How much Cairne has changed.

85 Draenei Paladin
I took a 6 month break and return to find my home realm is dead. All the good guilds are gone, all my old friends gone, and all those I loved and hated gone. This game has a story of its own. People come and go, like in real life. Going through high school, the moment you graduate and never see your friends again, reliving that moment over again really takes a toll. Dimaskdd, Basedlol, Merudinn, and Den. Some of the few I can actually remember. Going to miss having NRG Gaming, Dominus of PvP, and Stadning in Fire.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
<3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Cairne was decaying at a slow but steady pace until the recent 50% off character services week...Then things just collapsed. This last week I think I saw one Nalak run, and that was on Tuesday. To be fair I have an odd schedule so maybe I missed the bulk of them, but even then, I usually see 4-5 a week. Probably not the best metric for realm activity measurement, but the best I have. I do know a couple of the top 5 progression guilds flat out moved their raid teams to different realms and/or to the Horde. Maybe the virtual realms feature will revive the experience, but it is doubtful Cairne itself will ever be that vibrant on its own again :(

As for the people I know who have moved, I still keep tabs on them and now and then keep in contact where I want. It is all you can do. The thing about it is when old friends (or enemies) leave, it makes room for new ones to come into your life.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I agree, Cairne was amazing when it had a fairly healthy player base. Now that it has dwindled, I find myself rather upset by it, I log in from time to time on an alt, just to see if any of my old friends are on. Cairne was definitely my favorite server to play on, I've yet to find another server that gives me that "Warm fuzzy feeling" when playing with other people. The quality of the people who played on this server, is hard to match. (IMO)
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Rogue
Den has been long gone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Virtual Realms should fix it...

Should...

Until then I will stay here and hold then line! This realm has been good (And bad... and s&^%y... and awesome!) to me and I won't let that be for nothing!

Besides, my raiding group's still intact :P
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
It pays to be able to solo world bosses when the realm is empty.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Ever since Fligbot transfered the realm has sucked more.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I've been really discouraged about Cairne ever since Cata. It's especially bad looking at the Horde AH. Virtually nothing to buy at level cap except for crafted 458 PvP gear, and all of that horribly, horribly overpriced. My paladin here has been neglected (I spend most of my time playing my four Alliance 90s on Lightbringer and Alexstrasza) so is pretty behind on gear. Having plenty of gold, but finding no armor to spend it on, I went ahead and blew 28.4k on Bloodmoon, Reborn. Then I went looking for an enchant. Hmm, what's Dancing Steel going for? WTF? 10.5k? My enchanter on Lightbringer can get 2500-3000g, at best. Probably because on Lightbringer there are usually several other enchanters selling theirs. On Cairne Horde, there was exactly ONE for sale.

The stats say Horde is about 40% of Cairne's population; I think that most of that population is simply inactive or playing on their other servers. I rarely spot other Horde players out in the world, and my been-around-for-years guild is effectively dead :(

If Virtual Realms doesn't help this situation, I'll be packing off.
Edited by Donoma on 7/27/2013 12:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Vex
Cairne has been slowly dying since the introduction of Cataclysm when many of the raiding guilds left the server due to lack of generally decent recruits. Havoc (A) left around then as did Exodus (H) after that the decay continued and now you have few good guilds left :c and the player base is just funky :c not to say there arent any good peeps here just not that many. Like Xianpoo said the 50% off weekend was a kill command and like Drede said Virtual Realms are designed to fix issues like this and should fix it but may not depending on the realm(s) you connect with. Overall the revival of cairne is a dismal chance but there is hope however small it maybe.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
People always !@#$% about the economy here, but the pricing is actually relatively close the cross-realm averages on the whole. Check out: http://www.wowuction.com/Global
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I was on Cairne for at least 6 or 7 years until i just recently xfer to Proudmoore and i must say that i do miss my old realm but i don't miss the wait that it took to fill 1 or 2 spots for a raid. Raided R would have stayed but it seemed pointless to. I still have 3 toons on Cairne and maybe some day when the realm picks up again , i will play them. (one can only hope)
Edited by Judgëandjury on 8/20/2013 9:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Vex
I was on Cairne for at least 6 or 7 years until i just recently xfer to Proudmoore and i must say that i do miss my old realm but i don't miss the wait that it took to fill 1 or 2 spots for a raid. Raided R would have stayed but it seemed pointless to. I still have 3 toons on Cairne and maybe some day when the realm picks up again , i will play them. (one can only hope)

still playing in raided r old man jed :O the stickam godfather. you never did your shows again >:/
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Prices may be ok, but supply definitely outstrips demand. You can list something in at a fair price and have it sit for days just be undercut by 1 copper by someone else.

I'm just holding all of mine until I see things pick up, or it is time to liquidate before the next expansion.
Reply Quote
60 Human Paladin
Dream! Agilitystab! Hiiii :D

Den has been long gone.

I miss Den...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Whaaat? OP you thought Cairne wasn't dead 6 months ago? Pretty sure Cairne died when WotLK was still out. TBC Cairne was where it was at!

-Mario
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
man i miss old cairne
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
It was great in its time, I miss the trolls like Voi and Oo them ost, havent found anyone even close to them on other realms.
Reply Quote
Cairne died when Kue left with his mount.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/22/2014 11:44 AMPosted by Angerfang
Cairne died when Kue left with his mount.
Qualification: Cairne died when Blizzard introduced realm transfers, which allowed Kue (and the rest of the people who rerolled on the realm when it was locked) to leave with his mount.

11/12/2013 05:44 PMPosted by Vormav
Whaaat? OP you thought Cairne wasn't dead 6 months ago? Pretty sure Cairne died when WotLK was still out. TBC Cairne was where it was at!

-Mario
Affirmation: Tru-er Fax have never been spoken.

Contemplative: If we don't, who will remember?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]