"let them win" after 1 cap/half done

90 Human Paladin
What is with this mentality lately? I moved from Eredar to Proudmoore and its like the Alliance doesn't even try here. Really really disappointing to see so many losses just because 3/4 of the team doesn't try.

Random BG's are getting sad and fast.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Welcome to the current WoW community.

Step 1 - Put in minimal effort
Step 2 - Complain about the effort you put in
Step 3 - Receive Welfare Epics

Don't stress and wait for your gear to fall into your lap. Alternatively, play a better game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't care about the gear as much as the fun. I've been playing since vanillia not that it matters really, but its getting progressively worse and its not fun for anyone when its got this bad attitude of "let them win"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
When we are actively pursuing the BG objective, then yea, I'll stay to duke it out

When we are mouth breathing idiots that don't know/care wtf is going on, then I'm done, and would rather try again with people that came to play and win.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The worst part is its entirely the communities fault. Blizzard cannot make people want to win a battleground or want to have fun.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Welcome to the summer of emoteen overload, enjoy your stay.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Don't know. Maybe I've just been playing to long now. Maybe its time for something new like Cub said.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
After you play like 1000+ bgs, its really really easy to predict a defeat.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So dont even bother trying at that point just loose and get it over with?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
06/19/2013 06:31 PMPosted by Lieutbubble
So dont even bother trying at that point just loose and get it over with?

Exactly, theres nothing you can do, you can´t win alone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well I can't just not try. Guess that is why its not fun for me anymore. Smashing my head against horde 3-5 vs 1 wont get me anywhere.
Reply Quote
Blizzard nerfed fun in MoP.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
06/19/2013 06:23 PMPosted by Adramelk
After you play like 1000+ bgs, its really really easy to predict a defeat.

Predicting a defeat is even easier when you stop trying to win!
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Hunter

Alliance was doing this on Boulderfist in 2007. It's not a new attitude at all.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Step 1 - Put in minimal effort
Step 2 - Complain about the effort you put in
Step 3 - Receive Welfare Epics

Don't stress and wait for your gear to fall into your lap. Alternatively, play a better game.

yep that is then typical BG mentality for alliance players
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
NMB
I don't care about the gear as much as the fun. I've been playing since vanillia not that it matters really, but its getting progressively worse and its not fun for anyone when its got this bad attitude of "let them win"

Dude, I am completely on your side. Take a look at my HKs, I've been playing this guy since BC release. I played a pally in vanilla. I love BGs but not for the gear, just the pure fun I have playing them.

People with this attitude really piss me off. Giving up is something that is the norm these days. Anything to get your gear faster.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
06/19/2013 08:34 PMPosted by Mattee
People with this attitude really piss me off. Giving up is something that is the norm these days. Anything to get your gear faster.

Hey guys! Don´t give up!

I´m in this bg right now

http://i.imgur.com/mzwzDNh.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
if you're fully geared in random bg's, it doesn't matter if you win or lose. if you rely on random bg's to gear up, then losing or winning becomes a big deal to some people.

depends on what class/spec you're playing too. if you're healing, it's really annoying-or a class that depends on peels from others. people obviously get upset, i don't blame them it happens.

it's weird to say, but i think classes that do well in solo scenario's are really good for randoms.
Edited by Fran on 6/19/2013 9:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Warrior
If Blizzard had any balls, they'd make it so you only earned rewards if you won, and afking gave you a debuff that lasted 24 hours and reduced honor gain by 75%. Anyone shooting for the path of least resistance to shinies could then go clog up LFG and LFR.

I mean, if they had even more balls, pvp would solely center around pvp, and have no gear-based rewards at all, so the only people who participated are the people who actually pvp, but those kind of balls are hard to come by, so we can only hope they might grow some lesser balls.

Without the finding of balls, lesser or greater, pvp in this (and any other MMO) will continue to be 80-90% filled with people who want the least amount of effort for the most amount of gain, while the 20-10% carry them as they try to have fun. Almost an allegory to real life.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
There's a 6 page thread going right now requesting a surrender button that concedes the match if enough people click it. No surprise, it's an alliance that started it. Looks like you should have stayed with Eredar and spent your cash on a faction change instead. It's funny that everyone seems to be blaming oqueue, but clearly it's a l2p issue combined with an extreme lack of optimism in many cases.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]