"let them win" after 1 cap/half done

90 Night Elf Druid
06/19/2013 10:08 PMPosted by Stamper
It's funny that everyone seems to be blaming oqueue, but clearly it's a l2p issue combined with an extreme lack of optimism in many cases

Before oQ alliance blamed 5 man premade but in fact alliance is bad when it comes to bgs. During cata random bgs were enjoyable but after MoP release its just painful to join a bg and it was a great part of the game since sometimes you just want to join a bg and relax, but theres no fun losing every bg without actual player vs player, you just being camped bg after bg. Alliance is bad, oQ is just an excuse.
I´m finishing the gear for my druid but I just can´t try to play any alt due to current state of alliance bgs.
I vote yes to surrender.
Edited by Adramelk on 6/19/2013 10:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Finally! Horde won the war! One of the terms of our peace treaty is us getting to run a train on Jaina.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
People surrendering too soon is very annoying. It's now a common occurrence to be in a BG and for someone to say something like this in the pregame area "We are going to lose this one, they have 3 healers." Or God forbid the team earns one cap/the majority of the nodes in the beginning then it's time to just complain it's impossible to come back. Even in rated BGs the first cap means nothing. It is entirely possible to come back if everyone puts in the effort. I've been in games where there was a 2 flag cap lead/1000 point advantage and the losing team won. Yes, after you play enough pvp you can predict outcomes but those predictions aren't always true. Even veteran stockbrokers on Wall Street can be wrong in their predictions for companies. Look at Enron for example. A defeatist attitude will guarantee losses every time.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I don't give up after one cap. However if they get that 2nd cap with ease then, yes I'm going to basically say that the BG is over.

It's not about the other team starting to win that makes me give up, it's seeing how fast they're doing it with ease.
Reply Quote
I don't give up, but there are some games that are obvious we're not going to win because we're severely outgeared or severely outplayed or whatever reason is making the win easy for the other side and in those games, I just change objectives. That guy over there, in the pimp suit, who's been running away the entire game to avoid death? Yeah, that's my new objective - TO MAKE HIM DIE!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
When we are actively pursuing the BG objective, then yea, I'll stay to duke it out

When we are mouth breathing idiots that don't know/care wtf is going on, then I'm done, and would rather try again with people that came to play and win.

This.

When I'm the only healer on the team and nobody else will go get the flag but me, then I get rolled by 8 of their team with zero help while 1 of their guys who is usually a 315k hp Rogue runs their flag up the middle and nobody on my team even bothers to try to kill him even though I've called his location multiple times and pinged the map a hundred times...

Yep, just let them win.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Well I can't just not try. Guess that is why its not fun for me anymore. Smashing my head against horde 3-5 vs 1 wont get me anywhere.

Why do you think some people group up and do 5 mans?? For this exact reason!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Make groups, run rated, pre-mades and the like.
I'm sure a half hour in trade chat you could get some people together. There is also that oq thing, haven't looked into tit but might be helpful.

There are tools you can use to not have to run randoms, the amount of effort to use them I would guess is well worth the time.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I don't give up, but there are some games that are obvious we're not going to win because we're severely outgeared or severely outplayed or whatever reason is making the win easy for the other side and in those games, I just change objectives. That guy over there, in the pimp suit, who's been running away the entire game to avoid death? Yeah, that's my new objective - TO MAKE HIM DIE!

I love this!

I don't typically give up on objectives, because nothing is sweeter than a last minute game changer for the win. However, if we are getting slaughtered, I'm going down fighting and taking as many of them with me as I can.

Never give up!
Reply Quote
39 Blood Elf Rogue
06/19/2013 06:38 PMPosted by Adramelk
So dont even bother trying at that point just loose and get it over with?

Exactly, theres nothing you can do, you can´t win alone.

This makes me sad and reflect on the "poor me" attitude that permeates randoms. Many folks spend their time typing their critical and mostly rude comments rather than playing. BGs are approached with differing levels of abilities. Something that is not often taken as a concern as complaining and resignation seems to be the trend....oh, and quitting out when killed as it doesn't seem to fit peoples' narratives about their uberness.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Monk
Random BG's are getting sad and fast.

welcome to solo ques with the general public... this is why i BG with friends.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
Sadly, this is not new.

