+ HP and I am full Tyran, me and a Pally could not bring him down. For the record I have NEVER had a problem killing any DK before the change.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I would have to agree. I was in a BG and a full PVE Blood DK with 700k+ HP and I am full Tyran, me and a Pally could not bring him down. For the record I have NEVER had a problem killing any DK before the change.

Pve gear isn't giving him 700k hp. It's gemming stam, which he can easily do in pvp gear. And you probably wouldn't know the difference.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Because of gear scaling, Tyrannical gear will be just as good, if not better because of the free PvP power, as high-end raiding gear. The issue a lot of PVP'ers are experiencing right now is that they do not have full Tyrannical yet, so they cannot compare with the higher ilevel PvE gear. Wait until you get full Tyrannical, then it will get better.
90 Undead Rogue
Instances, city guards, sanctuaries, being able to level without leaving a major city, all have contributed greatly to the demise of wpvp. This is a carebears game and carebears like to have the title of being on a pvp server without actually having to pvp when they don't want to.

It's the dumbest crap I've ever seen in a game. Create 3 types of servers, RP, PvE, and PvP then make PvE and PvP almost identical. PvP servers should have zero city guards, zero sanctuaries, no ability to teleport directly to instances and your pvp flag should ALWAYS be on.
90 Undead Death Knight
Wow dude, just wow. You do realize that the best PvE gear has the same stats as tyrannical in PvP content, except for PvP power right?
90 Undead Death Knight
and you dont get that 4 set procs and even some two sets from even lfr make pvp gear bad. just deal with it man, you dont work for blizzard. You dont have to defend it like its your wife. 2300 posts telling everyone to learn to play, to stop being bad. as you put it "wow dude, just wow"
You troll every time you post & never say anything worth listening to. What I said is absolutely 100% true (that PvE gear doesn't have higher stats than tyrannical, which is what that hunter was saying). The amount of ignorance in this forum is staggering & you just added to it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]