Don't install BC or Wrath if you're at 4.x

(Locked)

17 Blood Elf Paladin
does wotlk come with tbc and wow on the disk?
75 Dwarf Paladin
when I open the game launcher, the patch starts to download but within seconds a message appears that says "Your game installation is damaged. Please run repair." and i run repair and nothing happens
ok so im just reinstalling WoW with the cata disc. is this right that it'll be updated till 4.0 and no other patching is required other then the ones after 4.0???.
13 Undead Priest
Man, this is crap.

My internet speed is slow, so I don't want to take 12 hours to download WOTLK and CATA.

So I was going to go get hard copy's from the store to install with.
Now, you are telling me that this will corrupt my game?
What a load of crap.
51 Undead Warlock
i just bought BC for the first time and im tryin to upgrade to it on my bn accoutn.. and it wont let me click the continue button.. and when i try to install it it stops at 74%.. what do i do?
85 Undead Rogue
Starting my own thread.
Edited by Wickedshadow on 12/22/2010 7:36 PM PST
60 Night Elf Rogue
So does this apply to both the online and standard one? Because my WOW CD is ancient (I think version 1.0.0) I opted for the online download and (after a lot of problems) got to the current version. I recently bought Burning Crusade. If I log into the client is my game file going to be corrupted?)
4 Night Elf Rogue
This perfectly describes my current problem, but I have damn near no idea how to interpret the solutions given in the thread. I got the error at about 75 percent, so I uninstalled everything and am currently re-installing the base WoW discs. Can I install Burning Crusade before the patch and have it run normally, or did I just spend 20 bucks for nothing?

If it makes a difference, I purchased the physical disc copies of the base WoW and Burning Crusade.
Edited by Landenbirch on 12/23/2010 12:23 AM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
I had a problem after I installed Cata I saw the old school log in screen and was like well ok and tried to log in. it did that whole update crap where you need to click the restart button tried to log back in and WoW crashed. I deleted my "WTF" folder and that fixed it.
61 Night Elf Hunter
Alright. I've read the entire forum.

So, pretty much, I only need to enter the authentication keys and that was it?

I bought all of the games up to Cata, and entered all of the authentication keys, then completed the 4.0.3 this morning. Is that all that I needed to do?

I'm so aggravated. I'm new to this.
85 Worgen Druid
Not sure bout this, but i installed from the Battle C
85 Worgen Druid
chest* and it patched fine.
90 Human Warlock
Every single time I try to play WoW, I get a message saying that WoW.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. It has been doing for a week and I have no idea how to fix this! I just upgraded my video card and it still shows this error. Does anybody know what is wrong?!
85 Undead Mage
i dont have wrath and im trying to upgrade to BC but my account page wont confirm it.. what should i do?
Support Forum Agent
12/23/2010 4:51 PMPosted by Jolock
Every single time I try to play WoW, I get a message saying that WoW.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. It has been doing for a week and I have no idea how to fix this! I just upgraded my video card and it still shows this error. Does anybody know what is wrong?!

You don't want to post unrelated issues in a sticky thread. We won't read it. Make your own with more details.

12/23/2010 9:46 PMPosted by Vermillionar
i dont have wrath and im trying to upgrade to BC but my account page wont confirm it.. what should i do?
You'd call Billing for something like that.

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
Vial of Tears http://www.surveymk.com/s/RHXXKHK
85 Human Warrior
I was trying to install WOTLK just now, it gave me an error at 74% or so, it said this:

"The file "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data\common-2.MPQ" could not be found. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (OpenArchive::Execute)"

I guess I don't need to install the game then yes? Just hit play and I'm good to go? Cool alright.
85 Night Elf Druid
so yesterday(december 24th) i went to log on and it said downloading updated tools, then closed out reopened and then gave me this,
Blizzard Downloader failed with and internal error.
please contact blizzard support.
what am i suppose to do about this, my download was 90% complete and id rather not uninstall it. i had been playing fine for a week and it just did this for no reason.
im running windows home premium x64 bit OS
73 Night Elf Hunter
Thank you very much, that helped out alot.
90 Tauren Shaman
I don't understand, I install correctly all of the game client ( 4.0.0 xx ). When its finished, thats say to open our Launcher for upgrade patchs, I double click on my icon Launcher and he just... don't open... I try again, same things... Then I've tried to directly open the game in the wow files and when im on it, I enter my pseudo's name and my password and then everythings crash with wow error...

Please help me. :) Actually my account is a BC version.
Edited by Duchnok on 12/27/2010 10:38 AM PST
Me and my brother both have accounts for just the regular base game, we want to upgrade to BC do we have to both purchase a digital copy?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]