I need help on horridon

90 Human Priest
Here are my logs.
My armory is accurate as far as I know.
These are samples of our wipes on horridon.
Please help.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/629cfndikv2051h6/details/6/?enc=wipes&boss=68476
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i6bc5nr0lw5ri0o2/
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
You guys need to control the adds and position the boss right. You also need to make sure you are interrupting the venom priests etc.

I don't know what you're doing to have your ranged DPS get killed by Horridon but that should never happen. It appears to be a tank issue because your deaths have to do with boss position and or adds running a muck killing people. Double swipe etc all over you guys.

There's also frozen orb damage.

Venom damage.

Your tanks need to have CDs for last phase too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Horridon is a discipline fight. Yes, double discipline in a 10 man raid will work. The boss takes more damage over the course of the fight (200% at the end). Abuse atonement. Use spirit shell at the end when war god comes out for his AE damage.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Horridon is a discipline fight. Yes, double discipline in a 10 man raid will work. The boss takes more damage over the course of the fight (200% at the end). Abuse atonement. Use spirit shell at the end when war god comes out for his AE damage.

You can totally do the fight as Holy with another Disc Priest. I healed it on normal in a 10 man as Holy. :-P
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
On normal, though? I'd be so bored!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Boredom definitely not a problem.
OoM yes, stressed yes, and horribly frustrated yes. But not bored.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

I wasn't. :S It was frightening. Did it before the nerfs. Oh god. ADDS EVERYWHERE. HALP.

Edited to Add: Also, take a look at the actual logs. They were carrying a lazy Holy Pally and a Brewmaster who hasn't yet figured out what Blackout Kick does.
Edited by Tiriel on 6/20/2013 1:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
If you insist.

On normal, I'd sit in yellow single target chakra for the duration of the fight. If war god wakes more than a chakra cooldown, then I'd switch to AE chakra for that portion then go back to single target once he's dead.

Your current glyphs (renew, lightspring, damage redux) look fine. Consider the binding heal glyph if you can stand to lose the damage reduction and can afford the cost increase of binding heal.

Keep up on dispels. Don't be afraid to use guardian spirit on someone standing in a poison pool. The tank shouldn't need it.

I'd say "before I get a head of myself", but I already did. What kind of issues are you having?

Your spell breakdown looks fine. That's probably what I'd be casting, too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Oh, I'm so naive. I think your tank might be the one needing to post on forums...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Oh, I'm so naive. I think your tank might be the one needing to post on forums...

I tried to tell her that. :-\
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

At the end of the day I cannot play his character but I can play mine. So I will try to clean up my side of the street first. I did suggest he might shuffle more.
He got it up to 50% ish when we just had him tank horridon!
I was finding the need to GS tanks quite a bit on that.
I wish dispel had no cd.
Tiriel kindly suggested I PoM add tank for more bounces, gave me the talents I should be using (I tried most arrangements tonight...even thought of doing ToF!)

For some reason (I can't imagine why!) our disc priest quit tonight so it looks like unless I can replace him I will be disc for horridon from now on. :/

BUT if I do get another disc priest I *really* prefer holy and shadow sooooooooooo I appreciate further comments.

Stresses:
Horribly out of mana. Running from one tank to the other to pour out more buckets of my precious blue on them. One tank gets low run and PoM/Renew/GS/Void Shift or flash spam. Then the other tank gets low and needs help. So run to them! Dispel and renew people while running between tanks. While not standing in a cone or a puddle. Try top remember to root and fade the things chasing me. Crap someone is standing in bad but I cannot grip them because I forgot which place I keybound it and I would prolly just drag them some other bad place as I dash back and forth.

Oh no! Bob has forbearance and is calling for big heals! run to Bob. Oh no! Alan is at 15% Run to Al. Crap! Zeb is standing in poison.

Whew! I can finally channel DH/Focus pot.
"Charge on Mignonette!"
You have GOT to be kidding me.

No kill but my legs look amazing. I've been working out.
Edited by Mignonette on 6/20/2013 3:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
I'm surprised it hasn't been suggested yet but have you ever considered 2 healing this fight? Your DPS seems to be a bit low and this is one of those fights where having an extra dps around just makes things so much easier. It will give you one extra reliable interrupt, and the casting mobs will die faster meaning less frozen orbs/totems/venom snake thingies.

If you go 2 priests the only door that would give you any real trouble will be the second due to no poison dispels. Other than that it seems you are suffering through a lack of dps.

Also you should never have to "run" between tanks. Both tanks should be in range of you without having to chase them down. If you are doing that tell them to tank Horridon in closer to the raid.
Edited by Tiesha on 6/20/2013 7:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I agree with Tiesha. Try 2 healing it. My guild 3 healed it for our first kill but we wiped on Horridon for a couple weeks before we got it. The next week we 2 healed it and downed him on our 2nd try. The extra dps means adds die faster and therefore do less damage.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I read through the other posts, but didn't see interrupts mentioned for the Venom Priests. I know you have no interrupt as a Holy priest, and I know you're asking for things *you* can do to make the fight easier, but honestly - those Priests' Venom Bolt Volleys need to be kept on lockdown. For our 1st kills, in weeks 1 & 2 of 5.2, we marked the priests they spawned and everyone in the raid who had an interrupt (other than the Horridon tank for obvious reasons) - including me - was assigned one so there was no confusion if there were multiple Priests wandering around at any point.

