Heirlooms and enchants in 5.4

100 Blood Elf Hunter
Means i will be able to enchant mongoose to my heirlooms daggers and 1 shot people in my rogue at low lvls :D?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
If you actually read it, they said it would scaled based on the characters level.
Reply Quote
.... this is just giving me even less motivation to level my druid until the patch hits, the first demotivator being the pet battle experiance glitch. Still I'm glad they are doing this as it sucks to have a profession like leatherworking where you can make items to enhance gear but can't use them because most of your gear is heirloom
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
What will this do to low level enchanting mats?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage

Well, Level 80 and 85 ones will be through the roof. Thos cyrystals that you use for the 'Nilla +Agi enchants...DUMP THEM NOW!!!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
All old enchanting mats will now be useless? GG blizz.
Reply Quote
50 Blood Elf Priest
06/16/2013 11:00 PMPosted by Solaru

Well, Level 80 and 85 ones will be through the roof. Thos cyrystals that you use for the 'Nilla +Agi enchants...DUMP THEM NOW!!!
Actually depending on scaling. Cata ones might go through the roof since heirlooms top out at 85 and MoP enchants arent particularly powerful compared to similar ones in other xpacs.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

Except for people, you know, leveling enchanting...
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
"High level enhancements applied to items equipped by low level players have their power scaled down to be similar to enhancements intended for that level range."
Think before you speak :D

Here is the $1,000,000 question though... How do they scale? When the toon hits level 35, does mongoose become it's normal self? Is it on Par with +15 Agi levels 1-34? If that is the case, a level 35 with the BoAs and a "fully armed and operational" mongoose will be quite powerful.

Think critically before you speak (or type).
Edited by Solaru on 6/21/2013 6:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

All max level all the time and only max level.

They gave mining and herbing the ability to go 1-600 in Pandaria. They're having 90 enchants entirely replace the 60 enchants.

Have they done anything to make professions actually useful to someone leveling it as they level the character up? No.
Edited by Suriyel on 6/21/2013 6:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
97 Blood Elf Mage
06/21/2013 06:44 AMPosted by Solaru
Here is the $1,000,000 question though... How do they scale? When the toon hits level 35, does mongoose become it's normal self?

That is the sole reason i looked for this on the forum.

Will the enchant get stronger with lvlups until it reaches its original lvl?
ex. lvl1 +2int / lvl20 +10int etc.....
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
So what will the go to enchants be now? Mongoose and Executioner? Landslide? Is there a level limit to the enchants that can be applied? This is all news to me here.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Here is the $1,000,000 question though... How do they scale? When the toon hits level 35, does mongoose become it's normal self?

That is the sole reason i looked for this on the forum.

Will the enchant get stronger with lvlups until it reaches its original lvl?
ex. lvl1 +2int / lvl20 +10int etc.....

I suspect they'll scale along the same lines as the BOAs, starting out great for level 1s and moving to mediocre for level 80s and above (and even then, there are specific levels where a few of the at-level blues are better than the BOAs). I think it'll probably end up being strictly speaking better to switch enchants at certain levels, but most people probably won't because it'll just be easier to keep the ones you already have.

So what will the go to enchants be now? Mongoose and Executioner? Landslide? Is there a level limit to the enchants that can be applied? This is all news to me here.

In 5.4 all enchants (and I think it might be all gems, but I could be wrong and BOAs don't have gem sockets anyway) will be available to all levels and scale (I assume) similarly to the way Heirlooms do now.
Edited by Arriay on 8/20/2013 4:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
OK so will they downscale some of the ones like crusader?? for level 10 the best warrior weapon enchant would be????????Will a Cata enchant scale to Crusader level or will it scale further down.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
OK so will they downscale some of the ones like crusader?? for level 10 the best warrior weapon enchant would be????????Will a Cata enchant scale to Crusader level or will it scale further down.

All enchants will scale down as far as level one. If you put a Crusader enchant on your heirloom arcanite reaper, you'll still get a benefit if it's equipped by a level one character.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
i may disagree, crusader is made for level one, so it may remain the same, as well as the +30 spell power and the other non level restricted enchants. and if so then the question remains what is the best for level 10 warrior.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
i may disagree, crusader is made for level one, so it may remain the same, as well as the +30 spell power and the other non level restricted enchants. and if so then the question remains what is the best for level 10 warrior.

Exactly. For example, I have a 25 Fury War with the Darkmoon Fair BOA chestpiece. I plan on using it for a very long while and my chanter gave it Glorious Stats (+80 all stats). But at lev 25 it is only, as I expected, +3 all stats. It will be interesting to see how it scales at, say, 35 and 60.

My 25 warrior has a pair of 1-h BOA swords (again, Darkmoon). I have them each enchanted with +15 STR. Now that I can use any enchant I am starting to examine alternatives. My sense, though, if something like Windsong may not be as effective at the lower levels as pure STR. It will be interesting when I replace them at lev 38 with a pair of 2-handers.

At lower levs I would think enchanting, say, a Fury warrior for STR as much as possible would still be the way to go. For BOA pieces the previously 372 or higher +STR enchants for bracers, gloves etc. would also make sense. One enchant like that would last the life of the armor. (until newer better chants come out, anyway).
Reply Quote
91 Pandaren Monk
Enchants now scale roughly like heirlooms do, which is by level and expansion. They are no longer bound by the old item level rules.

The nerf is that you can't put Mongoose on an item level 35 or higher weapon, and get the max benefit even though you aren't level 70.

The buff is that you can put Mongoose on any weapon of any level, including Heirlooms(!), and get some benefit appropriate to your level. This means Power Torrent and other enchants are no longer something just for high levels.

It's buffed for leveling, nerfed for twinking, but still useful for twinking because you get access to more/newer enchants. The only rule still in place is that enchants will stop scaling past their respective expansion levels. They scale backwards, not forwards. Don't expect to use Crusader at level 90, for example. It stops scaling at level 60 since it's a Vanilla enchant.
Reply Quote
80 Goblin Death Knight
Exactly. For example, I have a 25 Fury War with the Darkmoon Fair BOA chestpiece. I plan on using it for a very long while and my chanter gave it Glorious Stats (+80 all stats). But at lev 25 it is only, as I expected, +3 all stats. It will be interesting to see how it scales at, say, 35 and 60.

At level 80, the +80 stats became +8 stats so either it is bugged or it won't be much at 35 and 60.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]