Can druids still mine in Flight form?

90 Human Death Knight
Topic is my question.. its been a long time since my druid had mining so I'd like to know before possibly dropping LW on him for Mining
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Nope. Have to drop flight form to mine, sadly.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Nope. Have to drop flight form to mine, sadly.

Darn. I was afraid of that.

Herbalism still lets you stay in Flight Form though right ? ( not like that helps me, i dont want to drop LW for Herbing. )
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yeah, you can still pick herbs just fine.
Reply Quote
I loved having herbalism on my druid, i stole so many nodes that way, and then farming in vashjir in aqua form was nice too
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
You do lose form, but it's instant cast when you're ready to fly again, so it's not so bad.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You do lose form, but it's instant cast when you're ready to fly again, so it's not so bad.

The main bonus is, if in the process of picking an herb you aggro a nearby enemy, you can still often loot the herb and fly away. Not so with mining -- unless you're a night elf anyways.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
If you're seeking a farming character, then insta-cast flight form with a 1.6 second gather time of mining nodes, and 0.5 second gather time of herb nodes, with Forager's Gloves is pretty amazing. The 1.5 second cast time to mount adds up when going from node to node, being instantly in the air headed towards the next node is extremely nice.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
My Monk (90 now) can mine and fish in Zen flight - lvl 70... so I hop like a bee from one node to the other. Only drawback is minor because of what they call a "quick speed" which is about 1/2 of Master Riding speed. Make a Monk!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
You could never mine in flight form as a Druid, only herb.
Reply Quote
73 Human Monk
You could never mine in flight form as a Druid, only herb.

Yes, you could. I've had a Druid miner and often joked about the idea of seeing a hawk swing a miner's pick.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]