How should I reforge?

90 Draenei Shaman
So normally I just follow askmrrobot like a mindless zombie because I don't really know much about reforging and stuff like that (terrible, I know, trying to learn...).

Anyways!

I will soon start raiding ToT 10 man norm with a group and I want to know how I should reforge. I believe I will be with a holy paladin and a priest who will either be holy or disc depending on what he feels like doing.

Advice? Pointers? Please? <3
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t130574-resto_its_raining_heals_5_3_a/ has all the info you need, particularly on how to decide what Haste breakpoint to gear for.

Since you'll be 3-healing with healers with absorbs, you're *likely* going to want to run a lower-Spirit, high Crit build with whatever Haste breakpoint you choose.

Mastery is never a terrible investment, but when you 3-heal 10man content, you really don't run into situations where the raid spends enough time at low enough health for your Mastery to do much. On the other hand, it's like insurance. When the brown stuff *does* hit the fan, your Mastery will always perform.

I'm in the middle of switching over from a high Haste build to a low-Spirit, high Crit build. We 3-heal pretty much everything, and I was running high Spirit so I could let the other two healers blow through all the mana they wanted to... so in that case, might as well go balls-to-the-wall Haste (since Haste eats through mana and I had so much Spirit it didn't matter). However... we're really not having any troubles with mana at all, so I figured I'd stop sacrificing my throughput for the other healers. It's not as useful in 10man as it can be in 25man.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I resent that.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Depends what you want to do. Once you get the two piece it is worth getting 3765 haste for the extra tick of hst even though it is bugged still. If the raid group likes standing in stuff mastery is good. If they are good at staying out of stuff than crit is good.

No cut and dry answer. First step though is enchanting your gear. Will net you a lot of stats.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I'd go for a low spirit, high crit build as well in your setup. You really gotta get all your stuff enchanted, especially getting Jade Spirit since that's a great weapon. Go for 10-11k spirit for now but if you get the Legendary Meta gem you can drop some more. I'd aim for around 3800-3850 haste for the HST haste breakpoint and taking a little extra to accommodate latency and the bugginess. After that try a crit build.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I would suggest you google

5.3 resto shaman icyveins
5.3 resto shaman elitist jerks
5.3 noxxic

these are all a few of the guides out there, and may have stuff on resto shamans
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]