5.4 Holy Paladin Concerns

90 Blood Elf Paladin
From a sheer throughput perspective (talking about healing per second, HPS)...this change seems unwarranted.
The reason I state this:
Go to raidbots (or world of logs to do it yourself) and look at the top 100 HPS for fights, then look at the overall HPS for fights. For instance:
http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/25H/all/14/60/default/#0000000000000000000000000000111111

We've been in steady decline and yet the other classes that are on top (priest, druid, monk) are getting buffs, while the last 2 classes basically remain unchanged, or in our case NERFED.

I don't understand what their intent is, but it will definitely make me re-roll to a healing class that my raid will need. A holy paly is easily replaceable. Oh no, wait - my DEVO aura - Just kidding guys, bring a ret, does the same thing.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Update: It appears that mastery is no longer proccing from periodic effects on the PTR as reported by Aladya from Method.

Not getting IH from the EF hot, Light's Hammer or Execution Sentence.

We're gutted completely with no compensation.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I can only hope that the IH not stacking from EF, and Light's Hammer are not intended. If so those nerfs combined with the nerf to EF is just absurd. I guess all we can do is wait for the official PTR notes, and hopefully a blue response. I understand why they wanted to nerf eternal flame, but with no competition on that tier of talents, and nerfing it this significantly is just unbelievable.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I hope you have your alts Pelinal. If we get no compensation. RIP Holy Paladins t16.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I have been working on gearing my priest! =P My shaman is a bit far behind in gear, but maybe there is still time!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I am not normally subject to "the sky is falling" hyperbole, but I hope the changes to EF are a mistake. Reducing the hot's duration would be one thing, but completely removing its interaction with IH seems...punative. Not only is it a significant throughput nerf across the board, but it makes LoD better in pretty much all situations, and will severely hamper hpallie's ability to spread heal.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I have been working on gearing my priest! =P My shaman is a bit far behind in gear, but maybe there is still time!

I really don't want to reroll :/
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Anybody else feel like the envoy sent to Spartacus in the movie, 300, standing before the pit shouting about madness?

If for some unforeseeable reason these changes go live as they are; congratulations shamans, you are no longer the worst healer... even though you haven't received any of the changes you've been begging for for months.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
*Sigh*

Once again it's happening. I don't mind really, I just know I'm gonna have to try even harder now. I like the Divine Plea buff though.

EDIT: Look at all those mage buffs LOL
Edited by Imdatank on 6/20/2013 4:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Update: It appears that mastery is no longer proccing from periodic effects on the PTR as reported by Aladya from Method

It's in the patch notes, think they lost their minds
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
06/20/2013 04:41 PMPosted by Taelaus
Update: It appears that mastery is no longer proccing from periodic effects on the PTR as reported by Aladya from Method

Absolutely insane that they did this AND nerfed the initial heal. And why do they feel the need to nerf Light's Hammer and Execution Sentence too? Unbelievable.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Eternal Flame not applying Illuminated Healing is... Yeah... I think it's time I begin building my Retribution off spec up to par.

What I find funny is they're also nerfing Execution Sentence so that it doesn't apply Illuminated Healing too. As if Execution Sentence was ever actually taken by a Holy Paladin.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
06/20/2013 05:14 PMPosted by Lumineux

Absolutely insane that they did this AND nerfed the initial heal. And why do they feel the need to nerf Light's Hammer and Execution Sentence too? Unbelievable.

I would guess the nerf is aimed directly at the 30+% from passive "healing" parses. Particularly given their comments about reining in absorbs. I'm reasonably sure 1 hopo EF blanketing was not intended behavior and they are just now getting to fixing it much like jab-jab-uplift got obliterated in 5.2.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just chiming in to this thread in the hopes Blizzard gives us some serious review this Patch. If the changes go live, they've officially gutted the class and made it absolutely useless. We are already a clunky class that relies on overhealing and a ridiculous strategy to make our heals useful, and now we will lose our primary healing with nothing to compensate for it. I'm going to be discussing the issue with guild healing officers tonight and see if I'm going to reroll, because if these changes go live there's no point bringing a Holy Pally to the raid.