Also, and again not something *you're* doing wrong, but the Horridon tank should never be out of range (or at least not more than a couple of steps out of range!) of the add tank. I mean, there's probably not an awful lot of ground to stand in so that both *are* in range, so sometimes you'll have to move around to avoid poison or sand traps or orbs or lightning totems and find that you've temporarily out-ranged one tank, but... yeah. Hopefully that positioning will come with more practice for the tanks ;)

And jumping back to the beginning of the fight, do you feel the healers are handling the dispels well on the 1st door? We had issues there (3-healing with a Disc & a holy priest... but the Disc is a fluffhead) until we laid out a strict dispel assignment. If any healer needed a dispel, they dispelled themselves. Otherwise, the Disc took the first non-healer Decursive box, I took the 2nd non-healer Decursive box, and the holy priest took the 3rd non-healer Decursive box (we threw the three of us into the 1st three raid slots of group 1 to help us know at a glance if a healer was one of the people needing a dispel).

If our Decursive boxes lit up like a string of Christmas lights, one of the priests did a Mass Dispel, and then we mopped up anyone who wasn't able to be in the Mass Dispel with our single-target dispels.

Dispelling *shouldn't* be that difficult (especially when we're already using Decursive! >.> ) but... yeah, we needed to have a strict set of rules to follow.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I just wrote a series of posts in our forums for our second raid group (struggling on Horridon). Thought I'd share the general points. (I two heal as disc with a resto shaman - Di - and the RL is Shadow. Dweorg is the shadow priest that I make do a couple mass dispels).

------------

I stand in the group, and Di slighty out (she always heals the boss tank). I choose divine star for this fight and direct it through the group hitting both the players and the mobs.

The first door is murder on mana with all the dispels. We get one blazing sunlight from the first big mob (mass dispel). When the second group comes out, the first one casts blazing sunlight and then the second one about 2 seconds later (I wait and mass dispel all 6 at once). The next casts will happen before mass dispel is off cooldown for me and that is Dweorg's job to mass dispel. Generally, we only get one more set of debuffs there. I cast mindbender after the first mass dispel. The 39k mana per is nasty, nasty... (pvp is why we can't have nice things). Mindbender is generally off cooldown as the last adds for the door dies (and I use my hymn with that one). Using the mass dispel for the magic dispels lets me have my purify not on cooldown if the stonegazer gets a cast off and stuns someone important (like a tank). Sothe is supposed to interrupt the stonegazer, but he also picks up the orb. Sometimes a stun happens.

We don't have any dispels on the second door, so interrupts are imperative. A good second door execution will have no poisons cast since it is interruptable. DPS priority (damage dealer can correct me if needed) - dinomacer above 50% health, venomous effusions, priests, other adds. The dinomacer can run around forever after he drops the orb. We did the achievement and Nz tanked one from the first or second door to the end of the fight without any trouble... mmm clothie tanks.

Looking at the graph for damage done vs. when adds died, most of my healing from the third door on came via atonement. Shield the targets that need it, dispel, point divine star at big groups of adds, and then dps the boss. Atonement healing is based on damage done, and the damage multiplier on the boss makes this work really well. I have more damage done that one of the tanks in the log that I was looking at. Di and I have roughly equal healing done.

Dps cooldowns aren't to be used on the boss at the beginning. The name of the fight is "why aren't the adds dead yet". Shadow says it all the time... it must be the name of the fight. The stacking damage debuff on the boss with eat a lot of the boss's health when you finally get done killing adds. In the log that I am referencing, Nzete did just short of a quarter of the damage of the highest damage dealer while splitting the healing equally with Di. Having a discipline priest is a serious advantage in this fight (in many ten man fights but especially ones with a damage multiplier on the boss). Time spent doing damage can be redeemed for burst healing using archangel. I tend to save my archangel and power infusion for serious "oh crap" moments for reactive healing (reactive healing being a weakness for discipline).

-------

Horridon is a huge adds control fight. A don't stand in crap fight. A do you interrupts fight. And a dispel fight. Healing is tank healing and healing things that you should have to heal. With dispels. You shouldn't have any poisons go out. I have power auras for my dispel cooldowns (regular and mass) because of this fight.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
06/20/2013 08:07 AMPosted by Ellarix
I read through the other posts, but didn't see interrupts mentioned for the Venom Priests.

You also need to make sure you are interrupting the venom priests etc.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
One problem with this is that they only have about three interrupts (1 tank, DPS Shaman, Hunter?). 4 if you count the Holy Paladin, but since healing was apparently not something he was capable of in the fight, I don't think I'd trust him with interrupts, either.

I'm not sure if the Warlock pet ability interrupt works on those adds, nor am I sure they'd have the fel puppy out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Thanks for all the help! I didn't even think about interrupts.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
This has been touched on previously, but I really want to emphasize that this fight is a mechanics check. As others have mentioned, you should almost never be out of range of either tank. One thing our raid does that really helps us, is position horridon parallel to a door, about 35-40 yds away from it. The ranged group then stacks up right at horridon's head, just out of his aoe cone. When death spawns on the range group (sand traps, effusions, etc) we simply side step it by 5-10 yds and continue on. The horridon tank moves in parallel to us so we stay at his head.

The big benefits of this strat are that if a ranged gets charge, they have a very short distance to move to run to the tank, and the double swipe aoe is never in an akward spot. This will also help you with mass dispels, and healing in general.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
My group just got him down last night. After bashing our heads against him for three raid nights in a row we called it early last time and watched the fat boss vids.

We were too spread out on the adds. The add tank positioned himself correctly and relied on the rest of us to calm down a bit and kite to him when needed. As he was not running around collecting adds as much the DPS nailed the ints.

I was holy with a Druid. With the adds under better control people stood in less crap and I did not really touch flash. I was able to let the Druid's hots do their thing and really only burnt through my mana at the third door and when war god dropped. I almost did not heal anything on the first door and just put out dispel.

I don't think I could have done it with a monk who only had 50% shuffle up time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]