Things just got interesting

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, it looks like GC has followed up on his promise (or did that qualify as a threat?) to neuter Eternal Flame in 5.4 if the datamined changes posted on mmo-champion are any indication. So, there goes one throughput talent. And then there's Sacred Shield: that one got gutted as it was changed into a weak defensive cooldown. There goes another throughput talent.

Interesting. They seem to be really determined to... uh... actually, I am not even sure what they are trying to do to paladins now.

I mean, I am looking at worldoflogs for Throne of Thunder 25H, I don't see paladins topping the charts. It looks like we have decent representation on some fights and we look weak by comparison on others, but I struggle when I try to figure out the rationale behind this "TO THE GROUND, BABY" round of nerfs.

Anybody got any ideas regarding whose bowl of morning cereal we urinated in to deserve this sort of treatment?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
My favorite part of this set of notes is the disc priest 4pc getting buffed. What a joke.
Edited by Healbøt on 6/19/2013 6:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Well, it looks like GC has followed up on his promise (or did that qualify as a threat?) to neuter Eternal Flame in 5.4 if the datamined changes posted on mmo-champion are any indication. So, there goes one throughput talent. And then there's Sacred Shield: that one got gutted as it was changed into a weak defensive cooldown. There goes another throughput talent.

Interesting. They seem to be really determined to... uh... actually, I am not even sure what they are trying to do to paladins now.

I mean, I am looking at worldoflogs for Throne of Thunder 25H, I don't see paladins topping the charts. It looks like we have decent representation on some fights and we look weak by comparison on others, but I struggle when I try to figure out the rationale behind this "TO THE GROUND, BABY" round of nerfs.

Anybody got any ideas regarding whose bowl of morning cereal we urinated in to deserve this sort of treatment?

Where have you been most of 5.2 and .3?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Where have you been most of 5.2 and .3?

*sigh*
I was afraid it would devolve into this.

For the record, I have spent 5.2 being OP. I have spent 5.3 trying to work around the rather severe nerf to our main throughput stat. I am still competitive, but I have to work for ranks now.

In either case, I fail to see how being OP in the past justifies being unable to compete in the future. The goal of balancing is to make all classes approximately equal. The goal of balancing is NOT to punish entire classes for being OP in previous patches. Please tell me you understand that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I will be patient somewhat waiting for very big compensation for this ridiculous nerf. I honestly think they are seriously underestimating how important EF is to our healing.

And it's early PTR. And they hopefully will still tinker with it. But if anyone thinks the changed SH or SS is better than EF it's a joke.

The SW change is interesting though and the Divine Plea change is a finally.
Edited by Marathel on 6/19/2013 7:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/19/2013 07:17 PMPosted by Marathel
And it's early PTR. And they hopefully will still tinker with it. But if anyone thinks the changed SH or SS is better than EF it's a joke.

In my experience, "early PTR" issues tend to become "late PTR" issues and then "live" issues if not enough people pay attention. That's kind of my goal here... get forum denizens to start paying attention.

The SW change is interesting though and the Divine Plea change is a finally.

Time will tell whether the new version is SW is competitive with HA. The current version isn't. That said, the new version won't compensate for the magnitude of the other nerfs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I don't see the problem with how Eternal flame works with the mastery nerf.

Holy paladins already suffered a major blow after this nerf. Nerfing Eternal flame doesn't help.

Unless they are going to follow up on what they said and begin to shift healing back into raw healing instead of absorbs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Time will tell whether the new version is SW is competitive with HA. The current version isn't. That said, the new version won't compensate for the magnitude of the other nerfs.

It certainly promotes different playstyle but I still think 3 minutes is way too long. If it was 2 minutes alongside HA then it would become more interesting.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Unless they are going to follow up on what they said and begin to shift healing back into raw healing instead of absorbs.

That's possible, but so far there is little to suggest that this is indeed the case...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Mark my words they'll nerf holy paladins on the ptr 4-5 times. Then give them 1 buff to their playstyle and make them godly.

Case and point, mistweaver monks on the 5.2 ptr
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The only way they would make us godly with one change if they drastically up the generation of holy power.

Like it was back in Cataclysm.

THEN....things would get interesting to be sure.
Reply Quote
Case in point

ftfy.
Edited by Evry on 6/19/2013 8:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Mark my words they'll nerf holy paladins on the ptr 4-5 times. Then give them 1 buff to their playstyle and make them godly.

Case and point, mistweaver monks on the 5.2 ptr

So "godly" they spent all of 5.2 as #3/4 on the lolmeters and clearly weren't strong enough to cause any sort of population move to the class (as monks are still far behind the other healers in representation). Mmkay...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I expect priests and paladins to remain dominant in progression kills while monks/druids come in on farm kills or the rare fight where they are just as useful due to mechanics. At least if you raid 25-mans it's a little more encouraging to diversify your roster for throughput demands and CDs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Rough comparison...

Nerfed EF will be 60k initial heal non crit versus 85k WOG.

Not counting scaling if it ends up being true. If anyone wants to do the math...

14.7 SP percent scaling nerf.
Edited by Marathel on 6/19/2013 9:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Paladins are last overall for pure HPS in 25m heroics right now in the 90-95th percentile of healers.

2nd to last in 100th percentile.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Wouldn't have any issue with this. But to continue to reduce mastery benefit, while not adjusting throughput is counter productive.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Basically everyone's... for almost 3 years now ;)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Though I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to the dark side.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
take my hand we'll make it I swear
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]