Primordius Talisman

90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/16/2013 02:24 PMPosted by Muletia
476/484 Xuen? I don't think they could possibly be anywhere close with that kind of ilvl spread.

I think I went 2/2 with Xuen but it's been a while ..

It looks like about a 3k loss to use Xuen over your Spark, and almost 5k loss to use it over your Primordius.

40 ilvl is a big gap to compare. :D
Edited by Cayse on 6/16/2013 2:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
If your buff lasted 20 seconds it probably could stack...but ya it sucks.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It looks like about a 3k loss to use Xuen over your Spark, and almost 5k loss to use it over your Primordius.

40 ilvl is a big gap to compare. :D

Cool, cheers. :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
On an unrelated topic, why is Grog level 1 now?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
SI:7 stuffed me in a Gnomish engineered Tauren suit to spy on the Horde. >_>
Edited by Grôgnárd on 6/17/2013 7:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
SHOW YOUR FACE

ONE OF US ONE OF US
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
SHOW YOUR FACE

ONE OF US ONE OF US

NEVAR!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Honestly the stacking proc trinkets really need some insane haste and a majority of BiS to make them compete with feather/zandalar.

Barely getting 1-2 stacks isn't enough to keep that trinket viable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
It's up time is pretty decent from the logs that I've seeing so far (50-60%). But yeah as every rppm trinket, haste helps a ton.
Edited by Xasapis on 6/17/2013 9:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
At what stack count is that 50~60% uptime figure based? If that's 50~60% uptime on a single stack, it doesn't seem that great as one stack is worth - what? - a mere 1500 strength?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I am not sure since i didn't get a chance to test it myself yet. However, some of the top ret parses are done using this trinket, so i wouldn't be too scared to give it a try if i where you =)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
No, certainly not concerned with testing (eager, in fact), as it does appear as if there was a bug in the Ret sim code that could have been producing erroneous results. I did like Primo on paper before I found out from a friend that it stacked unreliably. However, trinket drops have been most unkind to me thus far this tier.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Rule of thumb for every trinket so far is that "If it drops off Primordius, its trash"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I like how it's really easy to tell which posters in this thread only read the first page.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've popped off a few "decent" ranks in 10m heroic with a normal Primordius trinket and a non-heroic weapon, including a rank 2 about a month ago. Not exactly sure what people were looking at when they came up with the idea that the trinket was bad. Did they go into World of Logs and see the uptime of the trinket? Even with mediocre haste, it's still decent. With my current setup, my heroic Spark sims 1.5k higher than my old normal Talisman. In the grand scheme of things in a fully buffed raid, that is not alot of dps... I'm actually looking forward to a heroic talisman to do some testing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The Primordius' Talisman of Rage never procs past 3 stacks for me

06/16/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
You could be right that it passes up other trinkets only at higher gear levels.

..it would seem that Primo's value hinges entirely on being head-to-toe heroic geared where you would have enough haste to fuel the stacks on it.

Well if that's the case then it's only BiS if you have item levelin in the high 530s It seems then the best thing to do with this trinket is to put it in the bank until you get an item level in the high 530s and stay with the trinket(s) you have presently. In my case that means I should re-equip my Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I had primordius at five stacks for a good 30 seconds on my warrior in a scenario this morning.

The sims I posted early in this thread had one of the subjects a very low haste average (average at the time, he was around 520 and had no set bonuses) geared paladin and even for him it was better than spark, but that's what I was comparing it to; equal ilvl sparks.

Comparing it to an equal ilvl talisman is easy as well, given your reforges, (simply changing your ring from crit>exp to crit>mast and reforging talisman to haste) and gives a result of 156.1k vs 155.4k.

I'm not actually going to say which is which, as a .0032% difference between two ilvl 530 trinkets is effectively nothing. The result is essentially use the ones that are higher level... your primordius' is upgraded, if your brutal talisman isn't.. don't use a lower level trinket. If they're the same, pick one based on their proc styles, your play style, or how many ducks you saw today.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I had primordius at five stacks for a good 30 seconds on my warrior in a scenario this morning.

The sims I posted early in this thread had one of the subjects a very low haste average (average at the time, he was around 520 and had no set bonuses) geared paladin and even for him it was better than spark, but that's what I was comparing it to; equal ilvl sparks.

Comparing it to an equal ilvl talisman is easy as well, given your reforges, (simply changing your ring from crit>exp to crit>mast and reforging talisman to haste) and gives a result of 156.1k vs 155.4k.

I'm not actually going to say which is which, as a .0032% difference between two ilvl 530 trinkets is effectively nothing. The result is essentially use the ones that are higher level... your primordius' is upgraded, if your brutal talisman isn't.. don't use a lower level trinket. If they're the same, pick one based on their proc styles, your play style, or how many ducks you saw today.

The number crunching is beyond my pay grade but the similarity in your SIM may be a reflection of the lower numeric Strength value in the (near) ongoing proccing of the primordius', 1-3 stacks, vs the periodic proccing, approx every 90 secs, yet much higher Strength value proc of the Brutal Talisman (my Brutal Talisman is 2/2)

Thank you for your help
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have H TF Spark and Talisman. I prefer Spark.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]