Mistweaver major raid cooldown revision

90 Pandaren Monk
So Mistweavers can generally hold their own in a strait up healfest with no raid cds blown, but the second a priest, shammy or druid starts throwing in raid cds, Monks get blown out of the water. I feel this is due to our ONE Mistweaver raid cooldown, Revival, and to a lesser extent our woefully underpowered single target cd Life Cocoon. I suggest a revision for revival to remove the "dispels harmful effects", since that usually only limits when and where we can use Revival, as well as either lowering the cooldown to 1.5 minutes or even less, or removing the mana cost and instead making it regenerate 10% mana when used. When compared to every other mana regen cd for other healers, 10% isn't much, and making a 3 minute cd with such a low healing return compared to all other 3 minute healer cds (ex. Healing Tide, Tranquility, etc.) is just silly. As for Life Cocoon, drop the damage absorb and make it a 6 second healing taken buff with a minor damage reduction instead. Using a cd that takes ONE raid boss normal hit to remove is just ridiculous. It a simple waste of a GCD. Please leave feedback on these ideas and maybe we can get our fistweaving abilities more on par with how good Brewmaster and Windwalker's are.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
06/19/2013 08:58 AMPosted by Tanookita
I suggest a revision for revival to remove the "dispels harmful effects", since that usually only limits when and where we can use Revival,

What does this even mean? There's no time that limits revival. And the dispel is extremely overpowered at other moments.

as well as either lowering the cooldown to 1.5 minutes or even less, or removing the mana cost and instead making it regenerate 10% mana when used. When compared to every other mana regen cd for other healers, 10% isn't much, and making a 3 minute cd with such a low healing return compared to all other 3 minute healer cds (ex. Healing Tide, Tranquility, etc.) is just silly.

I don't know the exact numbers on tranq etc, but revival pumps out over 250k instant healing. The others are not a burst heal, they cannot deal with strong burst damage like revival does. It doesn't need a 1.5minute CD, it's already doing about 12% of our healing on any given fights, halving the CD would probably increase it to REM healing levels. OVerpowered. REgenerate 10% mana? Why does everyones fix include more mana gains when we don't go oom anyway?

As for Cocoon, if you are exclusively using it on tanks, you are using it wrong. LC can easily help raid members cheese many mechanics (such as that thingie on council or ionization if they need it etc). We know it's not a tank CD, and we are completely fine without having a dedicated tank CD.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I think the only healer that really outclasses MVs as far as CDs is a Shaman, but they outclass everyone in that regard and suffer for it. Its not even that huge of a gap either.

Depending on the fight you can do things that amount to CDs. Raid stacked? 3 chi torpedoes and a Chi burst is huge healing. Its almost unbalanced that MVs do so well when other classes need CDs and MVs don't.

The only slight difference is that some of those other CDs can be at a moments notice reactively, groups can be spread and stuff like that, but Revival is good enough for those situations.

If you are having trouble keeping up as a Monk you either have too many healers or are doing something wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
REvival has a range of 100, the largest range of any raid CD, and isn't affected by LOS. 100yds encompasses almost every boss battle room.

But yea Somurd is right, our other utility spells and abilities far surpass that of other healers.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Ive been healing raids on my second monk and I have to say Revival is the most overpowered !@#$ I have ever seen, raid wide Lay on Hands is rediculous
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
Are we playing the same game?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Are we playing the same game?

You're in the second level of WoW.

WoWception.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
TFT + Uplift = Madness in a Bottle.

If done correctly I can blanket 90% of my 10 man raid in the time it takes me to cast 2 RMs. Factor in Chi Brew and I can really pump up those numbers.
Edited by Kewngpow on 6/20/2013 2:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
and to a lesser extent our woefully underpowered single target cd Life Cocoon

All of my what. Life Cocoon on its current timer and absorb is perfect. It's great for absorbing specific raid mechanics and or boss tank abilities.
As long as you've got a raid team and/or a tank that can talk and communicate when they need it, it is very powerful.

I suggest a revision for revival to remove the "dispels harmful effects", since that usually only limits when and where we can use Revival

The dispel on it is the best part! They made it to where for specific encounters (Primordius) that has GOOD debuffs it will not dispel them. So what's the problem.

Life Cocoon and Revival are fine. If possible when you're going to Revival make sure the whole raid (10 man in my case) is at least 60% or lower health when you use it to get maximum healing from it. It keeps up perfectly fine with tranq and healing tides and divine hymns if you use it properly.

Edit: Also revival being on a gcd makes it extremely useful for snap decisions on being able to save a raid or not just by a click of a button. Many occasions can you do this if the raid is taking just too much damage. Plus a 100 yard range you're going to hit everyone. Everytime.
Edited by Golilo on 6/20/2013 2:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
gtfo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]