[Druid] Low HPS in LFR

90 Tauren Druid
Hi. I’ve just returned to this druid after a break, and I’m trying to gear her up for normal mode raids. My problem is that my HPS in LFR is low. I don’t expect to be able to best anyone with a 500+ ilvl atm, but I’d like to feel like I’m at least pulling my weight.

In case it matters:
1) I use mouse-over macros to heal with additional macros for instant HT and instant Rebirth. I don’t click and I don't use the default raid frames.
2) I have optimized my gear using askmrrobot, with the exception of Jade Spirit on my weapon. I’m close to revered with Shado Pan, so hoping to buy the recipe in the next few days.

Here’s my current strategy in LFR, based on what I've read on the druid forum:
(Skip this if you just want to make general comments on healing in LFR)
1) Keep LB up on the tank. Use the glyph to swap the stacks as needed.
2) Nourish people who are taking small amounts of damage.
3) Rejuv people with moderate amounts of damage, or use Rejuv to pre-HOT before heavy raid damage.
4) Use Swiftmend on CD to keep efflorescence up on melee.
5) Cast Wild Growth on CD.
6) Take advantage of OoC procs for free Regrowths on people with moderate to considerable damage, or cast Regrowth as an emergency heal without OoC.
7) Take advantage of OoC procs for instant HT, or use Healing Touch w/NS when someone (usually the tank) needs a large heal. Hard cast HT when there's time to wait.
8) Save Tranquility for periods of heavy raid damage.
9) I don’t usually use Wild Mushroom in LFR since it involves setup time and LFR seems to exist around a “gogogo” mentality.
10) Cast Ironbark on the tank when there’s heavy tank damage.
11) Barkskin myself whenever I’m taking more damage than a Nourish can fix.
12) Use Nature’s Cure whenever I can, prioritizing tanks and healers first.
13) I am using Force of Nature instead of Incarnation in LFR because it's LFR and I didn't think it would matter, but I can change the talent back if it does.

With so many healers in 25m LFR, it’s hard to know whether I am healing effectively or not, but I know that my HPS is usually third place or below. If I'm doing anything wrong, I'd like to figure it out before I app to any guilds. Thanks, and sorry for the novel!
Edited by Chosovi on 6/15/2013 10:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
2) I have optimized my gear using askmrrobot, with the exception of Jade Spirit on my weapon. I’m close to revered with Shado Pan, so hoping to buy the recipe in the next few days.

This may be personal preference, but I don't think it's worth your while to gem straight haste, nonetheless reforge out of mastery for more haste. You have red sockets that you are using purples in, you should change that for a reckless gem instead. But, this comes down to your level of comfort in spirit. I really never found gemming pure spirit to be worth it, but I guess that's your personal preference. But I'll have you know that the spirit reliance in your gemming choices is probably why you feel your numbers are low. You already have pretty low ilvl gear, so your int and mastery levels are going to be behind a lot of others. But to top it off, you aren't even catering really to your mastery, which is a % boost to every heal you do.

No, rejuv them. Nourish, especially in 25m, has no place.

3) Rejuv people with moderate amounts of damage, or use Rejuv to pre-HOT before heavy raid damage.

There's not many instances in LFR that I've had that required me to "pre-hot". I don't really do this in 10m unless it's for shroom charges or I can time it just right for a mechanic such as Wind Storm on Iron Qon. Someone who does 25m will have to c/d the "pre-hotting".

7) Take advantage of OoC procs for free and instant HT with Nature’s Swiftness, or hard cast Healing Touch when someone (usually the tank) needs a large heal and there’s time to wait.

I'm pretty sure OoC procs will not be used when you use NS for HT. But I'll have to double check that.

I also should probably say that just because you have an OoC proc, it doesn't automatically mean you use it. Our bread and butter is Rejuv. I take advantage of OoC as a 10m raider when someone is taking a buttload of damage and could use it, are low already, or I need Harmony up (in 10m you use efflo a bit more carefully, seeing as the chances of people standing in it are lower than 25m).

