world pvp is awesome now!

94 Goblin Shaman
thanks blizz now when i hearth back to the golden lantern i find a 5 man heroic pve'geared group 1 shotting ppl as they hearth in

thanks for letting pve'ers pvp, this is how they treat it

can we go back to seperating the 2 by a wide margine please?

So if they are 1 shotting people, what does this have to do with the changes to resilience? Nothing, you just want to whine.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Warrior
They should just make tyrannical pvp gear have a 522 ilvl, and scale it down to 496 for instanced pve just like they do for pvp. Also make it only count as level 496 gear for lfr ilvl prerequisites.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Rogue
I continue to be baffled why Bliz makes this whole issue so difficult to deal with. The solution is easy:

PVP and PVE gear at the same levels have the same stats. PVP gear also has PVP power on it.

1) In a raid, PVP power has a negative effect reducing the damage output, so it is inferior to PVE gear.

2) In the world, PVP power has a zero effect. So in a world PVP encounter both sets of gear are equal.

3) In Battlegrounds or Arenas, PVP power has a positive effect making PVP gear more powerful.

I guess this solution is just too simple for the devs.

Stop making sense! They don't like it when people make sense.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I continue to be baffled why Bliz makes this whole issue so difficult to deal with. The solution is easy:

PVP and PVE gear at the same levels have the same stats. PVP gear also has PVP power on it.

1) In a raid, PVP power has a negative effect reducing the damage output, so it is inferior to PVE gear.

2) In the world, PVP power has a zero effect. So in a world PVP encounter both sets of gear are equal.

3) In Battlegrounds or Arenas, PVP power has a positive effect making PVP gear more powerful.

That would be all well and peachy if PVE didn't have so many different item level sets, LFR/Flex/Normal/Heroic and then sprinkle in Thunderforged and valor upgrades.

Current season gear should be equal to normal mode raid gear, the pvp power would make it better and the vast majority of PVPers and PVErs only ever get the normal conquest gear or the normal mode raid loot.

Current season elite gear should be equal to heroic mode raid gear, the pvp power would put it on par with 2/2 full heroic geared players, so when both players are gear capped they're equal in world PVP.

Then you step into a BG and any PVP gear trumps the PVE counterpart.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
As for the OP, I didn't realise it was the PVE gear that let them 5v1 you - it sounds like it was the part where it was a 5v1 and you were on a loading screen.

Nice to know you took the time to armoury the 5 people that killed you and all of them were in heroic gear.
Reply Quote
70 Human Mage

Blizz better be reading
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight

how the !@#$ did this guy come up with such a quick and simple solution
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

Or remove the PVP power disadvantage from PVP gear and give PVE gear PVE power, which only works in instanced raids/dungeons the same way PVP power only works in battlegrounds/arena. Whichever solution seems more elegant :P

I still think PVP gear should be comparable to PVE gear in ilvl though, maybe somewhere between normal and heroic PVE gear since we can't upgrade our gear anymore.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Hunter

Nice to know you took the time to armoury the 5 people that killed you and all of them were in heroic gear.

Heroic 5-man gear. Dungeons, not raids.

It wasn't the gear that was the issue.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
A Warlock crit me for 400k once, some 65% damage reduction, although my haphazard terrible gear set didn't help, it's still kind of dumb.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
should just remove the welfare pvp resilience from pve players. they don't deserve it.

usual response from pve heroes: "but what if i get ganked out there in the world!??"

you rolled on a pvp server, get pvp gear. it's not like malevolent (and soon, tyrannical when 5.4 hits) honor gear is hard to get.
Reply Quote
70 Human Warlock
unbelievable that heroic geared players are 1 shotting my level 50 alts now instead of male blood elf hunters in greens and !@#$ crafted pvp gear #worldpvp #1stworldproblems #blizzfixthis
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I support this idea.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

This is freaking PERFECT!
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight

Man! I think you got the solution! Maybe it would need a bit of an adjustment, but in general it´s simple. It´s elegant. And it´s fair.

I loved this!!! Nice idea Ozd!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage

I like it!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]