Disc Priest - Questions re: PW:Solace and SF

90 Undead Priest
Hey guys,

I asked this over at the priest forums too, but I wanted a little more exposure.
My apologies if you're reading this twice.

just back after a couple of months break and see that they've reworked PW: Solace to make it competitive if not better than Mindbender as long as it is used correctly.
I'm sorry if these have been asked but searches did not answer all of my questions.

My questions are:

At what haste points does Shadowfiend gain an extra hit?

How does melee haste correlate with spell haste?

How do raid buffs effect Shadowfiend haste points?

How many of you are binding your Shadopan Assault trinket to the Shadowfiend cooldown?

Is pushing back Shadowfeind use (To avoid wasting a partial regen cooldown) worth possibly not getting an extra use at the tail end of a fight, or do you find yourself eating the waste to make sure you get maximum cooldowns inside your raids fight time?

Lastly, and I guess most importantly, is it worth gunning for the required haste point (Sacrificing Mastery and Crit) with haste being such low value for most other Discipline tools?

Cheers,
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
06/19/2013 08:17 PMPosted by Csethe
At what haste points does Shadowfiend gain an extra hit?

10% melee haste.

How does melee haste correlate with spell haste?

Spell haste increases speed of all your spells, melee haste increases your Sfiend's attack speed. Haste rating increases both melee and spell haste equally.

How do raid buffs effect Shadowfiend haste points?

Sfiend benefits from the 10% melee haste buff and Bloodlust. It snapshots your stats on cast so you'll want to use it after BL has gone out of if possible (though it's rarely worth waiting very long; using it on CD is usually the way to go).

How many of you are binding your Shadopan Assault trinket to the Shadowfiend cooldown?

That works but there's a decent chance they'll end up unsyncing at some point during the fight so you'll want an aura or something for the trinket to maximize its use.

Is pushing back Shadowfeind use (To avoid wasting a partial regen cooldown) worth possibly not getting an extra use at the tail end of a fight, or do you find yourself eating the waste to make sure you get maximum cooldowns inside your raids fight time?

Depends on the fight and damage patterns...rule of thumb: use in on CD if you'll get the full benefit. But if there's a particularly intense portion of a fight, figure out the best time to use it beforehand so it will be back up when you need it most.

Lastly, and I guess most importantly, is it worth gunning for the required haste point (Sacrificing Mastery and Crit) with haste being such low value for most other Discipline tools?

No. There's a few reasons you might want haste as Disc but Sfiend is not one of them.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Thanks Nixxin,

Just the answers I was looking for.

I hope you don't mind but I'll quote your answers to the priest forum so others can see in case they're curious also.
If you don't want this say so and i'll delete it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]