Proposed Fel Flame change

90 Orc Warlock
"Fel Flame has been slightly reworked. Now it has a 1.5 second cast time, but can be cast while moving. It no longer extends the duration of damage over time effects and has received a small damage buff. "

Hi, I'm an affliction Warlock with a 2100+ experience this expansion in 3's (basically a nobody as far as this game is concern.) I know this re-design is based off of KJC's nerf, but I personally don't use KJC cunning, haven't this entire expansion. I'll be the first to say, I'd have no idea how to go about balancing the last tier talents for Warlocks for each spec, but this proposed change seems actually worse.

It will leave every Warlock susceptible with not only one school of magic lock out, but both as most will use Fel Flame as their go to spell on the move.

Ever since it's implementation as a hybrid instant cast spell which also extends the duration on dots, it seems a core part of pvp, at least for me.

I know this is early ptr, and nothing is final, but I beg you, if you do intend to make this change would it be too much to ask to add a glyph with Fel Flame in its original glory?

I apologize, I'm not an avid forum poster, so I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum, or if I should be adding onto some other discussion.

-Ventblaze
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
The new haunt looks beasty though.

take the good with the bad?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
In 2's it'll suck to try and kill anything with mobility, but life's life. This change will probably push me out of my 2's glory (130 games appx in 3 weeks)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The only thing I can think of is ....why? Losing out on one of the few instant spells that warlocks have is kinda crazy. Especially as it's two schools, so interrupts will be amazingly bad.

Face it blizzard, you have no idea what you're doing here.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The only thing I can think of is ....why? Losing out on one of the few instant spells that warlocks have is kinda crazy. Especially as it's two schools, so interrupts will be amazingly bad.

That would be annoying.
(Quick question, Chaos Bolt and Incinerate are different schools, neither double dip into the other?)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
(Quick question, Chaos Bolt and Incinerate are different schools, neither double dip into the other?)

I believe Chaos Bolt being interrupted locks out Fel Flame when I flub a cancel on Dark Animus, but don't quote me on that.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Fel Flame should not have a cast time. We are not mages, and Fel Flame is not Scorch.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

That would be annoying.

Chaos bolt is in the shadow school, incinerate in the fire school. Fel flame is in the shadowflame school. As long as you're not locked out of shadow and fire, you can still cast fel flame. Assuming fel flame remains shadowflame, being interrupted means being locked out of shadow and fire schools.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
So...why did they get rid of Searing Pain again? It's basically Searing Pain that you can use while moving.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
So...why did they get rid of Searing Pain again? It's basically Searing Pain that you can use while moving.

Actually much worse because Fel Flame locks you out of two schools (Fire and Shadow) when interrupted.
Reply Quote
36 Human Paladin
I wonder how this is going to work. I'm pretty accustomed to fel flame being instant.

Maybe keep fel flame as is and re-add searing pain and make that castable on the move.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Where are you getting this? I can't seem to find it in the 5.4 patch notes
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/347088563348840448

We're going to try keeping Fel Flame as an instant, slightly buffed, with no dot refeshing. Intent wasn't to nerf FF on top of nerfing KJC.

Player - Mana cost for Fel Flame is quite high. Are you considering lowering it?

GC - Yes. We just want to keep it as a spell of last resort and don't want it to get mixed into normal rotations.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]