Mac Launcher Issues!

90 Night Elf Rogue
So I haven't played WoW in over a year, but now I'd like to pick it up again. So three days ago I tried to start it up.

I got two screens:

1) a launcher that says its "downloading updated tools." The bar runs the entire way, gets to the end and illuminates the "play" button. I click it.

2) a background downloader opens, and takes OVER 3 DAYS to download all the patches. Finally it says "download complete" and then shuts itself down.

So ... I reopen Wow and it makes me run both the launcher (with its blue bar) and the background downloader with its SUPER HUGE patch over and over and over again. (Though, it only takes about 30 mins or so to run through the patch now). But then the same thing. Shut down. Reopen. Same deal. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Never do I EVEN get to the login screen. Please help!

P.S. I don't have Pandaria - just Cata. Oh, and I'm on a Macbook.
Edited by Pyrocles on 6/16/2013 8:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
And I've already ran the "repair" function repeatedly.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
Hmmm just about off to bed but before I do :

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/how-to-find-your-setup-logs

Unzip the LogGoblin with the built in OS X unzipper (right click it and go open with -> archive utility)

Then double click it and after doing some working it should open the Terminal and run itself. Zip file should appear in your home folder (Go menu -> Home in the finder)

Then upload it to somewhere like dropcanvas.com and copy/paste the link here.

I'll look through the logs when I get up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]