06/15/2013 10:10 AMPosted by Chosovi
11) Barkskin myself whenever I’m taking more damage than a Nourish can fix.

Nourish, no. Rejuv. Rejuv all da fings.

13) I am using Force of Nature instead of Incarnation in LFR because it's LFR and I didn't think it would matter, but I can change the talent back if it does.

Force of Nature is basically !@#$. Go for Incarnation or SotF.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm pretty sure OoC procs will not be used when you use NS for HT. But I'll have to double check that.

Sorry, I didn't think that one through, heh. >_>

Thanks so much for your comments! Got some changes I can make asap.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Experiment with Wild Mushroom, it's very good in LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Nourish is bad in this expansion, they changed the model from Cata. You can keep Harmony up with Swiftmend alone. Grab the Regrowth glyph over the Rejuv/Nourish glyph, and experiment with it. Near-guaranteed crit on Regrowth means a near-guaranteed Living Seed for an extra, free 40k heal. Regrowth is costly, but very powerful when necessary. Wild Mushrooms are currently incredibly overpowered, especially in LFR. It's my #1 heal on this report (click my name to follow through to heal logs):

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Throne_of_Thunder/Dark_Animus/25L/hps/?page=1#p-23977583

Another point - they nuked Nature's Vigil from 20% down to 10%, almost to the point of ineffectiveness. It is still preferable to the raw stat bonus from HOTW for burst phases, if you happen to get them every 1.5 min. But the choice is between 10% healing throughput for 30 sec every 1.5 min, and 6% passive Intellect and Stamina, in addition to DPS/Tank utility if necessary. I've found myself sticking with HOTW on most fights.
Edited by Moggsy on 6/15/2013 11:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
1) LFR is LFR. Even with the nerfs to disc priests and holy paladins there is generally so little damage going out in LFR that the two absorb classes will still out heal everyone else all being equal. So if you are #3 behind those two classes its no big deal.

2) Your gear is fine, you are reforged correctly, and as you get better gear you will be able to change to using more throughput gems in place of regen gems. This will increase you mastery and INT, which will give you better throughput.

3) Your talents on the other hand could be better choices.

At you gear levels and I think all but current heroic gear, Force of Nature is a bad idea. For your gear Incarnation is the best talent. If you get the T14 4 pc bonus switch to Soul of the Forest. Incarnation is a huge throughput CD, 15% healing.

Nature's Vigil is good if you can time the CD to burst damage situations, if the boss fight dose not allow that then Heart of the Wild provide full time more throughput. HotW is used for the 6% stat increase, not for the dps CD. Though pop HotW and Hurricane large trash packs and top the DPS meters, lol.

4) You glyphs need a look as well.

I have used Life Bloom, Wild Growth, and Regrowth pretty consistently since MoP dropped.

Glyph of Regrowth is great, it gives us a flash heal that rivals the other healers for once. I very rarely cast Healing Touch or Nourish any more. I do have Healing Touch macroed with Nature's Swiftness and I use Nourish to spark harmony pre pull for Mushroom filling. But immediately pre pull its Regrowth for a living seed on the tank.

I use Glyph of Wild Growth because hitting one more target even in ten man is better than having the CD 2 secs sooner.

Glyph of Rebirth is not needed anymore, because brezzes come with 60% HP now.

And Glyph of Rejuvenation is bad, because if you have three or more Rejuvs running Nourish is not a spell you will have the time to cast, even with the reduced cast time.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
This may be personal preference, but I don't think it's worth your while to gem straight haste, nonetheless reforge out of mastery for more haste. You have red sockets that you are using purples in, you should change that for a reckless gem instead. But, this comes down to your level of comfort in spirit. I really never found gemming pure spirit to be worth it, but I guess that's your personal preference. But I'll have you know that the spirit reliance in your gemming choices is probably why you feel your numbers are low. You already have pretty low ilvl gear, so your int and mastery levels are going to be behind a lot of others. But to top it off, you aren't even catering really to your mastery, which is a % boost to every heal you do.

