"let them win" after 1 cap/half done

100 Orc Shaman
Honestly, the best thing Blizzard could do for PvP is remove honour and/or PvP'ing to gain points for gear. Then the only people who would be in BGs are the people who want to be there to have fun and play.

But they'll never do that :D

They will never do that because there won't be enough people queuing to get games to pop.
Reply Quote
12 Goblin Shaman
I think it's a major problem with Alliance giving up. I play both sides, and when I play Alliance the win percentage is lower than when I play Horde.
Not to mention when I play Alliance, there's always 1-2 players who chat in the instance constantly (making me wonder how the !@#$ can they play) then, after insulting the rest of us for not being able to defend an objective, they leave the instance.

Good going!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I have noticed the last couple of years (my main is on Proudmoor so I might whisper the OP to do randoms) that when school lets out the level of play on the BGs really drops. I am not talking about 1v1 as fighting is one thing, but team play and the sense of confronting adversity all but goes away. I usually decide if I am going to have the instance chat window open or my guild chat in the first couple of min. The first sign of "this is why the ally sucks" and I am out of that window. It is a game I like to play and have fun and I don't need some twerp junior attitude.

Buy hey, to each his own, but when we get a team full of people talking contructively in the game chat and are getting blown out or barely lose or doing the opposite of either it is a very pleasant experience.

now, back to our regularly scheduled insanity.....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Ive been playing since Vanilla, never owned a bot, never sat afk always did my best. I am so frustrated that Im ready to just give it up.
If you "suggest" maybe we should go for the flag in WSG, you get the insults like youre the one abusing them and the problem
Alliance is far worse than Horde, I have a 90 and 85 on Elune and that grouping is particularly disgusting. Bots and do nothings and quitters are mostly all they have.
Reply Quote
24 Troll Shaman
I don't give up, but there are some games that are obvious we're not going to win because we're severely outgeared or severely outplayed or whatever reason is making the win easy for the other side and in those games, I just change objectives. That guy over there, in the pimp suit, who's been running away the entire game to avoid death? Yeah, that's my new objective - TO MAKE HIM DIE!

I knew I liked you!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
NMB
06/19/2013 08:49 PMPosted by Adramelk
People with this attitude really piss me off. Giving up is something that is the norm these days. Anything to get your gear faster.

Hey guys! Don´t give up!

I´m in this bg right now

http://i.imgur.com/mzwzDNh.jpg

Obviously there are times when you can clearly see a BG is unwinnable. But are they really unwinnable or is half of your team already just waiting for the loss?

You being the only one to appear to be trying will feel as though there is no point in being in there. I feel the same way sometimes, but that's a part of PvP.

Just don't come to the forums or go on twitter raging up a storm about it. If everyone suddenly left games or had a way to surrender the game at the first sign of a loss PvP random BG's would die. Pure and simple.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
NMB
I don't give up after one cap. However if they get that 2nd cap with ease then, yes I'm going to basically say that the BG is over.

It's not about the other team starting to win that makes me give up, it's seeing how fast they're doing it with ease.

And I have been in many situations where we have come back from behind a 2 lead disadvantage. There are even achievements for this.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Random BG's are getting sad and fast.

Don't do them? They haven't been the main focus of PvP for the last 6 years. There's a reason for that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Youre pugging, stop acting like it matters. When you queue you are rolling the dice. You win some you lose some. when you are losing (and it is clear in most cases that a loss is incoming) why prolong the inevitable.
Reply Quote
48 Night Elf Warrior
I can't stand this mentality. My favourite games have been were we're down 2-0 with 11 minutes on the clock. When we pull together and get that second cap you can just feel the dread and desperation oozing from the other team as they realize they've just let that victory go. Those are the matches that make me keep PvPing.

I have been in matches where you can call it a loss right away. Generally you'll be getting farmed for it to be a total write-off. But I've been in so many matches where if I could just get 2 or 3 people to come with me it would be enough to sway things. People need to think a little bit harder about how dire the situation is before /afking.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I can't stand this mentality. My favourite games have been were we're down 2-0 with 11 minutes on the clock. When we pull together and get that second cap you can just feel the dread and desperation oozing from the other team as they realize they've just let that victory go. Those are the matches that make me keep PvPing.

I have been in matches where you can call it a loss right away. Generally you'll be getting farmed for it to be a total write-off. But I've been in so many matches where if I could just get 2 or 3 people to come with me it would be enough to sway things. People need to think a little bit harder about how dire the situation is before /afking.

I like this attitude!
Reply Quote
3 Draenei Warrior
if they are stomping you, u can choose to roll over, but u cant let them win. if they wanna hold flag and farm u they will, they dont have to cap.

i believe this is a psychological statement, made in an attempt to retain some sense of power.

/chuckle. as if youre in a position to "let" them do anything lol
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I don't give up after one cap. However if they get that 2nd cap with ease then, yes I'm going to basically say that the BG is over.

It's not about the other team starting to win that makes me give up, it's seeing how fast they're doing it with ease.

And I have been in many situations where we have come back from behind a 2 lead disadvantage. There are even achievements for this.

Same here, but that it feels like it usually happens 1 out of every 15 games.

Most of the time my team has ever came back from these kinds of situations is if the ones who are whining, or sandbagging the BG leave and we get some teammates who come into the BG and want to win instead of whining.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Ehh if you don't want to be in those gorups you either make a premade, do rated bg's which I have yet to do EVER or just play for fun and see how many you can kill.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]