It's going to piss me off if I have to reroll again because it will be the second time I've had to do that this expansion. I started out as a Monk, since my old guild didn't have a Monk healer assigned and we had an abundance of Shaman. Patch 5.1 hit and absolutely obliterated Monks in 10-man raiding so I went to Holy Pally, again to fill the guild's needs. If we get these nerfs and I have to reroll again, I don't know what to say. So sick of this carrot-and-stick rerolling game that Blizzard likes to play. They brought Pallies in line with the changes last patch. I can't even beat Holy Priests and Resto Druids on the meters anymore, not to mention their superior utility.

Blizzard, here's some advice on how to handle healing classes: Stop making it into a numbers game. Healers don't care about making bigger numbers, they care about being useful. Give each healing class a specific niche to succeed in (like you did in BC) and everything will be fine in the world. It's okay to want all healers to be decent at everything, but stop trying to make every healer the best healer. It's never going to work, and with healers being so critical to raid progress, it leads to healers constantly reevaluating their value to the raid and whether even being in the raid is going to set back progress. Also, for the love of God, stop nerfing us mid-expansion. Small number changes to keep each class in line, but stop changing healing mechanics and rotations in the middle of expansions. Big changes should be reserved for pre-expansion patches, so that we who raid Heroic modes have time to adjust and level up new healers, if it's deemed necessary.

That is all. Hopefully these issues get some attention.
Reply Quote
Nerfing the HoT-IH interaction was something I expected a long time ago, but nerfing the initial heal by 30% as well is overkill. Also, does this also affect Light's Hammer?

I would have prefered the suggestion I read in this thread of having the EF duration be based on the HP spent, rather than having it last 30 seconds at all HP ammounts. However, I think it would have led to problems due to haste breakpoints in order to keep the healing proportional to HP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Nerfing the HoT-IH interaction was something I expected a long time ago, but nerfing the initial heal by 30% as well is overkill. Also, does this also affect Light's Hammer?

I would have prefered the suggestion I read in this thread of having the EF duration be based on the HP spent, rather than having it last 30 seconds at all HP ammounts. However, I think it would have led to problems due to haste breakpoints in order to keep the healing proportional to HP.

Apparently as of the latest patch notes it removes IH interactions from EF, Light's Hammer and Execution Sentence.

Placative, useless GC tweet says "compensation for EF gutting if it sticks around".

I'll agree what they should have done was removed the HoT interaction with EF, or as has been suggested in this thread and in the past have the HoT portion duration scale with HoPo usage so that blanketing is less effective. Why they nerfed the other abilities interaction with IH is just mystifying.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/347862412587839489
Edited by Necai on 6/20/2013 6:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/347883378567151616

Seems they intend to only keep one nerf, which will likelye be the mastery interaction. Not surprised, but I'm unsure if they intended to also affect LH/ES-Mastery interaction or just EF.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Not sure where they are going with these changes.

The change to EF, and removal of mastery effect from EF HoT and our last tier talents will nerf our raid healing capability a LOT!

On the other hand, having SH affect DL increases our single target healing tremendously. It basically gives us 35% faster and cheaper, and 20 percent stronger DL every six seconds. That is huge. Combined with IoL and the 2 pc. Tier 16 bonus, DL will have a cast time of 0.5 to 0.6 seconds and hit for well over 300k crit.

I played around with crit build for a bit, and was able to get 38% crit and 20% mastery raid buffed. No Horridon trinket yet, so I still maintained a healthy amount of spirit. With the new gear, we should be able to hit 50 percent crit (75% HS crit rate) and 25% mastery raid buffed.

All these combined will make holy paladin the strongest single target healer. Makes you kind of wonder what kind of tank damage is coming down the pipe.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I guess paladins will go back to ICC healing
Reply Quote
Mastery not benefiting from Execution Sentence or Light’s Hammer isn’t intended and probably just got caught in the change to make Eternal Flame’s heal-over-time not benefit with mastery. We will correct that.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9344634569#2
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]