I do very mush agree with Fleurs and it was at about the OP's ilvl that I started gemming more for through put. It helped that my 10 man healing partner is a disc priest.

On the gemming pure haste, after I put my stat weights into Mr. Robot several time he has come back with pure haste gems as optimal and I was skeptical until I manually did a bunch of configurations one night.

The lesson I learned is that sometimes gemming a pure haste gem is correct, because it allows you to have a higher mastery level in the end. The "Robot" is just better at allowing you to get what you want out of your reforges, gems and enchants, if you customize your stat weighting to what you want.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Thanks Rexoss, Moggsy, and Plantman! I didn't expect to get any bites on this thread, but now I have several things I can work on. (:
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Do get used to mushrooms, they are very good in LFR as they are instant, and thus cannot be sniped. If you have a Clearcast proc and nothing better to spend it on, Regrowth the tank. It will refresh Harmony, Lifebloom, and a Living Seed on the tank is the most likely to be effective, and it's free!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Chosovi,

No problem. I have always found the healing and Druid forums to be very helpful.

This forum in particular is very good. People he will answer the most noobish question without ridicule. And the forum is well policed by some of its more well known contributors.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
LFR ISSUES: Lag will also effect your healing output, and efficiency.
People try to top people off before others so that they can push meters, this will kill mana. Don't try to be the best, try to do whats right, meters don't matter if nobody comes close to dying? ya ?

Let me also give you some tips:

1) Keep LB up on the tank. Use the glyph to swap the stacks as needed.
Good, I always pretty much refresh lifebloom with a lifebloom because harmony uptime should be 100% between shroom, mushrooms, or you can just refresh lifebloom as late as possible with a nourish <<< which is your best bet apart from lifebloom at the last second.

Clip your lifebloom refresh, don't refresh it 10 seconds before it's gonna fall off, this is just a waste of mana by far, apart from nourish on a tank for tank damage and it refreshing it that way.

No, Just really, no. Apart from tanks, you should filler with rejuv's and WG, with shrooms at appropriate stack points. Rely on your other healers and if you cant, and if you rejuv and they drop to 20% hp, drop them a healing touch instead, or a swiftmend.

4) Use Swiftmend on CD to keep efflorescence up on melee.
5) Cast Wild Growth on CD.

Use them when it's needed, If you also utilize Soul of the forest, you should time a swiftmend 1 second before damage, thus waiting a couple seconds and then casting wild growth for aoe healing.

Use swiftmend as big heal if you have to, but don't necessarily use them on cd, use them as much as possible without wasting your mana or healing uptime from those abilities.

6) Take advantage of OoC procs for free Regrowths on people with moderate to considerable damage, or cast Regrowth as an emergency heal without OoC.

Good, I realistically use my clearcasting procs w/ regrowth as SOON as it pops up, no this might not be the best idea but, hey , toss it on some1 @ 70% hp

8) Save Tranquility for periods of heavy raid damage. < good, just time it AS the damage comes in, not later, your HoT portion of tranq is affected by your haste breakpoints and will also just go into overhealing if you cast tranq too late.

9) I don’t usually use Wild Mushroom in LFR since it involves setup time and LFR seems to exist around a “gogogo” mentality.

USE THEM, FFS, USE THEM USE THEM USE USE USE USE USE USE USE USE USE. GET USED TO IT, THEY ARE GREAT. People underestimate the USEFULNESS of them, and the fact that I can goto org and use my 3 shrooms w/ max benefit and heal myself for over 2 million healing at that instant, you should consider how much it can count as an emergency heal for future known stackpoints where aoe damage comes in, thats like, A LOT!

oh-my-god nononoonon, Soul of the Forest is HIGHLY beneficial, Incarnation is too don't get me wrong, but SoTF all the way, I finally converted and will never go back as long as this ability is around.

Just don't take this as criticism, but find what works best for you!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]