Primordius Talisman

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Is it just me or this this trinket complete garbage and even worse than the shado-pan trinket?

I looted it last night and upgraded it because Mr.Robot had it listed as a slightly better upgrade than the SPT but after testing it for about 20 minutes Ive found this

-It rarely procs
-It NEVER goes above 1-2 stacks
- The duration of a proc is terribly low

I cant seem to find anymore information on it besides Wowhead and one of the comments about the proc rate mentioned it rarely worked for a Ret Paladin.

Could it be the trinket is bugged or has something to do with it not registering with our attacks?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
It's not you; that trinket's terribleness has been known for quite some time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's not you; that trinket's terribleness has been known for quite some time.

To the vendor it goes!

What a waste of valor :\
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
oh man did you 2/2? bummer
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
At least it wasn't heroic and/or thunderforged?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
oh man did you 2/2? bummer

Yea Mr.Robot had it listed as a slight upgrade to the shado-pan trinket

Really lame.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
In a perfect world, it probably would be; but WoW is not perfect. LOL

Also, don't trust the Robot - classic mistake!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
At least it wasn't heroic and/or thunderforged?

I just don't understand why it dosen't seem to proc all that often.

Could it possibly be bugged with our attacks?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
In a perfect world, it probably would be; but WoW is not perfect. LOL

Also, don't trust the Robot - classic mistake!

I don't trust it all the time but in this case I went with it because of the known terrible ICD on the shado-pan trinket, figured it would be better
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
rhobut's weight for trinkets is based purely on sim value, which basically is if a monkey completely mongoed the keys and never used CDs intelligently... so primordius' comes off a lot better than it really is.

I use it on my warrior for complete lack of something better and it's at 1 stack a lot, but it's rarely at 2 and never at 3, which is exactly why it's bad. You can't line up a good proc with CDs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
rhobut's weight for trinkets is based purely on sim value, which basically is if a monkey completely mongoed the keys and never used CDs intelligently... so primordius' comes off a lot better than it really is.

I use it on my warrior for complete lack of something better and it's at 1 stack a lot, but it's rarely at 2 and never at 3, which is exactly why it's bad. You can't line up a good proc with CDs.

Yea that's what ticked me off the most is during the testing I did with it it NEVER went to its full stacks and it usually dropped off at 1 stack all the way from 10 seconds.

Seriously lame.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I don't trust it all the time but in this case I went with it because of the known terrible ICD on the shado-pan trinket, figured it would be better

I don't think the Robot takes into account lost stats for Primo's trink, and may also model the proc with an average stat. Considering the SPA trink procs more strength than a 522 Spark, it's actually strong despite its iL, where DMV's long ICD made it terrible because it was proccing as much haste as a 476~489 with a shorter ICD would proc pure strength.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I recently got the trinket and went 2/2 with it. I've kind it to be a dps increase for me though I was wearing final order from MSV. Does anyone know what the two BiS trinkets are for us this tier?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Spark of Zandalar and Fabled Feather of Ji-kun are considered BiS.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Spark of Zandalar and Fabled Feather of Ji-kun are considered BiS.

Heroic level maybe, Fabled feather is #1 bis by far, but spark normal is inferior to valor trinket any time you're popping cds off the bat because the first hit is always a proc, and it'll stack with everything. I've used Exe Sentence at 50k str+ and it's truly terrifying. Spark is pretty much impossible to have up during the first 30 seconds of any fight. It also annoys me to no end that it changes my character model.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Grognard is right on that part: Spark of Zandalar, is the BEST for a Ret Paladin. Mainly because it provides both Haste and Strength, two of the most important stats for this class/spec. The Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun is also the other BiS, because of, well, the hit for one, which means you can reforge from hit on your gear completely, and the possible strength bonus. Plus, you can reforge the hit into haste. The Prim and Twins trinkets are horrible for Ret Paladins, because of the Criticals Strike. They'd do better with Warriors.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Actually, the hit on the Feather works against the trinket in that there's a lot of hit all over this tier, but the size of the proc is massive enough to outweigh the potentially massive amount of wasted hit.

Spark's benefits do lay primarily in its native haste, but the ramp time on its proc - and the comparably paltry amount of its strength proc (even a normal Spark generates less strength than an SPA trink) - do make the SPA better on paper, and possibly in a number of specific situations. I have been liking the SPA trink's proc since I picked it up, and that and Spark have been rather stable in one being up for almost every ES.

But it would be nice if the two - or at the very least, the Spark - would pair up better with other trinkets.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I recently got the trinket and went 2/2 with it. I've kind it to be a dps increase for me though I was wearing final order from MSV. Does anyone know what the two BiS trinkets are for us this tier?

It's feather and promordius talisman
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
It's feather and promordius talisman

I might buy that if we were talking about Warriors.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]