Unfortunately, a lot of people are only participating in PvP because they feel they need to get honour for gear, they don't care about actually playing the game and having fun. So to them, as soon as they think they've lost they just want to get out of there and into a new one.

Honestly, the best thing Blizzard could do for PvP is remove honour and/or PvP'ing to gain points for gear. Then the only people who would be in BGs are the people who want to be there to have fun and play.

But they'll never do that :D
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I think a big part of the issue is that most players are tunnel visioned into just KILL KILL KILL... they don't really work toward the objective if they aren't going to roll in HKs. I had a priest in a lvl 80-84 bg just sit and fight mid field and after a while was so excited they they finally killed him but during the time that he and 6 others are on team were just sitting there fighting mid, they horde team pulled ahead by a huge margin and they didn't seem to care because they got their HKs and were 2 or 3 on the HK list for the bg.

HKs mean nothing if you lose.

I would love to go back to the old days where you had to build up rank to get gear (not just honor). Back then you had to win and you had to really try at pvp to get anything out of it.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D0Ak91bnlI
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I can't open that link from my phone. How about you give me a spoiler, Panzer.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
i can't open that link from my phone. How about you give me a spoiler, Panzer.

"...never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down... never gonna run around and desert you..."
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Got it!
Reply Quote
22 Orc Shaman
It wasn't until after I started using the BG Targets addon that I really noticed how bad the deserter problem is. I mean I knew it was bad, but 3-4 people almost always bail from the losing team after the first cap.

You get the sense that there's a sizable portion of players who queue up, ragequit, wait and requeue, ragequit, etc, until they eventually get carried to a victory. The really sad thing is that many of these players have ok gear and could actually contribute if they weren't so afraid to risk losing.

But it's so silly because, like Woe said, the first cap in CtF is almost meaningless. The team that capped isn't going to just sit there on defense and turtle for 20 min, and the other team can still win by tie rule with just one cap. In Domination games you can cut off the other team's flow of points completely if you flip all of their nodes. I've seen it happen from both sides.

It's really not about strategy because "let them win" is a strictly dominated strategy. There's really no reason to think that quitting and requeueing will yield a different outcome. You'll get right back in the same bg with the same bads and the same situation, so you really might as well just win the one you're in. Or take a break and go outside.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Well I can't just not try. Guess that is why its not fun for me anymore. Smashing my head against horde 3-5 vs 1 wont get me anywhere.

Exactly...I've done over 10,000 bgs. I can call the result 98 times out of a 100 correctly before it even starts. When I see 5 of our team in WSG with 300k hp and under, wearing greens and blues with 0 pvp power and no heals...then I look at the horde team via "BG Targets addon" and see only 1 of them under 400k hp and 2 or 3 heals...I don't even bother at that point. I usually try to explain to the rest of the team how imbalanced this particular match is and that our best course of action would be to step aside and allow a quick horde 3 cap (since they're GOING to 3 cap anyways) thereby avoiding a GY farm for 15 min and giving horde bonus honor for HK's and flag returns.
Usually I just get shouted down, called names, etc etc *shrug*..and those same ones are the ones that get farmed over and over and keep picking up the horde flag over and over getting killed providing horde with multiple and uneccsary flag returns (possibly giving them achieve by doing so) and hk's. And for what? That's not "trying" as they like to claim. Because you can't really "try" if there was never any real chance of success to begin with.
So yeah, if a match is a obvious no-contest from the start then it's not "fun" to just hang around for 15 min getting curb-stomped in the gy. It's just dumb to prolong it and drag it out.
Wish Blizz would implement a "we give up" vote.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
What is with this mentality lately? I moved from Eredar to Proudmoore and its like the Alliance doesn't even try here. Really really disappointing to see so many losses just because 3/4 of the team doesn't try.

Random BG's are getting sad and fast.

Oh, and I forgot to add this to my above post....http://s1189.photobucket.com/user/EmeraldEmperor/media/WoWScrnShot_062113_014248-Copy.jpg.html

Dumb stuff like that that Blizz allows makes me throw up my hands in surrender
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]